TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Dollywood Discussion Thread

P. 796 - Ride closing 10/30 to remove launch and install chain lift!

Everyone has their own opinions on what they like better.. my GF loves wild eagle a lot more than LR but she will ride LR with me over and over like I would wild eagle with her. She finds that LR hurts her to ride it where as Wild Eagle is much smoother

And personally my favorite is still Mystery Mine lol

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Since Rikki and I bought season passes this year to save money on our trip back in March, we decided to take another trip down in November while she has a break for the NJEA convention to experience their holiday event (and ride Lightning Rod). It's looking like we'll be there November 11th and 12th. I did some preliminary research on Dollywood's website as well as through past fall seasons on this forum, but does anyone have any advice on what I should look to accomplish in order to best experience this event?

Actually they have the Christmas lights going on then. Weekends get busy. Get there as soon as it opens. I have seen parking go to the splash Country lot on Saturdays. Having said that, a majority of the crowds will be there for the shows and the ride lines are bearable. If the weather gets below 40ish they close the rides.

Also, the 11th, is their Light the Way 5K.

Rode it toady about noon(ish) they were assigning seats. I think it was row 11, the second to last row that was blocked off.

On a side note, I have said this before but I'm saying it again. Make sure your pockets are empty before you ride this beast. When I rode it today, someone's cell phone fell out. Luckily it was toward the top of the wave turn and the phone flew away from the train. we told an operator and his first response was,"Did it hit anybody? cause last week somebody got hit in the face."

So today I got my room booked for DreamMore Resort next May!

And I thought I was always prepping too far in advance, lol! Good for you, Andrew!

You can never prepare too far in advance. That's how you get the good deals.

I'm really excited for it. With Silver Dollar City as my home park, I know it'll be a good time. Setting aside 3 days for it, and with the Time Saver passes too, there won't be any speedwalking necessary this time!

Rode it toady about noon(ish) they were assigning seats. I think it was row 11, the second to last row that was blocked off.

On a side note, I have said this before but I'm saying it again. Make sure your pockets are empty before you ride this beast. When I rode it today, someone's cell phone fell out. Luckily it was toward the top of the wave turn and the phone flew away from the train. we told an operator and his first response was,"Did it hit anybody? cause last week somebody got hit in the face."

When I was there a few weeks ago the ride ops where saying absolutely no loose articles, not even in your pockets, are allowed on the ride.. why don't people listen!!! They even made it clear that this ride was much different than most coasters and there was no safe place on your body for loose articles

Basically, since Dollywood has all the warnings, if your phone pops out and hurts someone YOU COULD be held responsible for the injury ha-ha so just keep that in mind

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

So today I got my room booked for DreamMore Resort next May!

And I thought I was always prepping too far in advance, lol! Good for you, Andrew!

Depending on when you want to go, you may need that far out.

I tried to get a room for Nov in June and nothing available the days I needed. And no, not Thanksgiving, and not a weekend.

Just got back home from an amazing day at the park, took my sister and used the bring up to 4 friend for$25 deal, park was dead all day pretty much.

Didn't take many pictures, but did manage to get this one of Lightning Rod this morning with the moon visible

Final Ride Count

Lightning Rod 6x

Thunderhead 4x

Wild Eagle 2x

Firechaser 1x

TN Tornado 2x

Mystery Mine 1x

Blazing Fury 2x

River Rampage 2x

Daredevil Falls 2x

IMG_0739.thumb.JPG.b49928e4a8de8613cb50e0695c3ee901.JPG

Lightning Rod with the barley visible moon

Final Ride Count

Lightning Rod 6x

Thunderhead 4x

Wild Eagle 2x

Firechaser 1x

TN Tornado 2x

Mystery Mine 1x

Blazing Fury 2x

River Rampage 2x

Daredevil Falls 2x

Everything about this makes me jealous!! Hope you enjoyed your day!!

We enjoyed it immensely. Honestly, the longest we waited was about 15 minutes for Smoky Mountains Rampage, and the only delay was because there was a group of special needs indivuals and their care takers riding, and it understandably took a few extra minutes to load them. I have to commend the ops and the people that were waiting in line, I didn't see anyone visibly upset that they were taking longer than a normal boat would to load, the world can be so cruel to people who are different, so it's nice to see that the human race still has respect for others.

I have to commend the ops and the people that were waiting in line, I didn't see anyone visibly upset that they were taking longer than a normal boat would to load, the world can be so cruel to people who are different, so it's nice to see that the human race still has respect for others.

I see lots of reports about how well handicap people and their party are treated at DW.

Makes me believe they do more/better than most.