TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags St. Louis (SFStL) Discussion Thread

2 hours ago, Danrarbc said:

Comes from the Supergirl school of theming.

No doubt... pretty cheap and dull.

I remember (dating myself here) when Screamin' Eagle's Queue ran Air Conditioning (70's and early 80's).  Not sure if those old A/C units are still there, but they were rusting away for years.  I hope they removed them, what an eye-sore they would be.

thanks for the picture!

59 minutes ago, SteveStL said:

I remember (dating myself here) when Screamin' Eagle's Queue ran Air Conditioning (70's and early 80's).  Not sure if those old A/C units are still there, but they were rusting away for years.  I hope they removed them, what an eye-sore they would be.

thanks for the picture!

Ahh yes the days of total excess! I remember that too so I'm right there with ya on that date thing.

Management *hates* this park. .we never get anything.

(Mgmt spends lots of $$ repainting and repairing areas of the park)

Management *hates* this park. . .we never get any new rides.

(Mgmt announces new ride, a very unique one in the Six Flags chain)

Management *hates* this park. ..it's not a coaster, and it's not the largest version of this ride avaialbe

(Yes, but it's a unique ride in the Six Flags chain, and will give thrill seekers another specific reason to come to THIS Six Flags park)

Management *hates* this park. . the queue is going to be boring.

Big Brother Ugh GIF by Global TV

• Haha 7

So what I am reading is they are making all of the improvements they announced for last year and are actually going to do them now. Woo. The loss of the tipping bucket is notable. 

That  image looks almost as good as the theming/queue for Pantheon. Parks are really going for that "we're broke" look apparently. Next we will see their characters holding cardboard signs on the side of the highway. "Six Flags over there, broke, anything helps."

EDIT

Also, @bert425, in this case I totally disagree. New paint is like the bare minimum one can ask for. I maintain the paint on my own home, that's expected. The new ride was delayed (okay, pandemic) but it is a low capacity nightmare that would be better served as an upcharge ride. There is a reason no other park wants one. Are you really looking forward to driving 10 hours from Texas to ride this ride?

• Haha 1

56 minutes ago, CP_RULES said:

So what I am reading is they are making all of the improvements they announced for last year and are actually going to do them now. Woo. The loss of the tipping bucket is notable. 

That  image looks almost as good as the theming/queue for Pantheon. Parks are really going for that "we're broke" look apparently. Next we will see their characters holding cardboard signs on the side of the highway. "Six Flags over there, broke, anything helps."

EDIT

Also, @bert425, in this case I totally disagree. New paint is like the bare minimum one can ask for. I maintain the paint on my own home, that's expected. The new ride was delayed (okay, pandemic) but it is a low capacity nightmare that would be better served as an upcharge ride. There is a reason no other park wants one. Are you really looking forward to driving 10 hours from Texas to ride this ride?

I have a decent job with good pay, so no, I won't drive 10 hours to visit Six Flags St. Louis.

I'll fly and rent a car.

not only do I have good friends that live in St. Louis (I'm flying to St. Louis in May, actually to visit with one of them, and we're going to hit several parks on our way to King's Island),  but St. Louis also has:

An absolutely *incredible* zoo
A pretty amazing Museum of Fine Art (just up the hill you can walk to from the zoo)
City Museum (which is worth a visit to St. Louis on it's own)
Grant's Farm (that has FREE BEER samples)
and that's not even looking at the Arch, or the historical sites near it.

oh. .and yeah, a pretty decent Six Flags there too.

so sorry, all I hear is whining and complaining.

• Like 4

^ and to add, in that picture it certainly looks like the seats are front/back on each arm. . so a total of 16 riders per cycle (8 per arm).

in other words, the *exact* same capacity that Wonder Woman Golden Lasso Coaster has at Fiesta Texas, when it's operating with two trains (as it often does).

• Like 3

1 hour ago, CP_RULES said:

EDIT

Also, to add, it was corporates decision to delay the ride for two full years, not our parks management. Phil Liggett in the time he has been park president of our park has done a tremendous job of catching up on the maintenance of the park in the last year alone. 99% of the people here were just fine accepting less than the bare minimum after all these years. How dare someone else actually expect more effort from the corporate overlords, it's a sin to want such a thing.

@bert425, give it up. Us sensible folks will never get through to this crowd.  I confidently believe that if SFStL were to get a 500-foot launched flyer inverted aquatrax, the very next year they'd be complaining just the same about the "corporate hate" for the park.

17 hours ago, SteveStL said:

thanks for the picture!

Even into the early-to-mid 90's the A/C worked. Not just in Eagle's line but many other rides at Six Flags. The good old days. They left those A/C's there for many many years. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, SteveStL said:

for the record, I am not on the 'Corp Hates Us' bus, but I think we can all agree that SFStL seems like an afterthought at times.

Valleyfair, Great Escape, Frontier City, Worlds of fun, MIA, and Dorney say Hi

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Mike240SX said:

@bert425, give it up. Us sensible folks will never get through to this crowd.  I confidently believe that if SFStL were to get a 500-foot launched flyer inverted aquatrax, the very next year they'd be complaining just the same about the "corporate hate" for the park.

Some of that is just frustration from living in a city that was once one of the largest cities in the USA and now is often treated as a flyover spot and is overshadowed tourism wise by the much bigger neighbor to the north, Chicago. Not condoning or condemning, just is what it is.

21 hours ago, bert425 said:

I have a decent job with good pay, so no, I won't drive 10 hours to visit Six Flags St. Louis.

