Walt Disney World Magic Kingdom Discussion Thread

P. 322 - Report from Magic Kingdom "After Hours" event!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: Walt Disney World Magic Kingdom Discussion Thread

Postby Hilltopper39 » Fri Feb 16, 2018 6:24 am

Great pictures, I've always loved shots like this in the early evening where it is still light out but the area show lighting is on, really cool perspective.

Postby coasterbill » Fri Feb 16, 2018 7:27 am

Great photos.

Splash Mountain is a masterpiece of an attraction. I know I'm always big on flumes, but the dark ride element alone makes this one of the best rides on Disney property.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby Escape Productions » Fri Feb 16, 2018 8:36 am

coasterbill wrote:Great photos.

Splash Mountain is a masterpiece of an attraction. I know I'm always big on flumes, but the dark ride element alone makes this one of the best rides on Disney property.

I know !!! My dad took me on this ride when I was a kid and I have loved it since. It’s amazing how nice they keep it. I have more from other rides I’m editing up now, but non really have that color pop like this ride. I need to go back and do the same things in the day

Counts I305 as 32 credits...

Postby A.J. » Mon Feb 19, 2018 6:27 am

Took my first stint with my annual pass yesterday, and things were packed. Space Mountain and Seven Dwarfs Mine Train were often seen with queues as long as 165 minutes. But crowds were manageable.

Very interesting contrast, having gone to Disneyland literally just a week prior. Same horrible wait times but you actually have room to breathe.
Data entry nut for the official TPR coaster poll! https://coasterpoll.com/
Check out my theme park 3D visualization portfolio!
The opinions that I post on this forum do not necessarily represent those of the company I work for.

Site Admin

Postby SharkTums » Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:23 am

^Holiday weekend plus perfect temps = PACKED!

Counts I305 as 32 credits...

Postby A.J. » Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:32 am

Yeah, I expected that coming in but I just HAD to get my Space Mountain ride in as soon as I got here from California. :p
Data entry nut for the official TPR coaster poll! https://coasterpoll.com/
Check out my theme park 3D visualization portfolio!
The opinions that I post on this forum do not necessarily represent those of the company I work for.

Postby Canobie Coaster » Mon Feb 19, 2018 11:01 am

A.J. wrote:Took my first stint with my annual pass yesterday, and things were packed. Space Mountain and Seven Dwarfs Mine Train were often seen with queues as long as 165 minutes. But crowds were manageable.

Very interesting contrast, having gone to Disneyland literally just a week prior. Same horrible wait times but you actually have room to breathe.

I agree 100% being able to breathe. Trying to navigate Disneyland feels like the 7th circle of hell, particularly the time I went Memorial Day weekend. Having said that, I do find that the max wait times in California tend to be less than what you find at Disney World. The worst wait I've seen there is Radiator Springs Racers at 90 minutes.

It may also take that long to navigate the park if a parade is going on though. :lmao:
Top 5 Wood- Lightning Rod, Phoenix, Boulder Dash, Wildfire, Outlaw Run
Top 5 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Twisted Colossus, Expedition GeForce, Iron Rattler, Fury 325
Most Recent Trip Reports- Disneyland & Scandia

Open Up Happiness

Postby jedimaster1227 » Sat Mar 24, 2018 9:07 am

The new Pirates of the Caribbean auction scene has officially debuted!

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2018/03/pirates-of-the-caribbean-at-walt-disney-world-resort-reopens-march-19-with-new-auction-scene/

bnhsgetr.jpg

When Pirates of the Caribbean reopens at Magic Kingdom Park March 19, guests will be introduced to the new version of the attraction’s auction scene we first announced last summer.

Just as Walt Disney embraced and encouraged Disney Parks to “keep moving forward” since the opening of Disneyland Park in 1955, Walt Disney Imagineering has introduced many new characters at Pirates of the Caribbean attraction over the years.

The pirate auctioneer now oversees a sale of the townspeople’s most prized possessions and goods. In this scene, the familiar redhead figure has switched sides to become a pirate named Redd, who’s just pillaged the town’s rum supply and has something to say about it.

As we previously shared, the auction scene in the attraction at Disneyland Paris received a similar revision last year. Disneyland park will also receive similar updates to its Pirates of the Caribbean attraction later this spring, with work beginning April 23.
Last edited by jedimaster1227 on Sat Mar 24, 2018 9:08 am.
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby WillyMammoth24 » Sat Mar 24, 2018 7:58 pm

The new animatronic for the redhead is fantastic! Her voice sounds very familiar by the way.

Jar-Jar Binks smells like Donkey

Postby CaptainUnknown » Sat Mar 24, 2018 8:14 pm

^Agreed. I think it sounds like Grey DeLisle.
Sweet Screams are Made of This. Who Am I To Disagree?

Parks: 22
Credits: 117 (23 wood/94 steel)
Top Wood: Outlaw Run
Top Steel: Millennium Force

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!