TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Dollywood Discussion Thread

p. 766 - HeartSong resort announced!

43 minutes ago, B Rip said:

Thanks!  I had no clue about Blazing Fury and didn't even ride it on my first trip to Dollywood 2 years ago.  Of course Blazing Fury isn't included on the TimeSaver Unlimited!  LOL. Just my luck.  Hopefully the line for that isn't too long

There are lots of rides that aren't in Timesaver, but the big one are generally included.

The bottom half of this page shows what Timersaver can be used with (rides and shows)

https://www.dollywood.com/themepark/Guest-Services/TimeSaver-Pass

• Replies 19.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Did I call this or what? Anyway, I did better side-by-side comparison for you.

Luckily any day now Lightning Rod is probably due to launch a wheel into a mountain or spontaneously combust or something so we can stop talking about covid...

^Lets be real...if you really wanna follow those guidelines you wouldn’t even be going to amusement parks. 

Posted Images

8 hours ago, SSL said:

To be fair, Blazing Fury doesn't really ever have that long of lines anyways unless it's raining or something.

Interesting. I used to be, they must’ve dropped it when they added dragon flyer. 

On 6/7/2021 at 12:48 AM, middle_keeny said:

Got some Intel from the Dippin' Dots lady today... I think she got a little excited and spilled the beans. 

She pointed at Dragon Flyer and said it will be a bigger version of that in the new expansion area. It will easily be 1000' longer than Wild Eagle . So that would make it at least 4150 ish feet long making it the longest invert coaster. The interesting thing is that it will not have any inversions  but will be a terrain based inverted coaster. My prediction is it will be built by Vekoma.

Im hoping this is a satire of how enthusiasts are, in which case brilliant stuff! Otherwise...a length breaking inverted coaster w no inversions? You think Vekoma? So the park will have two Vekoma inverts? 
Sure, and I heard that the record breaking gerstlauer is going to Lakemont Park, will be 2 miles long and 15 inversions

59 minutes ago, JJLehto said:

Otherwise...a length breaking inverted coaster w no inversions? 

A long terrain following inverted coaster sounds like fun with the right terrain, no inversions required.

Having been in a helicopter sitting in the doorway at 60kts and 100ft AGL following rivers and through mountain terrain, replicating that sort of experience with an inverted coaster really sounds good.

Dollywood cannot keep the park staffed. In addition to several restaurants being closed, now we can add rides to the list of closures due to staffing. It only takes 3 ride hosts to run this ride. Do you really think this is a staffing issue, or do you think Barnstormer will be removed or relocated? It's kind of tucked away and hard to see from Craftsman's Valley, as is Daredevil Falls. Maybe they are going to rework that area of the park. That could also be where the rumored giga coaster may be going.

barnstormer.jpg

I think it's staffing. Not the first ride I've seen closed with staffing given as the reason.

A few days ago someone mentioned Whistle Punk Chase being closed for staffing.
Just checked and the web site still show it closed.

3 hours ago, TEDodd said:

I think it's staffing. Not the first ride I've seen closed with staffing given as the reason.

A few days ago someone mentioned Whistle Punk Chase being closed for staffing.
Just checked and the web site still show it closed.

Don't you find that odd that a ride that can operate with 2 or 3 ride hosts gets closed down? I always thought that ride was in a crappy location. I think rides like that do better in the open where people can see them. If you don't know that ride is there and miss the sign, it is easy to pass up. School is out here, so they should not have an issue finding ride hosts. They may have to up their pay some like other parks have done though. I rode Barnstormer last week, so I was surprised to see it closed.

1 hour ago, u4icmusic said:

Don't you find that odd that a ride that can operate with 2 or 3 ride hosts gets closed down?

No. That's 2 or 3 people from each ride to help with rides than need a lot more people to operate and speed up operations for those rides with long lines.

If closing Barnstormer and WPC speeds up popular rides like LR and WE, which do you think would be better for guest relations?

That said I wish all of Owens Farm was more visible. Not much there anymore other than the bathrooms. Even the mill does most business downstairs now (I remember when upstairs was the main shop).

