PortAventura Discussion Thread

P. 329 - New Hotel announced and a Sesame Street dark ride
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Re: PortAventura Discussion Thread

Postby nightforce » Thu Jun 07, 2012 2:22 am

Beware of the Magic Donkey at Lotte World!

Postby Trevor » Thu Jun 07, 2012 3:21 am

Shambhala will remain closed until this saturday. They're fixing the lift problems.

Official Twister Twin Supplier

Postby dubbis » Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:43 pm

Trevor wrote:

Shambhala will remain closed until this saturday. They're fixing the lift problems.

What's the scope of this problem? Can we expect it to be fixed by this weekend or is it more complicated than that? I'm actually surprised to hear about technical problems of this kind with a brand new B&M. I pray to god the ride is up and running by the 18th of june when i pay a visit.

I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!

Postby Big-M » Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:45 pm

Seems the Intamin cable doesn't like B&M building coasters over 230 ft tall. :devil:
Favorite Woodie: Boulder Dash!
Favorite Steelie: Kawasemi!

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby hawkeye » Fri Jun 08, 2012 11:58 am

I will be there from sunday for a week so i really hope shambhala will be up and running

the ghost seems to think there is a "Donkey Fairy"

Postby oriolat » Fri Jun 08, 2012 4:07 pm

Here there are some photos showing Shambhala at night with lift hill lights on (if you closely there's a crane working as of now, 1am). I must say the lighting package is very powerful!

Source: Harman from PAFans.com

I love donkeys more than me.

Postby simaticable » Fri Jun 08, 2012 4:29 pm

The way that Shambhala towers over Dragon Kahn reminds me of how Goliath towers over Georgia Scorcher.

Anyways, that lighting looks absolutely beautiful on that coaster.
Schwarzkopf was a genius; anything less makes you a moron. ;)

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby Shambhala » Sat Jun 09, 2012 4:41 am

Hi

I was at PA from 29th to 31st of May. First of all, Shambhala has to be the best coaster I have ever been on! For me & my wife, it was much more thrilling than Dragon Khan.
I rode the Shambhala 5 times throughout my stay and it was amazing all the buzz and excitement surrounding each ride. The end of every ride was followed by applause by all the riders! Airtime was great and I would suggest not to let the lap support get pushed too securly to your body, that way you will lift out your seat on all the airtime hills and literally feel like you are flying! I never got to sit at the front but I was at the very back twice and my god do you get sucked over the top of the lift hill!

PA is such an awesome resort, we were gobsmacked by the great quality of the room at the Hotel PortAventura and the water park was also a great surprise!

One comment I have to make is about the god awful Furius Baco. I rode it once, and no more since it rattled my body to pieces in no way I have ever felt before. I'm talking a roughness that FAR bypasses anything you can feel on Stampida. Please someone reassure me that it is not normally that rough because I truly hated it and wished it would finish. It was far too rough to enjoy. However, shortly afterwards it shut for technical reason for the last 2 days I was there so I am hoping the extreme roughness was part of the fault.
I've experienced more rollercoasters on YouTube than I have in reality!

Yummy! I just ate donkey!

Postby Nozzy » Sat Jun 09, 2012 5:35 am

^Glad to hear you had such a good time, the resorts are really nice and sounds like Shambhala is a blast.

Unfortunately I can't quite tell you that you're wrong about Baco. My first ride in a front row outside seat was one of the best coaster rides of my life, but each time I rode it after that (something around 5, I' do stupid things when there are no lines) just rattled me more and more. By my last ride I was just praying for the end like you. I think that there is some variability with weather (or perhaps the mechanical problem you mentioned) but overall yes- it is very vibrate-y.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Hhappy » Sat Jun 09, 2012 11:06 am

Word is that the lift hill chain has broken and is being replaced at this time..
I'm dutch.. not much i can do about that
My coasters/parks and other stuff photo's

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!