TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Dollywood Discussion Thread

P. 796 - Ride closing 10/30 to remove launch and install chain lift!

^^The Screamscape post did say wasps and bees, and I figured that the wasps would be much more annoying (they are just the worst). But the sign out front says 'bees.' Also it's much more fun to shout "BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES" as you run away than "WAAAAAAAAAAASPS"

^ Glad I could be of service. Here's another.

In case people haven't checked Screamscape today, Wild Eagle and Thunderhead are closed down because there are too many bees swarming at the tops of the lift hills.

I've heard that Intimidator at Carowinds had a problem with bees swarming at the top of the lift hill beefore. (sorry, couldn't help myself ) Why on earth do they do that? The park's out in the middle of the woods, why do they feel the need to do that at the top of a 100+ foot steel/wood structure? I get that it's bee season, but...WHY???

I'm actually curious about this now. As someone who loves roller coasters but HATES bees I'd love to know why they like it up there so much.

I don't think I-232 has ever had that problem.

In case people haven't checked Screamscape today, Wild Eagle and Thunderhead are closed down because there are too many bees swarming at the tops of the lift hills.

I can confirm this. My advice is if you wish to ride these two coasters, do them early in the day for the next few weeks.

I'm still hoping they can find a place to rebuild Adventure Mountain in the park. Still can't get over how short-lived that attraction was.

I don't think it's salvageable from when they took it down. I saw a piece sitting in the lot behind Thunderhead when I went in August and it looked like it had been cut out instead of having been dismantled. Quite unfortunate, really.

Though they could put something g similar in that lot between Mystery Mine and the old Timber Tower queue. Maybe make that area an entire mine-themed section of the park. Build a rope course themed to scaling the area I. And around apintakn mine and build a small mine shaft-themed drop tower where Timber Tower was.

And the coaster looks great. It'll probably have to wait a year for me to ride it since I think I'm going to BGW next year for ANOTHER launched family ride but it looks fun! Should fitting be an issue? I just about took the walk of shame on Woodstock Express so I hope these trains are designed more for families than just kids.

POV Teaser number three dropped tonight. This one has some good length to it. If you pause at 0:05, you can see the show building, which, if I'm looking at it right has two sets of tracks coming out of it. Possibly for the transfer? One track in, train slides over, launches out? I guess we'll find out more tomorrow!

the video

I like the way the station works with it completing a full circuit but still coming into the station in the opposite direction from how it left, I guess this is why so many people thought it would be a shuttle style coaster.