TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Dollywood Discussion Thread

P. 771: Onsite employee housing under construction at Dollywood

I am also wondering if it is like a fire station (Like he says) and the station will allow for multiple docking and launching with a switch right in front of the station..

I agree, sounds very confusing BUT the pod cast does make it sound much much more interesting and a much better ride

^I listened to it as well...definitely worth a listen, if you have not already. I had not caught the $100 million for attractions, but that is enough to create some good new attractions. At the very least, it should enable them to expand up to the train loop and give the County Fair/50's section a re-vamp. I can easily see them getting an RMC coaster at some point in that 10 year process, I would guess it would be sometime in the next 3-4 years.

I also like how he mentioned that they are very open to increasing the numbers they are going to spend on the park.. depending on how fast everything takes off, they will adjust the amount they are willing to spend. I assume this means on attractions AND the resort.

It kind of bums me out that there is no plans for an indoor water park at this time BUT he did say everything is still on the table. I hope they decide to do an indoor park at some time in the future

Since you will return to the station backwards and leave forwards, it makes me think that there will be a switch track section right outside of the station... One direction goes to the launch, the other is the return from the backwards launch. Basically all trains will come and go from the front of the station with nothing going out the back. Maybe that is where they get "shuttle"?

I don't believe the pod cast actually called it a shuttle. That was myself just because of how it comes back to the station backwards but like everyone else mentions, it doesn't sound like it travels back on the same exact track as it travels out.. The podcast just mentions it goes back into the station backwards and is ready to launch forward for the next group

Sounds like a confusing concept but an interesting one

I'm not sold on it being shuttle in the way that enthusiasts think of a shuttle. I would have thought it would be more of a Th13teen or Everest style "shuttle" to effectively run three trains (and keep capacity bearable!)

I had this pictured as a dollywood version of grizzly mine cars at hong kong disney just instead of a dynamite shed, a firework factory in its place.

I kinda look at it being a shuttle with a twist. Its not a complete, full shuttle and you take the same path to start and finish the coaster. I dont have permission to used the illustration on this page, http://carowindsconnection.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=3911&start=30 , but I guess it gives a good possiblilty of how it will turn out.

I hope the next big addition will be somewhere near the front of the park. I've been wanting to see something to change the skyline up there for quite some time. Hopefully 2016 will bring a nice RMC creation somewhere near (but not connected to, of course) the County Fair section. Thoughts?

^I think they are going to focus the $150 million/10y.p. on Wilderness Pass and then a new path going up towards the upper train loop and developing it. Country Fair and the Village are completely jam packed with stuff, and i don't think a coaster can go over the railroad tracks b/c the exhaust from the coal train would be deadly. But you never know with Dollywood. I could see a little Mack bob sled coaster or spinner coaster shoe-horned in next to the Rockin Roadway. But a RMC coaster would certainly need a lot of space and there really isn't any in Country Fair, the Village, the 50's area, or any area towards the front of the park. I would say that would be unlikely to happen. OTOH, the area between Thunderhead and the parking lot could be an option...its currently undeveloped and the train makes a u-shaped turn, which leaves a lot of potentially available space to put a coaster in.

I think Pete mentioned in the podcast that the Coaster launched out and did some twists and turns stuff before encountering a "lift". This statement alone makes me think that it cannot be a true shuttle. He also mentioned a "show building" which is the obvious place for the track switch.

Edited by bkwjjm

That's so strange!

So, it goes backward to the top of the first lift, then goes through the entire circuit twice forward, then goes through the circuit once backward? I'm so confused!

From my understanding...the lift, station, show building and final brakes are all blocks. That's 4blocks so with 3 trains its gonna be smooth sailing. I def consider it a shuttle even with a lift. All the boomerangs and several other shuttles have lifts. This one just does a "detour" during the course!

Looking at the stats again. I just realized the length of FireChaser Express is 2,427 feet. That's on the longer side for a family coaster!

For some perspective, Powder Keg is 3,506 feet, and most of Gerstlauer's other family coasters are less than 1000 feet long. This should be a decent sized coaster!

I was wondering as I haven't been on a wing rider yet, does Wild Eagle have big Boy seats? I'll be there next Wednesday and I am a inch short on a standard B&M seat. Can't be too sad though as I'm so close to my first weight loss goal which is a standard B&M seat! I've upped my working out and diet just in case but it's unpredictable. I was hoping they have big boy seats. (just in case)