Busch Gardens Williamsburg (BGW BGE) Discussion Thread

P. 1066: Finnegan's Flyer POV video
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 8 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Re: Busch Gardens Williamsburg (BGW BGE) Discussion Thread

Postby cfc » Sun Apr 29, 2012 6:44 pm

Speaking of Verbolten, I wandered over to the park earlier this evening to check out the progress the park has made since, well, the last update. Unfortunately, there was no testing going on while I was there, but a number of guests mentioned seeing it cycle earlier in the day. They've added some more little details to the station, bridge, and the wrecked Porsche.

Let's have a look.
01.jpg
" . . . except when Chuck is here."
02.jpg
Noted!
03.jpg
So, how about the queue?
04.jpg
The queue now has rails. I wonder if the ride crew has started practicing the "Please do not sit on the rails" announcement?
05.jpg
Will Gunter be glaring at us from this monitor inbetween promos for Quick Queue, Celtic Fyre, etc.?
06.jpg
The water-filled dummies are probably exhausted from testing all day.
07.jpg
But the blue train looks rarin' to go again.
07a.jpg
Don't be shy, little yellow train.
08.jpg
A creepy monk peers from "Gunter's Creepy Office."
09.jpg
This, however, does not seem particularly creepy--well, maybe except for the floating fish.
10.jpg
German members, please feel free to translate. Your English is much better than my German.
11.jpg
Knick-Knacks collected from missing tourists, perhaps?
11a.jpg
One last look at the detailing in the station.
12.jpg
Hmm--they added a little yellow warning light to the sign out front. Nice touch.
13.jpg
Beemer Boy, you might want to turn away now.
13a.jpg
Yes, the poor Porsche has become . . .
14.jpg
. . . even more overgrown.
15.jpg
Look--the creepy vines have sprouted another me!
16.jpg
Hmm--all the pictures I've taken of this bridge, and I never noticed the broken railing on the side before.
18.jpg
My homeowners association would not approve of this at all.
19.jpg
There's some new Verbolten merchandise, too. The black shirts are kind of nice.
20.jpg
But I'm really not sure what to make of this.
21.jpg
I call this "Reflections of Verbolten." That's all for now.

I own the website www.donkey.com

Postby Schotcher » Sun Apr 29, 2012 6:54 pm

Why did they paint vines on the bridge roof? It looks really cheesy. :lmao: On a serious note, I could see some floater air on the bridge drop, but only in the back.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby ernierocker » Sun Apr 29, 2012 7:26 pm

Thanks for the update, Chuck!

I didn't realize that Mach Tower was so close to Verbolten! I guess I just never paid attention to where its exact location was in the park.

What's with the donkeys anyway?

Postby Pun_Machine » Sun Apr 29, 2012 7:32 pm

Schotcher wrote:Why did they paint vines on the bridge roof? It looks really cheesy. :lmao: On a serious note, I could see some floater air on the bridge drop, but only in the back.

I don't think those are vines. Looks more to me like a patina, oR perhaps moss or mold... What you might expect to see on an old wooden bridge. I'm more upset that they didn't disguise the steel beams more, but that won't affect my enjoyment of the ride.

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Sun Apr 29, 2012 7:56 pm

^I hadn't noticed the painted details on the bridge, but I think you're right about it being a "patina" or moss or mold--not "actual" vines.

I own the website www.donkey.com

Postby Schotcher » Sun Apr 29, 2012 8:24 pm

What made me think that they were painted was that if you look at the roof, the green suddenly stops after the second set of roof overhangs. But maybe it's just my eyes playing tricks on me.

I will provide you with maximum pleasure.

Postby DBru » Sun Apr 29, 2012 9:20 pm

I just think it's interesting how so much effort was put into the bridge's roof but no other part of it. Considering this is the most visible (and will be the most photographed) portion of the ride from the rest of the park, I'm very surprised they left it looking so...well, bad.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Tmcdllr » Sun Apr 29, 2012 9:42 pm

While on the ride will you be looking at the bridge as you go through it or at the supports under it? Also its a bridge, bridges have supports that you can easily see, so that's not unusual. What were they supposed to do, cover the supports with trees or something? And if the bridge supports are an issue then you might as well say the ugly track and supports that can easily be seen everywhere is also bad. At least the supports for the bridge look like supports.....for a bridge.

Nuthin' better than a naked donkey!

Postby Intimidator305 » Mon Apr 30, 2012 5:03 am

Let's stop worrying about the bridge and focus our attention on the magical floating tunnel... :lol:

Full Fledged Donkey Enthusiast!

Postby VACoasterdude » Mon Apr 30, 2012 5:52 am

Thanks for the update, Chuck. As always, great pictures!

Does anyone have a guesstimate on how long the lines will be for Verbolten on opening weekend and Memorial Day weekend? I am trying to decide if I should take a day off of work and hit the park on a weekday in late May or early June hoping for shorter lines on Verbolten.

Regards,

RIP...

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!