I'll fly and rent a car.

not only do I have good friends that live in St. Louis (I'm flying to St. Louis in May, actually to visit with one of them, and we're going to hit several parks on our way to King's Island),  but St. Louis also has:

An absolutely *incredible* zoo
A pretty amazing Museum of Fine Art (just up the hill you can walk to from the zoo)
City Museum (which is worth a visit to St. Louis on it's own)
Grant's Farm (that has FREE BEER samples)
and that's not even looking at the Arch, or the historical sites near it.

oh. .and yeah, a pretty decent Six Flags there too.

so sorry, all I hear is whining and complaining.

We can play the who has a bigger wallet game, I live the DINK life and don't really need to say more. I crap out a trip to STL every other weekend, my husband is from there. Impressive that to talk up SFStL you have to talk up the city's other attractions. I love SFStL, I have been going there my entire life and MUCH prefer it to WoF. But this addition is late, gimmicky, and you're joking if you think it will cycle as quickly as Wonder Woman. I love the improvements, but this is weak sauce. I look forward to going to your home park, you like going to my (former) one. I think we both have bias involved. 

91185bfff2ea7925b78800168a137d34_w200.gi

it's a Six Flags with two unique flats (Catwoman, and Xcalibur) found no where else in the chain, and several really great wooden coasters (also unique in the Six Flags chain).

it's a real shame you don't appreciate the park for what it is, and what St. Louis has.

• Like 1

^The real shame is your inability to read my post where I explicitly state my love for SFStL since I was a child. The park is okay, it used to be better, these "improvements" are not worth bragging about. SFStL doesn't need something big, I have always been team managementdoesnthateus. BUT, this looks like crap. Admit it.

I'm just going to chime in here and say Saint Louis is a crime ridden shithole. Bert, I'm sorry. I've been here for 37 years. It may be fun to visit, but it's not nice to stay. We may have the city museum, a nice zoo, and a lot of other fun 'attractions,' but no one is rushing to this area to raise a family. This area has been depressed for years.

I personally like a lot of things about our park, but it also needs a lot of work. You come from one of the best parks in the chain. SFFT has gotten a considerable amount of attention in the last decade. SFFTL got a used boomerang. In the meantime, they took away Splash Boats, Antique cars... and half... of our Go-Karts. The carrousel is rightfully being renovated, but even that is currently not operating. Xcaliber was SBNO for two years. American Thunder is arguably the last real exciting attraction the park received.

I'm not really complaining about our park. It's fine. Personally, I don't give a shit. But, it's not cool to criticize the rightfully-so jaded long time members of this thread.... Except for the "Corporate hates our park" guy. Criticize away, because he'd hilarious.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

If it were my home park, I'd appreciate it for what it's got. . all I've been saying.
(totally get your opinion of St. Louis, and also totally get that it's probably pretty dang accurate based on your line of work/experience)

but shitting all over new attractions when the park gets new attractions?  yeah. . .that's not someone who loves their park.

SFFT posted about getting new benches.   And you know what the vast majority of the comments were about that?   

"Yay, more places to sit"

yeah. . it's about appreciating things for what they are, and not whining about things that are not.

and it's certainly not turning it into a "size of my wallet" contest - which is why I chose to ignore that tactic.

I can't wait to get back to SFStl - which wont' be too long - because I *really* wanna ride Xcaliber, which was not operating on my prior visits to the park.   And yeah, because I wanna ride Catwoman Whip.   (the prior visit was really because i wanted to ride Supergirl - which was unique in the Six Flags Chain - as well as Boss (didnt' like it tho), Eagle (loved it) and American Thunder (really loved it).

next time I'm back for the park, maybe can meet up and hang for the day Zach.

and Mgmt/Corporate hates this park guy is one of the most amusing things about the SFStL thread.

^I have posts on posts praising this park. I even praised this addition until I saw this new concept art. You bragged about flying, thought we were showing off our wallets. You're protected and can say what you want, I'll go ahead and stop.

You guys can criticize me all you want, but it doesn't make me any less wrong. In the last five years alone, five attractions were removed in the main park, and one of those was just half removed and looks awful. In the last 5 years, we have gained three rides in the main park. Three. Just three. That's a net loss of two full rides. And one of them was delayed for two full years while literally every other park had their ride open in 2021. What the chain is doing for the park is literally the bare minimum. I'm supposed to appreciate the bare minimum? That's like going to a franchised steak house that calls itself the best steakhouse in Missouri, ordering a moderately priced steak and they give you a plate that had a thin steak that's mostly all bone. Would you send it back and demand something better, or would you accept the moderately priced steak and just say "well the cooks tried their best, its okay". That's literally what most of you sound like. 

Anyone remember our 50th park anniversary? What a dismal display. Some fireworks, some dippin dots, and a pin, I seem to recall many of you being disappointed in what we got for that.  That disappointment is what us hardcore fans have felt for the last 10 years

I dont care if you like me or hate me, although it's pretty obvious it's the latter. But good lord, it is not too much to ask for the chain to do more than the bare minimum, which they havent even done that sad to say. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, bert425 said:

it's a Six Flags with two unique flats (Catwoman, and Xcalibur)

Actually Great Escape has Adirondack Outlaw. It's the same model as Catwoman.

Edit: Also Supergirl isn't unique in the chain.

^ mostly it's just teasing, @liltrekkie

many folks here have been posting here for a long long time, and we're like family. . so it's like teasing your little brother  (at least that's how i look at it).   So, no, don't hate you at all.

but seriously, I don't get why folks can't appreciate that it's a decent amusement park (tho perhaps now a lower tier Six Flags).. many places don't even have that! 
(thank goodness Houston might finally get a somewhat decent park soon tho in Big Rivers)