TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Fuji-Q Highlands Discussion Thread

P. 51 - New Observation Deck and Slide!

According to RCDB this beast is called Takabisha... Any TPR people in Japan know what it means???

I also remember watching the video of Robb at IAAPA talking to the folk at Gerstlauer. I seem to remember that he said something like "It is the same concept as Hansa Park but on a bigger scale... There is also an interesting theme"

What is the theme? I wonder...

Edited by RollerCoasterSmi

Every element on this ride looks like it will do sick things to my stomach...and I've gotta say I hope for one like that in the Midwest one day. This looks like the coolest thing by Gerstlauer so far.

121 Degrees? Seriously? I bet the guys over at Fraispertuis City (And S&S, they're building Timber Drop over there) are really PO'd right about now about them not getting the drop record now that Gerstlauer's built this.

This Euro-Fighter's gonna be absolutely mental, and I thought that Untamed was going ot be crazy. It also looks like (Not much people have noticed this) there's gonna be an indoor section, and that should be pretty cool.

^I don't actually think that they'd be that careless with that kind of capacity. Unless they wanted to get those fancy lap-bar only cars that get used on Dare Devil Dive, there's no real reason why they could downsize....

...then again, a lot of the big-ticket rides at Fuji-Q are painful, right? This may actually be a case where having a better capacity might cost them.

Anyone else agree that the little Euro Fighter trains are going to look quite strange going through those huge elements

I hope they make it a multi car train.

But... that's wanting to have the coaster be a higher capacity! Everyone knows you can't have that at Fuji-Q!

Not to mention, they've probably picked out the right opening day for the coaster, because it will probably raining when everybody tries to ride it. Then they'll postpone opening and wait another month or so. Fuji-Q's got it down to a science, peoples!

As cool as this looks, I am a bit perplexed. I know the pic isn't in the highest resolution, but does anyone else notice that there's no lift chain guide track, sprockets or likely motor mounts for the lifthill?

Usually, aren't those assembled with the main support structure??

Just curious.

As cool as this looks, I am a bit perplexed. I know the pic isn't in the highest resolution, but does anyone else notice that there's no lift chain guide track, sprockets or likely motor mounts for the lifthill?

Usually, aren't those assembled with the main support structure??

Just curious.

I believe you're right, especially since when you go back a page and look at the [definitely real] picture of the ride below it you can clearly see there are catwalks along the brake run.

I believe you're right, especially since when you go back a page and look at the [definitely real] picture of the ride below it you can clearly see there are catwalks along the brake run.

Yeah, you're right. I hadn't looked at this thread in awhile. Forgot about those pics.