Busch Gardens Williamsburg (BGW BGE) Discussion Thread

P. 1066: Finnegan's Flyer POV video
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 4 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Re: Busch Gardens Williamsburg (BGW BGE) Discussion Thread

Postby cfc » Fri Apr 27, 2012 5:35 pm

Here's the latest message from the park on Verbolten--get excited!

VERBOLTEN STARTS ITS ENGINES
Busch Gardens Begins Verbolten’s Final Testing Phase Before May 18 Grand Opening

WILLIAMSBURG, VA (April 27, 2012) – Busch Gardens reached another milestone last week when engineers and operators began Verbolten’s extensive ride-testing procedures. Ride testing is one of the final construction phases an attraction undergoes before it opens to guests.

“We will inspect every inch of Verbolten before it opens May 18,” said Larry Giles, Busch Gardens’ vice president of design and engineering. “We are confident that we will complete our work in time for our scheduled opening.”

Ride testing is a multi-step process designed to check and recheck every component of the roller coaster. It is a collaborative effort between the ride’s manufacturer, the park’s engineering team and Busch Gardens’ operations staff. The track, the coaster cars, the ride’s electronic safety interlocks and the physics of the ride itself are among the many checks performed to prepare the ride for the public.

The testing also validates the park’s standard operating procedures established to ensure the safe operation of the coaster. Park operators have spent the past several weeks finalizing ride procedures, learning the coaster’s sophisticated control system and practicing shutdown and recovery procedures to ensure the ride and the team operating it are prepared for the millions of guests who will enjoy riding Verbolten over its lifetime.

The final aspect of the ride testing program involves the use of special “water dummies” that are secured in each of the coaster train’s 16 seats and simulate the actual ride experience. That is closely followed by actual ride testing by park employees, who are the first to experience the new coaster before it opens to guests.

“By the time we allow people on the ride, we are confident that the coaster is ready for service,” said Mark Pauls, Busch Gardens’ vice president of operations. “We can’t wait for everyone to experience this one-of-a-kind roller coaster. It’s truly a special ride”

Verbolten is the capstone attraction of a two-year rejuvenation project in Busch Gardens’ Oktoberfest village. Mäch Tower, the park’s 240-foot drop tower, joins the launch coaster as the park’s newest thrill attractions. They join an award-winning pretzel restaurant and new performance spaces that also opened in 2011.

Looks like Verbolten is on track (pun intended) for that May 18th opening.

Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Forbidden Donkey.

Postby esvadj » Fri Apr 27, 2012 7:09 pm

I decided to enter the contest. Wish me luck.....
verboltenJD.jpg
my contest entry

I wrote the book about donkeys!

Location: Intimidator 305 - Red Train - Row 1 - Left Seat - Going over the crest of the lift

Postby T-BONDIcoasterkid » Sat Apr 28, 2012 12:31 pm

I am scheduled to go to the park on May 26th! Can't wait to check out the Verbolten and get some footage! :)
Coaster Count: 33!
Favorite Coaster:INTIMIDATOR 305
Last Coaster Ridden: Verbolten
Next Park: Kings Dominion

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Tmcdllr » Sat Apr 28, 2012 11:21 pm

robbalvey wrote:Evan the coaster tool has been banned for not understanding that sometimes, you just need to wipe, flush, and move on.

I cannot begin to describe how incredibly funny that is!

What's with the donkeys anyway?

Postby Pun_Machine » Sun Apr 29, 2012 8:57 am

New testing footage shot yesterday:
ADMIN EDIT - Sorry we do not support the people who shot this video. Link removed.
Last edited by robbalvey on Sun Apr 29, 2012 11:26 am.

Postby sammmmmy » Sun Apr 29, 2012 9:04 am

^It looks terrific! The speed is perfect, and the trees are already growing like crazy where the pre-launch is!

I'm even more excited! :b
"Okay everyone the photo spot is after the overbank,, so everyone remember to pose like a terrified black woman"

FAVORITE: Tie between Incredible Hulk and Millennium Force
LAST RIDDEN: Bizarro

Location: Intimidator 305 - Red Train - Row 1 - Left Seat - Going over the crest of the lift

Postby T-BONDIcoasterkid » Sun Apr 29, 2012 9:23 am

Man! Verbolten is so photogenic! The trains move very elegantly! :)
Coaster Count: 33!
Favorite Coaster:INTIMIDATOR 305
Last Coaster Ridden: Verbolten
Next Park: Kings Dominion

Jo My Oh!

Postby Jerrykoala2112 » Sun Apr 29, 2012 9:50 am

I wish we are able to see how fast it goes through the indoor part of the coaster. I am still in love with the last drop into the final turns. It was great experiencing that on Big Bad Wolf, and the sense of speed you'll get on Verbolten will be awesome.

What was Jer's last adventure? Drayton Manor - 2012
Check out my SFGAm Music Video - Here

What's with the donkeys anyway?

Postby Pun_Machine » Sun Apr 29, 2012 10:53 am

^ no matter how fast it goes inside it will feel much faster due to the theming inside.

Can I park my donkey here?

Postby galahad » Sun Apr 29, 2012 5:58 pm

Soo curious to see how they manage to achieve the effects of lightning and rain...

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!