TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Dollywood Discussion Thread

P. 796 - Ride closing 10/30 to remove launch and install chain lift!

I was just playing around with an estimated guess just by the amount of workers they had. Literally they were lined all the way up the thing, some on the catwalk and some fooling with the LSM. If I read the sign correctly (couldn't get a good look because I didn't want to stop directly under and a trolley was coming) the theming "road sign" said "CAUTION STEEP INCLINE AHEAD". Love these little small details. And yes like I just drove by and this one guy was literally watching me with every inch my truck made. 2nd time it's happened.

^^So let me figure this one out. Just by looking at 6 guys on the launch you are able to estimate an opening day?

Folks, there is no point in speculating. Just let the park and announce when they are ready whether it's in 2 weeks 2 months or 2 years.

Hey, they've got a point. I mean when I was at SDC on Thursday I totally saw a guy walking through the woods which means their new 500-foot B&M inverted dive machine will be ready to open on March 31st, 2017. He had a slide rule and everything.

I'm currently looking at hotels in Pigeon Forge for my visit to Dollywood next month, and I'm considering staying at the DreamMore Resort. I typically try to avoid reserving hotel rooms that cost more than $100-a-night, but this one might be worth it with the discounted admission and free TimeSaver Pass. Those of you that have stayed there before, would you recommend it?

I'm currently looking at hotels in Pigeon Forge for my visit to Dollywood next month, and I'm considering staying at the DreamMore Resort. I typically try to avoid reserving hotel rooms that cost more than $100-a-night, but this one might be worth it with the discounted admission and free TimeSaver Pass. Those of you that have stayed there before, would you recommend it?

We just booked a stay on May 20-22 because they were running a special, but everyone in my family that has been swears up and down that it is the best resort that they have stayed at. You can't beat the free Timsavers and free transportation either!

^^So let me figure this one out. Just by looking at 6 guys on the launch you are able to estimate an opening day?

Folks, there is no point in speculating. Just let the park and announce when they are ready whether it's in 2 weeks 2 months or 2 years.

Yeah, don't you just hate it when people speculate and, you know, discuss things in a discussion thread??

I dunno, maybe it's me, but I don't think it hurts anything if someone wants to speculate on a date. It's all in good fun, and people I'm sure are just excited to see some progress and activity. Everyone is just eager to see this awesome ride peel out!! Seems like some people are so chippy in this thread anymore....have fun and relax, folks!

We just booked a stay on May 20-22 because they were running a special, but everyone in my family that has been swears up and down that it is the best resort that they have stayed at. You can't beat the free Timsavers and free transportation either!

I'm looking into a stay for June. Hopefully LR is running! At a minimum of $239 a night, I would say transportation and Timesavers are included rather than "free".

I'm looking into a stay for June. Hopefully LR is running! At a minimum of $239 a night, I would say transportation and Timesavers are included rather than "free".

My wife and I are heading down over Memorial Day weekend, and we booked a stay at DreamMore...and we cannot wait!! The resort looks absolutely gorgeous, and though the price seems a bit steep at first glance, when you factor in the perks, it sounded like a great deal to us. We got a 2-day ticket for the price of 1, we get length of stay Timesaver devices, and we're saving on parking with the shuttle. Factoring that in and subtracting it from the rate, the real room cost is a little over 100 bucks. For a swanky looking resort, that's a big win!!!

Just noticed The Great American Summer festival has been removed from the website. At the beginning of the season they had a dog show coming and fireworks each night. Now its gone?????????? I was looking forward to the dog show.

image.thumb.png.8da6fb27cd2902f3170a937678c44ce3.png

Come on man. Looks from hell from guys on launch are worth 1/2 week each. So looks from hell from six guys = three weeks. Thus end of April/beginning of May seems about right.

In no way am I hinting that this has anything to do with lightning Rod or the people working on the lift that give people's dirty looks. I just noticed the Summer festival is off the official Dollywood website but still on Dolly Parton site.

Edited by Djwadeknox

In no way am I hinting that this has anything to do with lightning Rod or the people working on the lift that give people's dirty looks. I just noticed the Summer festival is off the official Dollywood website but still on Dolly Parton site.

Dude, are you kidding me? You just posted this one page ago. Afraid nobody will talk about it?

Dude, are you kidding me? You just posted this one page ago. Afraid nobody will talk about it?

No I was replying to everyone talking about what I posted be something about lightninng rod and it was sarcasm. Sorry I forgot it is lost on some on this board. Also I have now deleted the screenshots do to the fact it bothered you so much. Don't need to cause anyone any stress.