TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Dollywood Discussion Thread

P. 796 - Ride closing 10/30 to remove launch and install chain lift!

I am wondering how fluffy friendly RMC is? for comparison and the closest i could think of is I fit on Lightning Run.

From what I've noticed at SDC with Outlaw Run.... RMC isn't that fluffy friendly. I've seen a lot of people have to take the walk of shame when they didn't look all that fluffy. . . I think a lot of it depends on your build as well. Some people fit while appearing to be more fluffy than others who don't fit simply because of where their fluffyness is located. . . I hope that made sense.

That's definitely true, I used to see it all the time when I was a ride op. It's not all about how much mass a person has, it's about where they carry it.

With Wild Eagle (another coaster that people, both heavy and tall, had problems with) it depends on if you're over 6'1ish OR if your legs are a bit large. Those are the two factors that I've noticed. With Lightning Rod, I'm not sure if it's going to be the lower stomach or the legs that stop people because this will be the first RMC I've been on. By looking at this OR train, I can see that the restrains have a lapbar and a pad/bar that goes actually over your leg.

image.thumb.jpeg.6c5181f95af7ffa1e9431f25db034dac.jpeg

^ Height really isn't a factor with RMC's restraints. Really it's all about your gut. I'm a big guy (6'3", 240lbs), but I don't have a large beer gut. My problems arise from my giant thighs. B&M's clamshell restraints are my worst enemy because they don't come to my waist, they stop on my legs. There's at least two inches from the restraint to my waistline. The RMC restraints fit me perfectly fine, though,

See with me on Wild Eagle, the restraints squeeze my legs tightly if I don't wear comfortable shorts/pants and I was actually bruised on my shoulders over the summer due to the shoulder part. If RMC fits anything like Thunderhead I'll fit comfortable.

I was again taking a look on Instagram, and found a shot taken from a construction work from the launch. The LSM's are being installed!

image.thumb.jpeg.61ee80a101054fed8a7788ae45c18c8e.jpeg

^ The clamshell restraints aren't on the wingriders. I'm talking about the hyper restraints. Wingrider restraints don't bother me at all. In fact, and I know I'm in the minority, I find them to be pretty comfortable!

Leg/thigh wise they don't bother me, it's only the rubber part that puts so much pressure on my shoulders. I know it's been mentioned before, but if they could release the pressure of them at the last break run that would be great. I wonder how newly redesigned this train will be? I know there's a prototype headrest on Instagram. From designs, looks like it's going to be the best looking train RMC has developed.

The thing that really stands out with RMC to me is that they often intentionally play around with the heart line position, not overly concerned about having totally neutral transitions like B&M. That's evident in some of these elements like the 90 degree camelback.

Schilke your a genius.

The thing that really stands out with RMC to me is that they often intentionally play around with the heart line position, not overly concerned about having totally neutral transitions like B&M. That's evident in some of these elements like the 90 degree camelback.

Schilke your a genius.

That was a trick I used to do with NoLimits back when the FVD equations were just coming around.

The pullouts on those drops look very shallow. They're going to make Lightning Rod very re-rideable.

You're going to be going hyper coaster speeds at that point so it makes sense the pullouts would be large. That giant wave turn is going to be incredible, I'm picturing it's gonna be a huge "H*LL YEAH" moment.

I wish Dollywood would've taken the drone a bit more over towards the quad down. The structure is done for it so you can get a pretty good visual of it. Still, this coaster takes every nook of the terrain and uses it to its advantage. That seems to be a trend that Dollywood has going for them, and I really hope they keep it up. Out of all their coasters, I can tell already this one is going to be up there with Thunderhead. Will the two best coasters in the park be the two wooden coasters?

I wish Dollywood would've taken the drone a bit more over towards the quad down. The structure is done for it so you can get a pretty good visual of it. Still, this coaster takes every nook of the terrain and uses it to its advantage. That seems to be a trend that Dollywood has going for them, and I really hope they keep it up. Out of all their coasters, I can tell already this one is going to be up there with Thunderhead. Will the two best coasters in the park be the two wooden coasters?

Yes they will be, not a bad thing though. I hope they eventually work with TGG on a project to officially complete the cycle. A nice collection of wood coasters is something that can really define a special park's uniqueness from cookie cutter outlets like your standard Six Flags. And i'm pretty sure Dollywood has achieved higher revenue than most Six Flags parks even before LR was conceived. Thank God there are no (right twix, left twix garbage) on any rides at the park, and never will be! I love Dollywood, I think they have the coaster additions thing going in an advanced direction. What i think they could do better is add to the larger flat ride department of a theme park. Some off thier busy day crowd issues could be easily solved by adding some traditional tride and true flats in random areas of the park.