TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Dollywood Discussion Thread

P. 796 - Ride closing 10/30 to remove launch and install chain lift!

from the computer generated video, " digital fictional concepts and real life can bring together two very different visions ". i just truly believe there is more to this coaster then what we are seeing.

Yes, standard "concept vs reality" disclaimer of course (theme park concept art is kind of my thing). But, honestly, I don't. This seems like much more of a "traditional" coaster along the lines of Wild Eagle and Thunderhead as opposed to a "themed" coaster like Firechaser Express and Mystery Mine. I could definitely see some sound effects going there though.

from the computer generated video, " digital fictional concepts and real life can bring together two very different visions ". i just truly believe there is more to this coaster then what we are seeing.

Yes, standard "concept vs reality" disclaimer of course (theme park concept art is kind of my thing). But, honestly, I don't. This seems like much more of a "traditional" coaster along the lines of Wild Eagle and Thunderhead as opposed to a "themed" coaster like Firechaser Express and Mystery Mine. I could definitely see some sound effects going there though.

A nice sound of an engine revving and then the screech of tires would be nice going through the launch.

^ at first i was a bit disappointed that they chose lightning over shot, just because shot rod was just such smooth word play on hot rod, " perverts be damned ". but lightning rod is really growing on me, and after seeing the presentation, they could call it " big wood thing that goes around a mountain really fast " and i would be just as happy.

...they could call it " big wood thing that goes around a mountain really fast " and i would be just as happy.

Don't give Knight Valley any ideas...

I've been thinking about this coaster more and more... If this coaster has similar pacing to Outlaw Run (non-stop intensity until the very end) and is 1000' longer, this coaster could very well end up being not just the best wooden coaster in the U.S., but the best coaster in the world, wood or steel! No, seriously! The sequence of the twist and shout to step up to quadruple down to speed hill looks like the single best section of any coaster I've ever seen. That's 7-8 airtime hills consecutively, all while twisting up and down a perfectly terrained forest in the Smoky Mountains (like Boulder Dash on steroids)! And that drop?? You launch into an airtime hill that goes into another airtime hill that follows 165' down to the bottom of a ravine?! That's what I dream about on my "perfect coaster" that I ultimately cast off as too unrealistic, but not here... This is actually happening!! Seriously, 45 mph into a huge RMC drop sounds like it could contend for #1 best drop! There's not many coasters where you get a launch AND a great drop, but here you get both! And that huge wave turn? One of my favorite moments on Outlaw Run blown up into a full-scale element, Nice! And the non-inverting half loop ends with a substantial drop right into the brakes. It reminds me of Storm Runner where it's fast until the very end, but this time with a complete layout! This coaster looks like it combines my favorite aspects of Boulder Dash, Outlaw Run, Maverick, Voyage, and Wood Coaster at Knight Valley into one perfect coaster. Holy crap, I cannot WAIT fo try this thing!

I'll say this....everyone I have talked to that is close to the project is all smiles and excited about it. And pretty much every employee wants to work on it when it opens. My family has been in Pigeon Forge since before the opening of Rebel Railroad and I haven't seen this much excitement around an attraction opening yet in that park...I also haven't seen as much secrecy from employees either.

I'm not trying to overhype it...just relaying the excitement I've seen.

Looking back to this post in early July, I can now see why EVERYone I talked to on "the inside" about this grinned from ear-to-ear about it and what all the secrecy and hype was about. It was the most challenging (yet most fun) digging I've ever had to do on a secret project in the Smokies and I can't wait to finally ride it!

It was way back in 2006, but one of those attraction surveys that was once posted on Screamscape had the option of a Rock-and-Roll themed wooden coaster in Jukebox Junction. So it seems that at least back then they were considering a second wooden coaster. And having the price in the same range as Wild Eagle doesn't mean it'd need to be exactly the same price; it could be somewhat less.

This was posted way back when the 2016 talk first started happening. Turns out this person was mostly right the entire time!

First piece of Topper Track has arrived!

I am way more excited about this than I should be. This coaster looks simply amazing, and knowing how 1.) Well themed Outlaw Run is and 2.) What an amazing coaster Outlaw Run is, it makes me even more excited! We have been planning a Dollywood trip for so long, and thankfully we are doing a VIP Tour there next season! I CAN NOT WAIT!!!

Wow, by the time I go around September 26th track will be everywhere!

Definitely, they will waste no time getting it up to beat the winter season.

Looking forward to seeing it tomorrow. The kids have already requested (demanded) to ride the Rockin' Roadway first.

Yes that's the maintenance track down there. It will use an elevator transfer track system similar to Mystery Mine.

Now if only that section of track could be a "free fall drop" during normal operations!!

What... we can dream right?! I mean the video did say "stay tuned for more."

Ok I know I'm super late on commenting but I've been trying to keep up with this thread but JESUS TAKE THE WHEEL!!! I'm completely 1000% blown away by this layout. As if RMC didn't already steal my number one manufacturer spot and constantly outdo themselves, there they go again changing the game! Like I really couldn't breathe on announcement day. Is anyone else completely freaking out like me? Like I know how disappointing it is to overhype a new coaster but I don't see anyway this ride experience could be flawed. It's a damn shame I've yet to ride an RMC coaster :/

Love the coaster, hate the Dolly Parton.

*gently weeps*

I love her.

But this looks like a really exciting addition.. I haven't been to the park since I was in middle school (way before Wild Eagle), so I have a lot to catch up on.