Linnanmäki Discussion Thread

P. 24: "Taiga" Intamin launch coaster announced for 2019!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 0 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I don't always seduce Donkeys, but when I do I use classy Champagne!

Re: Linnanmäki Discussion Thread

Postby _koppen » Sat Apr 01, 2017 4:44 am

Skärmavbild 2017-04-01 kl. 13.41.43.png

But if they really wanted the Sky Fly it could fit. Only the loading side needs a footprint. A Sky Roller can also be built with a loading platform similar to some of the Star Flyers.

Only brainstorming here... :)
No. 1 Water Park guy!
The Megalite is *the* roller coaster of the world! (after finally riding Expedition Geforce I'll admit it was pretty awesome as well!)

A zonkey is a cross between a zebra and a donkey.

Postby Rill'o'beily » Sat Apr 01, 2017 5:11 am

I get that the point of the rides is to make it as tame or thrilling as you want, but when they state that it will be a fast wild ride guaranteed I do have my doubts about it being something that can be controlled.

But I think the park knows that the crowds would not be happy if they got one of these to replace the crowd favourite that is Kieppi.

What would donkeys be like on the moon?

Postby TheoB » Sat Apr 01, 2017 8:03 am

Rill'o'beily wrote:https://www.instagram.com/p/BKaLwIfAuT8/

Translated to english:

-"All good things come to an end, so does Kieppi's career in Linnanmäki. Come enjoy the last kieppi's (kieppi is an untranslatable word for a flip) during september-october."

So apparently Linnanmäki is getting rid of their HUSS Booster, which is odd because:
A: It's only 13 years old
B: It's extremely reliable and has barely any downtime
C: It's extremely popular

bit late on this one but 13 years old is not long for a stationary ride but since it was designed to travel, where it would operate for like a 1/10 of the amount of times it does at a park because of travelling and waiting between rides surely its just become very worn out. Samurai at Thorpe Park has had issues due to this along with Ripsaw which is now gone.
Helix|Balder|Wildfire|Nemesis|Furius Baco

Postby Rill'o'beily » Sat Apr 01, 2017 10:05 am

TheoB wrote:bit late on this one but 13 years old is not long for a stationary ride but since it was designed to travel, where it would operate for like a 1/10 of the amount of times it does at a park because of travelling and waiting between rides surely its just become very worn out. Samurai at Thorpe Park has had issues due to this along with Ripsaw which is now gone.

Linnanmäki's booster afaik wasn't actually designed to travel, it was dug into a pit with a different setup than the travelling boosters and is now being retrofitted for travel.

Postby Rill'o'beily » Sun Apr 09, 2017 5:31 am

According to the building permits to the Helsinki city council, Linnanmäki's ride is a technical park heavy rotation

(the rides most insane point starts at 2:15)

Definitely a complete surprise, these have only been sold to travelling showmen (although the park does make a park version) and it's absolutely insane, unexpected, not trending, the last one probably was bought in 2004 or something...

It's like they pulled the same trick as canada's wonderland

MUST BUY RMC MERCHANDISE!!!!

Postby gerstlaueringvar » Mon Apr 10, 2017 12:26 am

Why though? Why invent evil machines like this?

Counts I305 as 32 credits...

Postby A.J. » Mon Apr 10, 2017 8:23 am

Yikes, it does the high-speed bit twice? I thought that only happened in kids' cartoons.

EDIT: Is Playland's new spin-and-spew the same sort of ride as that one? Tropical Storm, right?
Data entry nut for the official TPR coaster poll! https://coasterpoll.com/
Check out my theme park 3D visualization portfolio!
The opinions that I post on this forum do not necessarily represent those of the company I work for.

“Fear can make a donkey attack a lion”

Postby LeoBruz199 » Mon Apr 10, 2017 8:26 am

I want that in my backyard. :airtime: :airtime:
Oh well, I guess I won't be riding any coasters any time soon... Within the next 10 minutes anyways. :airtime: :airtimer:

Best: Katun & iSpeed - Mirabilandia, Formula Rossa - Ferrari World, Oblivion - The Black Hole - Gardaland, Stealth - Thorpe Park

Postby Rill'o'beily » Mon Apr 10, 2017 10:39 am

A.J. wrote:EDIT: Is Playland's new spin-and-spew the same sort of ride as that one? Tropical Storm, right?

Yes it is, so turns out another one was actually bought semi-recently (though still this is unexpected)

Postby Rill'o'beily » Sun Apr 23, 2017 11:14 am

The ride has begun testing and will be opened to the public on the 28th when the park opens at 16:00.
A select group of raffle winners were chosen to test ride the new ride an hour before the park opens, of which there will be footage of.

Luckily the ride isn't running on a "park" program and has gone full speed!
The rotating arm is black and white, the seats are red and the spinning platform is black with yellow dots. Here's hoping it'll play music.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!