TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Dollywood Discussion Thread

P. 796 - Ride closing 10/30 to remove launch and install chain lift!

I wonder if Dollywood will unveil the new train design at IAAPA in November?

I wouldn't be suprised if they did unveil the coaster trains at IAAPA. I can't wait to see the trains! No doubt in my mind that they will look amazing!!

it looks from what i've seen they are using brown topper track. i think it would have been creative to get it in black to resemble fresh pavement, and over time the fading could only get a bit grey. " just like a real road." i don't know, just sounds like it would work.

it looks from what i've seen they are using brown topper track. i think it would have been creative to get it in black to resemble fresh pavement, and over time the fading could only get a bit grey. " just like a real road." i don't know, just sounds like it would work.

I think that sounds really awesome! I just don't think it would look as good up against brown supports as what you're thinking. Then for it to look right they would have to paint all of the wooden supports and not only would that get expensive, it would look really weird.

I do like the idea of the black track, but I just don;t think it would look as good as what we are imagining.

Random fact of the day: Lightning Rod's LSM will be provided by Velocity Magnitics.

Source IOE, love these guys. Here's what they say about VM:

I had a chance to visit their facility and get an inside view of their engineering; it's MASSIVELY impressive to say the least. I think we can expect some extremely reliable, well-crafted components from VM. They're a company more enthusiasts need to know about, for sure! -Anne

Random fact of the day: Lightning Rod's LSM will be provided by Velocity Magnitics.

Source IOE, love these guys. Here's what they say about VM:

I had a chance to visit their facility and get an inside view of their engineering; it's MASSIVELY impressive to say the least. I think we can expect some extremely reliable, well-crafted components from VM. They're a company more enthusiasts need to know about, for sure! -Anne

I think they're the ones who did the magnetic pinch brake retrofit on Tennessee Tornado in 2007.

After riding Maverick last weekend, I am really excited to see this coaster utilize a faster LSM for a launch/lift. As soon as the launch/lift on Maverick starts you know you are in for an action packed ride and you get launched over a 95 degree drop. Seeing this applied to a wooden terrain coaster is gonna be amazing.

We probably won't see this, but a tunnel up the launch-hill would be kick @$$.

Uhm yea I doubt that haha the theme of this ride (even though we haven't seen the full backstory yet) is riding a hot rod through the foothills of the smokies. Plus zooming through the trees would be a great experience in its self.

that doesen't neccesarily cancel out a tunnel, cars go through tunnels....

But yeah, were not gonna see it.