Busch Gardens Williamsburg (BGW BGE) Discussion Thread

P. 1066: Finnegan's Flyer POV video
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 2 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: Busch Gardens Williamsburg (BGW BGE) Discussion Thread

Postby coasterbill » Wed Jan 22, 2014 9:57 am

EastCoastKid wrote:
I'd say if you really wanna go for a steep drop, I'd recommend Fahrenheit. The entire ride (including first drop) is full of airtime and forces from start to finish. It's very intense and doesn't have that one trick pony vibe Griffon gives off.

I remember riding Fahrenheit for the first time. That drop scared the bejeezus out of me!

Off topic but even though I want to like Farenheit it does nothing for me at all. Besides the lift and first drop it's kind of a snooze fest. Is it just me?

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Wed Jan 22, 2014 11:13 am

^I agree with this.

We now return you to the BGW Discussion Thread, which is already in progress . . .

Hey, how about that Griffon, eh? ;)

The Resident Vegetarian Hippie

Postby Hercules » Wed Jan 22, 2014 11:42 am

I find Griffon to be so controlled, for lack of a better word. There is no wild and crazy factor to it.

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Wed Jan 22, 2014 12:03 pm

Hercules wrote:I find Griffon to be so controlled, for lack of a better word. There is no wild and crazy factor to it.

I think that's the problem with later B&M coasters in general. I enjoy rides like Griffon and Apollo's Chariot, but they just don't have the same thrill factor as, say, Intamin or RMC coasters.

But this does make B&M an ideal ride manufacturer for parks, like BGW, that serve a family, as opposed to enthusiast, audience. Their rides tend to have wider appeal, and, as I said, they're usually quite good and B&M can still surprise you (Hair Raiser is a good example here).
Last edited by cfc on Wed Jan 22, 2014 12:04 pm.

I wrote the book about donkeys!

Postby megametal » Wed Jan 22, 2014 12:43 pm

I still find Alpengeist pretty intense. (I know, that's old B&M, but someone stated that the park didn't have any intense coasters.)

But for really intense coasters, the only one that I would call frightening is Skyrush at Hersheypark, so...

I've gone pantless!

Postby cfc » Fri Jan 24, 2014 10:54 am

Busch Gardens has announced the winner of the Food and Wine Festival Facebook poll.

Food and Wine Caribbean.png

WILLIAMSBURG (January 24, 2014) – Busch Gardens® is bringing new flavors to this year’s Food & Wine Festival thanks to help from the park’s social media fans. The festival, opening May 23 at the Virginia park, will feature Caribbean-themed selections along with the park’s other European-inspired culinary creations.

Busch Gardens’ social media team enlisted help from its nearly 500,000 Facebook fans to help choose a new culinary theme that will join the lineup of geographic regions already represented at the festival. Among the choices provided, Caribbean cuisine cruised to the top of the list, garnering nearly 40 percent of the nearly 1,000 votes cast in the recent five-day survey. The American Southwest came in second with Thai, Indian and vegetarian offerings rounding out the choices.

The Busch Gardens Food and Wine Festival offers a variety of culinary dishes not normally served at the park. Guests can sample authentic tastes from around the world while strolling through the world's most beautiful theme park. Individual-sized tasting portions are offered for sale at themed kiosks stationed throughout the park. The Food and Wine Festival opens May 23 and runs Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays through June 29.

For more information, visit http://www.buschgardens.com/foodandwine.

So, I guess we can look forward to jerk chicken, fried plantains, and maybe some fruity rum drinks this summer.
Last edited by cfc on Fri Jan 24, 2014 10:58 am.

Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby CPSFMMCW » Fri Jan 24, 2014 12:11 pm

megametal wrote:I still find Alpengeist pretty intense. (I know, that's old B&M, but someone stated that the park didn't have any intense coasters.)

But for really intense coasters, the only one that I would call frightening is Skyrush at Hersheypark, so...

I did find Alpengeist to be an intense ride. Although half the time while on it I wasn't thinking about what I was riding. I was instead sniffing the smell of Trappers Smoke House which was below. The smell is huge while on the ride. It smells good... :lmao:
Apollo's chariot is purly a fun coaster, and griffon has the factor of hanging over the drop, but other than that its another "fun" coaster.
Check out Coaster Studios on YouTube!
http://www.youtube.com/user/TheCoasterguy14
Twitter: @coasterstudios
Intimidator 305|El Toro|Apollo's Chariot|New Texas Giant|Nitro|Kingda Ka|Skyrush|Superman: Ride of Steel|Superman: Ultimate Flight|Volcano

Vagina Wreckage

Postby Barge84 » Fri Jan 24, 2014 12:53 pm

I'll be there for opening weekend of F&W! Can't wait!

Postby SuperShawn » Thu Jan 30, 2014 7:15 pm

The Caribbean sounds like a good addition to me! Looking forward to trying it, and will mostly just be happy if the magical frozen Dirty Shirley machine makes a come back.

Postby Philrad71 » Fri Jan 31, 2014 4:27 pm

So, I guess we can look forward to jerk chicken, fried plantains, and maybe some fruity rum drinks this summer.
drooling_homer1171825378.gif
Must....make....food & wine!

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!