Linnanmäki Discussion Thread

P. 24: "Taiga" Intamin launch coaster announced for 2019!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: Linnanmäki Discussion Thread

Postby JordyC » Fri Mar 16, 2018 8:47 am

It actually looks a lot like the Top Hat on Gold Rush. So maybe a Gerstlauer Infinity Coaster?
Quality Over Quantity

1. Hyperion - Energylandia 2. Wildfire - Kolmården 3. Taiga - Linnanmäki 4. Untamed - Walibi Holland 5. Shambhala - PortAventura 6. Schwur des Kärnan - Hansa Park 7. Taron - Phantasialand 8. Helix - Liseberg 9. Expedition GeForce - Holiday Park 10. iSpeed - Mirabilandia

Coasters: 291 || Parks: 55

Parc Astérix || Slagharen || Plopsa Coevorden || Waarbeek || Liseberg || Kolmården || Gröna Lund || Energylandia || Legendia || Toverland || Alton Towers || South Pier || Blackpool Pleasure Beach

Nothing beats Cali coasters

Postby chickenbowl » Fri Mar 16, 2018 9:13 am

The track crosstie pattern perfectly matches pre-Taron Intamin triangle lattice track. Not Gerstlauer.

Chasing Airtime
Steel Vengeance|Intimidator 305|Maverick|Hakugei|Skyrush
Lightning Rod|T Express|Outlaw Run|El Toro|Phoenix

A zonkey is a cross between a zebra and a donkey.

Postby Rill'o'beily » Fri Mar 16, 2018 10:29 am

JordyC wrote:So maybe a Gerstlauer Infinity Coaster?

I doubt it but mainly because the track is pretty narrow for a Gerst. (Assuming the rendition is to be trusted)

Gerstlauer track is significantly wider than Intamin or Mack track. The support style does remind me a lot of Mack's support style but if it were up to me I would certainly rather have an Intamin

Postby JordyC » Fri Mar 16, 2018 11:07 am

I agree that it is definitely not Gerstlauer track in that teaser, but teasers are not always 100% correct. I was just pointing out that the top hat reminded me a lot of Gold Rush's first element.

RCDB states that the coaster will be 52 meters tall and will feature an LSM launch. Currently, there are no Mack launch coasters that are this tall - the tallest one being Helix at 41 meters. The tallest Gerstlauer Infinity that features an LSM launch is Junker at 40 meters. But there are multiple Intamin coasters with an LSM launch that go over 52 meters. So if we are looking at all this together with the matching track pattern, an Intamin will be the most likely. (I am not saying Mack or Gerstlauer can't build launch coasters over 52 meters, I am just pointing out that it is not been done yet.) But again, teasers aren't always the most reliable sources.
Quality Over Quantity

1. Hyperion - Energylandia 2. Wildfire - Kolmården 3. Taiga - Linnanmäki 4. Untamed - Walibi Holland 5. Shambhala - PortAventura 6. Schwur des Kärnan - Hansa Park 7. Taron - Phantasialand 8. Helix - Liseberg 9. Expedition GeForce - Holiday Park 10. iSpeed - Mirabilandia

Coasters: 291 || Parks: 55

Parc Astérix || Slagharen || Plopsa Coevorden || Waarbeek || Liseberg || Kolmården || Gröna Lund || Energylandia || Legendia || Toverland || Alton Towers || South Pier || Blackpool Pleasure Beach

Beware of the freeze-dried donkey!

Postby Gutterflower » Fri Mar 16, 2018 1:52 pm

First Drop Magazine lists the ride as an Intamin. FD isnt always 100% accurate but they are pretty good.
20180316_200242.jpg

If it is it crosses one of the ton of Intamin LSM's on their reference list from January :)

I Love Donkeys!

Postby D-86 » Fri Mar 16, 2018 2:02 pm

Thank you for all the replies and support for this! :airtimer: :br

I'm thinking Intamin as most sure manufacturer for this ride. Height will be 52 meters and "rapid-launch will achieve the 106km/h speed" I'll put my two cents for dual sequenced launch more likely than one launch. Or has Intamin made short and rapid launch coaster with LSM yet? Of course there is a chance that the train will achieve some 50-75km/h speed by its own gravity and then launch with LSM in the side of the hill side area.. Vonkaputous water coasters remains are so unnoteable at this time so my mind is on far away future already. Of course the bithciest part of this project is the footers of the Vonkaputous ! They dig them deep in the 2000-season and the work for clearing them out from the soil is a hard and long work.

A zonkey is a cross between a zebra and a donkey.

Postby Rill'o'beily » Fri Mar 16, 2018 2:11 pm

This whole thing is so exciting. A relatively big (for linnanmäki) plot for Intamin (most likely) to play with to make Finland's tallest and fastest roller coaster to add to Finland's big 4 coasters (Tornado, Junker, Thunderbird, Vuoristorata, of which I can't get to 2 because Powerpark is too far to go to without staying overnight and I can't afford 150€ a night just to sleep)

And I mean come on if it is Intamin it has a high likelyhood of becoming a coaster to be talked of even abroad! I can't wait!

I'm just hoping they add some theming to the ride like they did with Salama in 2008 with the scenery pieces along the ride + slightly themed queue/station. As long as the theming is better than in their last coaster addition Ukko.

I Love Donkeys!

Postby D-86 » Fri Mar 16, 2018 2:21 pm

Rill'o'beily wrote:
I'm just hoping they add some theming to the ride like they did with Salama in 2008 with the scenery pieces along the ride + slightly themed queue/station. As long as the theming is better than in their last coaster addition Ukko.

Theme with Ukko? Whrere do you see it? :wtf: Joke!

But yeah. This scale of coaster and advertising at this point needs a well themeted station and surroundings.. With Kyöpelivuoren hotelli (dark ride with really good input to theme) in the neighborhood it would be a total kill to have a coaster with none of theme included. I'm hoping that next teaser will come shortly.

Postby cal1br3tto » Fri Mar 16, 2018 3:41 pm

I still hope the teasers are a strong hint as to the actual theming--both the hawk and the colors.

This is shaping up to be truly exciting!
114 wood+512 steel=626 | Steel Vengeance | Boulder Dash | Twisted Timbers | Coaster | X2 | Twisted Colossus | Storm Chaser | Phoenix | Maverick | Twisted Cyclone | Iron Rattler | Voyage | Kawasemi | El Toro | New Texas Giant

I Love Donkeys!

Postby D-86 » Fri Mar 16, 2018 3:52 pm

Colors of the coaster will be blueish and grey. Don't know the roles of the colors still (Will the blueish be the track and grey for the supports). All this small information is being published as in the building application and permit forms

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!