Busch Gardens Williamsburg (BGW BGE) Discussion Thread

P. 1066: Finnegan's Flyer POV video
Users viewing this topic: Majestic-12 [Bot] and 5 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Re: Busch Gardens Williamsburg (BGW BGE) Discussion Thread

Postby cfc » Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:37 am

I'm not a "park show" person, but that is the best one at BGW--plus, you can have a Guuiness while you watch it. If you're of age, of course. ;)
Last edited by cfc on Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:37 am.

Young and Stupid! I blame my parents.

Postby SoCalCoasters » Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:57 am

cfc wrote:^Celtic Fyre is still one of the park's shows. It's in the Abbeystone Theatre. The show revolves around a wedding reception in an Irish pub.

Awesome. I look forward to seeing it. Wish the performance side of the sport would show up at more parks, as it's awe-inspiring to watch a well choreographed performance.

DougMJr wrote:^^ I'd recommend it. My friend William worked on that show last season and he scored us seats at one of the tables in the front. Best seats in the house, feels like you are about to get kicked in the face!.

Haha, I know that feeling, but from the other perspective. There's been a few shows I've done where it feels like you're going to accidentally kick someone in the audience, even on an elevated stage.
TPR's Biggest Legoland Nerd, and proud!

I love donkeys more than me.

Postby DougMJr » Wed Mar 13, 2013 12:10 pm

^To clarify, the tables are connected to the stage and the dancers dance on the tables. If you sit there you have to promise not to put your hands on the table so your fingers do not get stepped on.

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Wed Mar 13, 2013 6:51 pm

OK, here's your chance to vote for the lucky winner of Busch Gardens' Landscaping Giveaway contest.

FINALISTS ANNOUNCED FOR BUSCH GARDENS’ LANDSCAPING GIVEAWAY

Facebook Fans to Select the Winner

WILLIAMSBURG (March 13, 2013) – In early March, Busch Gardens announced the first ever Busch Gardens’ Landscaping Giveaway. Entries poured in from all over the Mid-Atlantic region. After reviewing hundreds of submissions for the giveaway, Busch Gardens narrowed the submissions down to 20 finalists. Now, Busch Gardens needs the public’s help to select the winner.

Today through Saturday at noon, Facebook fans can visit the Busch Gardens’ Facebook page at facebook.com/buschgardens to vote for a finalist. The winner will be notified on March 18.

Finalists are competing for the opportunity to win a landscaped yard from the Busch Gardens’ horticultural experts responsible for the beautiful Busch Gardens grounds. For 22 consecutive years Busch Gardens has won the “Most Beautiful Park” award from the National Amusement Park Historical Association.

A complete list of finalists and their hometowns is available here: http://www.facebook.com/BuschGardens/app_418823594866848

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby The49er » Sat Mar 16, 2013 2:35 pm

Hello again!

This summer, I'm taking a trip here to BGW and Water Country. I know that the coasters and Vanish Point are awesome, but what flats and other slides would you recommend? DarKastle looks like it would be fun, and I heard Europe in the Air was meh.

EDIT: Also, what are some magic seats/rows? (ex. Back of Apollo's Chariot)
Last Park: CP / Last Credit: Blue Streak lol / Credit Count: 70
Top 5 Wood: SCBB Giant Dipper, Gold Striker, GhostRider pre-refurb, Blue Streak, CGA Grizzly
Top 5 Steel: Steel Vengeance, Twisted Colossus, X2, Millennium Force, Tatsu

Next Park: ?
Next Credit: ?

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby netdvn » Sun Mar 17, 2013 6:59 am

Mach Tower and DarKastle are the only two significant flats that you should hit. Everything else is your typical garden variety flat ride you can find just about anywhere else.

As for rows
- Apollo is most definitely a back row or close to back row ride
- Alpengeist = front or second row
- Loch Ness = second to back for more legroom and a slightly better ride
- Griffon = front if you wanna hang over the drop, back if you want better ejector air over both drops
- Verbolten = front for a good view, back for a more intense ride. There are effects you can see in the front that can't be seen in the back and vice versa (front does have bigger effects though)
Artwork - Facebook - Flickr - DeviantART - Instagram -Geauga Lake Reborn! M&M's World - Don't look back as you brave the Black Forest BGW/KD Crowd Calendar

Obsessive Overlord of the TPR Park Index

Postby larrygator » Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:30 am

^^Try all the modes of transportation (trains and cable cars) as they are relaxing and can save you some wear and tear on your feet.

I'd put DaVinci's Cradle in the can't miss flat category and don't miss Escape fropm Pompeii as it is a signature ride at BGW.
As usual, my analysis is free of charge!
Original enough to not steal someone else's quote as a signature

I've gone pantless!

Postby cfc » Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:48 am

I like Da Vinci's Cradle, as well--and I'm not into flat rides.

Yummy! I just ate donkey!

Postby Whodey » Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:13 am

What ride is best to hit early before the crowds hit? I saw in the park guide the plan of attack but it looks old since Verbolten is not included.

I've gone pantless!

Postby cfc » Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:31 am

^I'd head for either Apollo's Chariot or Verbolten first, as it's the newest ride (but even with a full queue the wait is usually 40 minutes or less, thanks to five-train operations). Then you can work your way around to the other major attractions based on the park's staggered opening schedule, which they print on the park maps (be sure to check that first).

I'm planning to update the park guide, too.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!