TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Your Closet Coaster

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^Gotta give mad props to Skull Mountain. Few people understand its awesomeness, but that's mainly because they don't sit in the back of the train. That first drop is pure heaven.

I also am quite fond of Gator McGee and his Runaway Mountain at SFOT. It may just be a windstorm indoors, but its loads of fun.

I have always had past early probs with stand-up coasters, not being very exciting "at the time"... until I went on

PGA's VORTEX

And loved how it quickly swooped in and around itself, which for one of my first stand-ups was at first ride ... and is still one of my first truly Guilty Coaster Pleasures and Treasures.

vortex4.jpg.79fcc54f5a67be3cc532a035ae3887f4.jpg

Photo thanks to RCDB and Joel and everybody in the top lefthand corner there! (o:

Since Arrow Loopers are getting so much "guilty love", I'll throw in mine: Carolina Cyclone at Carowinds. It ran amazing when I visited in 2003 and I'm looking forward to it this weekend. I also love Skyliner at Lakemont Park. The airtime in the backseat from the first drop is insane!

Son of Beast! I still just don't understand why everyone hates on this coaster so much! I've ridden it twice on two separate trips and think it's great. Not smooth by any means, but not *that* rough compared to some others I've ridden! And it's a looping woodie for Pete's sake...I really like it!

I also really liked Lost Coaster of Superstition Mountain. It's not one that's widely hated on like SoB, but I think it's odd how much I actually enjoyed it

And I also agree with everyone about Skyrider at PCW! Remarkably, it is quite rerideable, and one of the better coasters in the park!

-Julie

locosumo1.jpg.f7efe827a36164e11e410ad45ae5510a.jpg

The only "wood coaster meets dark ride" coaster I've ever heard of!

son-of-beast2.jpg.622b7bf4609410f47006cd6a4e14f45f.jpg

Looping woodie goodness

The Dahlonega Mine Train is a good ride, but only in the back seat because of the last drop. I think it's cool how the layout looks just like it was designed in RCT. The ride is smooth during some parts, but it has really funky transitions that make it rough.

http://rcdb.com/ig42.htm?picture=6

Each turn is very RCT-like, with the way that the track completely banks to a certain angle along straight track before going into the turn, and the turn stays banked at exactly the same angle until it reaches the straight leadout.

2 from Kings Island actually,

*King Cobra: Possibly my favorite coaster ever. I dont care if it's a TOGO death machine

*Vortex: Suprisingly the coaster "born" in the same year as I. That makes my bond with it even greater, not counting all of its lovely Arrow Airtime.

Italian Job! Few enthusiasts like these rides, but I absolutely love it! I think they are a blast. They aren't incredible fast or long, but if you get into the theming, it's a lot fun. Plus, the ride does some funky movements that not many coasters do.

Runaway Mountain at SFOT is another. This thing is crazy. With the exception of a couple of exit signs, the building is pitch black. The ride is glass smooth and the drop in the middle of the ride is absolutely insane. I just wish it was longer.