TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Busch Gardens Williamsburg (BGW BGE) Discussion Thread

P. 467: Media Town Hall Report

So in that video the drop section looks to be maybe a little bit more intense that the one at Legoland? We'll see, can't wait to hear some reviews of this thing should be a great addition to an all ready fantastic park!

Is it just me or do those trains have a bit of a Schwarzkopf feel to them?

^Yeah, it does look to have a little more "oomph", I wonder if the physical dimensions of the drop track piece itself is any different from the one at Legoland? That quick Verbolten clip it looks like it actually "free falls" a longer distance before being stopped by the brakes but you would think that from a manufacturers standpoint it would be easier to produce one one universal drop section that can be programmed for different levels of intensity for different types of rides, but maybe not.

It's nice to get a "sneak peek" at the scenery in the show building with the work lights on. Looking forward to seeing how it looks with the show lighting and effects.

I plan on attending the V-bolt preview today. I'll give a very short review afterwards. I'm pretty excited about this

I heard BGW employee preview has been postponed. Can you confirm or let us know what is happening with the ride? Since today in not an operating day, how does the staff preview work? Does BGW announce it to employees and anyone interested shows up on their day off to ride Verbolten?

Regards,

RIP...

I plan on attending the V-bolt preview today. I'll give a very short review afterwards. I'm pretty excited about this

I heard BGW employee preview has been postponed. Can you confirm or let us know what is happening with the ride? Since today in not an operating day, how does the staff preview work? Does BGW announce it to employees and anyone interested shows up on their day off to ride Verbolten?

Regards,

RIP...

Just because the park is not open does not mean that it is everyone's day off. Since they are open Friday-Sunday presently, they probably do a lot of training and cleaning on Thursdays. I know from two different summers at CP you come in a week before the park opens and cycle your ride everyday to get you used to it and try out different positions and then go into a rotation wherein the ops from other rides come to ride yours and vice-versa; and then you also practice evacs.

Regards,

RIP...

As far as I know/can say, the coaster has been having typical new ride issues as of late, so the preview has been pushed back. As for preview announcements, they are announced and whoever wants to ride comes in to ride.

Wow I'm surprised they showed us that much! Especially the drop sequence, it definitely looks like its got some umph to it as well. I'm extremely excited about Verbolten now and I'm trying to find a way out there to get on this ride. The only problem will be dragging my boyfriend along with me. haha