10 hours ago, u4icmusic said:

Dollywood cannot keep the park staffed. In addition to several restaurants being closed, now we can add rides to the list of closures due to staffing. It only takes 3 ride hosts to run this ride. Do you really think this is a staffing issue, or do you think Barnstormer will be removed or relocated? It's kind of tucked away and hard to see from Craftsman's Valley, as is Daredevil Falls. Maybe they are going to rework that area of the park. That could also be where the rumored giga coaster may be going.

barnstormer.jpg

Excuse me, Rumored giga? I thought Dollywood had a height limit that they couldn't go past... where did you hear this rumor at?

On 6/7/2021 at 12:48 AM, middle_keeny said:

Got some Intel from the Dippin' Dots lady today... I think she got a little excited and spilled the beans. 

She pointed at Dragon Flyer and said it will be a bigger version of that in the new expansion area. It will easily be 1000' longer than Wild Eagle . So that would make it at least 4150 ish feet long making it the longest invert coaster. The interesting thing is that it will not have any inversions  but will be a terrain based inverted coaster. My prediction is it will be built by Vekoma.

Also, had a ride op tell me that Lightning Rod will finish getting Ibox this offseason. So everything but the brake run and station will be Ibox.

So, let me get this straight... A larger version of Dragonflier, in the expansion area, that's directly next to Dragonflier.

They have good master planners working for them, I don't think that's going to happen. Willing to eat my words though, a new terrain inverted coaster along the lines of Big Bad Wolf or Eagle Fortress would be killer, wherever it ended up.

• Like 1
20 hours ago, u4icmusic said:

barnstormer.jpg

I don't know why but I love these rides, I wasn't expecting much, and we only did it because the queue was short, but Skyhawk was one of the few flats I made time to get some re-rides on at Cedar Point.

1 hour ago, Garet said:

I don't know why but I love these rides, I wasn't expecting much, and we only did it because the queue was short, but Skyhawk was one of the few flats I made time to get some re-rides on at Cedar Point.

I just rode it last week and I also love the ride. It's way too short, but there's never much, if any, of a line for it. The location of the ride is awful. I always ride Barnstormer when I go. I also don't see ride operators shifted to other rides very often when I go. It seems they are trained on a ride and tend to stay working on that ride. I'm hoping they open up that area or make some changes to make it more user-friendly. The Mountain Slidewinder is still sitting there too, so that entire area could and should be reworked with a major facelift.

11 hours ago, tndank said:

People really think Dollywood might get a giga? That seems laughable to me. Would be cool, but I don't see that happening. 

Why not? Apparently they are getting a much bigger version of Dragonflier in the area next to Dragonflier XD

Besides part of the...fun (?) of being an enthusiast is baseless speculation of wild things than being disappointed when it doesn't happen! 

Yeah I love those Skyhawk rides, it is indeed one of the few flats I always make sure to hit. 

14 hours ago, ytterbiumanalyst said:

Nah, no height limit here. They can make the humps as big as they want.

Funny, but yes there are height restrictions. But they can usually get a waiver.
As I recall Drop Line required a waiver.

Mini TR - Had a great couple of days at the park yesterday and today with fairly light crowds. Everything was open, for the most part, even Barnstormer.  The only staffing closures I noticed were some food places and kids rides.  I'm convinced Dollywood really might be in a non-rain bubble. Over 70% chance of storms all day, both days, and it rained maybe once for 5 minutes, although those 5 minutes just happened to be an absolute monsoon while riding Thunderhead.  I've never even came off a water ride that soaked, but kudos to Dollywood for their rain operations. Lightning Rod ran great both days, never went down, and even ran 2 trains parts of both days.

I did have a bit of a weird experience on Wild Eagle. Almost at the top of the lift hill, and the train starts shaking violently, and I mean very violent.  Throwing us up and down. I'm normally one to be pretty confident in these rides' safety features, but that definitely freaked me out. The ride itself was fine, but they evacuated us on the brake run and shut down the ride for the rest of the day after that. A little later on they also closed some pathways for a bit to bring in a large crane. Not sure what's going on, but it didn't seem good. 

Still an awesome couple days at the park, and can't wait to see how they continue to make this great park even better. 

• Like 3