TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags St. Louis (SFStL) Discussion Thread

Maybe this is old news, but check out recently updated Google Satellite Shots of SFStL.  Looks like Screamin' Eagle's first Queue Bldg is demolished and there appears to be some construction at the old Tidal Wave spot.

Anyone know more?

21 minutes ago, SteveStL said:

Maybe this is old news, but check out recently updated Google Satellite Shots of SFStL.  Looks like Screamin' Eagle's first Queue Bldg is demolished and there appears to be some construction at the old Tidal Wave spot.

Anyone know more?

The Tidal Wave "construction" is just the haunted maze they put there for Fright Fest.

• 2 weeks later...
10 hours ago, Dan the Coaster Man said:

^ great to hear that. Never been on one of these, hoping it will open before SFStL is no longer my home park. Not getting my hopes up though because that would be before May.

If the ride is going vertical right now that puts it well ahead of any sort of flat ride schedule in recent memory. At this point if it is still a May open it'll be due to the new area that needs constructed and whatever the new Eagle queue ends up being.

On 2/21/2022 at 8:20 PM, SteveStL said:

That's cool, the Skyline won't change too drastically then.  How tall is CW Whip?

At full vertical length, the riders will be 164 feet above the ground, the total height is unknown, since I'm assuming there will be some part of the ride that is taller than eye level of the riders. To put it in prospective, Superman Tower of Power was 230 feet when the riders were at the top. The actual height with all the theming at top and everything was closer to 260 feet, although i could be very wrong with that number total. 

1 minute ago, liltrekkie said:

At full vertical length, the riders will be 164 feet above the ground, the total height is unknown, since I'm assuming there will be some part of the ride that is taller than eye level of the riders. To put it in prospective, Superman Tower of Power was 230 feet when the riders were at the top. The actual height with all the theming at top and everything was closer to 260 feet, although i could be very wrong with that number total. 

If the design is the same as Adirondack with no theming added between the seats there won't be much of anything higher than eye level. A couple inches of the seat itself over your head.

IMG_0171-scaled.thumb.jpg.6e190b7a9d647627b4626b4bc6ac0ce0.jpg

1 minute ago, liltrekkie said:

I suppose we should be thankful we got the four seat version and not the two seat version. Funtime makes up to an 8 row configuration, but I don't think I've seen it anywhere. 

you only get 4 seats because "Management hates your park"

😛

• Haha 10

1 minute ago, bert425 said:

you only get 4 seats because "Management hates your park"

😛

Corporate, actually. Although with the new CEO looking to hand more power back to chain management like it used to be, we may finally start to see some larger investments like we used to. I wish Dave Roemer was still park president, he did a damn fine job when the corporate office was willing to open their wallet for the park, was a nice guy too, genuinely loved the park and wanted to make it better.  

• Like 1

Which is fine, Six flags used to not put up an attraction every year anyway, I'll be the first to admit that having something new every year was neat, we have a number of rides that in my opinion, could use refurbishment. Mine Train and The Ninja come to mind there, both of them are basically falling apart it seems, mine train especially, it has sensor troubles everyday it seems. ninja is just cosmetic, although they could make it not be so jerky too, more people would love that. I think Eagle is due for some love, I dont remember when it was last retracked but I know it's been a little bit. Mr Freeze is another one that could use some love, while I dont expect it to be converted to a newer LIM style, which would cost a fortune, or so I've been told, the cars could use a refresh, and a coat of paint on it would be nice. While I really do wish they would put down a new coaster, I dont think that'll happen any time soon.

Ands before someone chimes in saying to RMC the boss, yeahhhh no. they spent a fortune retracking and refurbishing the cars a few years ago, if that happens, which i dont think it will, it's gonna be 10+ year out. 

If I am correct this season should be able to shape up to be better then the previous seasons

The batmobile, which were were supposed to get last year, should return. I believe it came From the closed Batman stunt show in New Jersey. I would assume it would be placed in the concrete Batman pad in the queue, it would be nice if we saw the return of some other features in the queue.

Another thing we were meant to get last year,  is the new adventure cove, that is replacing the previous hooks lagoon water play structure. I must admit the adventure cove looks rather to be a downgrade from hooks lagoon, adventure cove does not look as elaborate at hooks lagoon. Also it looks like it will no longer have a tipping water bucket. But nonetheless it is great that we get something new, especially that works better with families with little kids, it can help draw in that group of people and can help the park get something even better in the future.

Before I get onto catwomans whip I would like to discuss something that was not given enough credit last season. The new lighting! The lighting on the coasters was phenomenal! Including Ninja, It looks really great on the white and black. 

The biggest addition of all, once again a thing we were meant to get last year, and the year before, Catwomans whip! It is great to have a new thrill ride in the park, it is unfortunate it Replaced Superman, as it easily could have gone into its original location, by the boss, it finally allowed the Illinois part of the park to get some Justice! I am glad that arcade, which we have too much of, is gone! It hopefully will open up more space and it means that the original queue building for Screaming Eagle is finally open again! 

One thing I noticed in the park that I was a bit upset about last year, was the removal of the freestyle machines. It was nice to get drinks in the park that they don’t even make in  other forms!

• Like 1

Are they any Illustrations of what the new area?  The First Queue Bldg for SE has been demolished so not sure what you mean.

On 3/5/2022 at 12:32 PM, Stlouisguy said:

It hopefully will open up more space and it means that the original queue building for Screaming Eagle is finally open again! 

20 hours ago, SteveStL said:

Are they any Illustrations of what the new area?  The First Queue Bldg for SE has been demolished so not sure what you mean.

This was posted on the SFSTL facebook page a couple days ago.  This at least shows what the queue could potentially look like.

275456855_10158225515146916_8752904583411215617_n.jpg

• Haha 2

16 minutes ago, JimH2K said:

This was posted on the SFSTL facebook page a couple days ago.  This at least shows what the queue could potentially look like.

275456855_10158225515146916_8752904583411215617_n.jpg

Comes from the Supergirl school of theming.

• Haha 2