TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags St. Louis (SFStL) Discussion Thread

The only thing wrong with the ninja is the janky old arrow trains. They were garbage when put in, they are more garbage now. The new vekoma trains would make ninja 200% better than what it is now. Personally, I like the ninja, I just wish it wasn't so bone breaking. 

Speaking of updates, I've heard from some employees that a lot of park maintenance was done this winter since everything has been so mild. Lots of new paint, new roofs, even some AC work, although I have no idea which AC's we're worked on. I'm genuinely excited about everything that's been done. Finally getting caught up on the maintenance.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, SteveStL said:

Oh, I know that.  It was just an observation how parks determine the lifespan of Coasters, etc.   If these lifespans were true, then most of SFSTL coasters would be expired.

You're not wrong but the cycles are going to count for something. A year-round park is going to have far more run time than a park that is seasonal - SFMM's BTR has more cycles on it than any other and I'd expect it to need action taken before the rest. Universal rebuilt Hulk after only 16 years and Dueling Dragons didn't last any longer there. But Iron Wolf's track still lives on even with floorless trains.

Though Nemesis is also being retracked and that isn't a year round park. So I guess service life is a fluid thing and it really depends on how comfortable a park is with ongoing maintenance and refurbishment costs. I mean our Mine Train is running on 50 year old rails, and SFOT's is running on 55 year old rails. 

6 minutes ago, Danrarbc said:

... and Dueling Dragons didn't last any longer there....

Let's not pretend that Dueling Dragons was removed for any reason other than to expand Harry Potter land and appease JK Rowlings ego.

• Like 7

44 minutes ago, Mike240SX said:

Let's not pretend that Dueling Dragons was removed for any reason other than to expand Harry Potter land and appease JK Rowlings ego.

I mean, yeah but I don't think it's a coincidence the decision came with a year or two of the Hulk rebuild.

1 hour ago, Mike240SX said:

That's because Harry Potter stuff brings in tons of people that would NOT have travelled to Universal for DD. Sorry, but it is what it is. Just like retiring a ride that starts to cost more to maintain than it brings in. In the end it's usually bottom line and roi.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, liltrekkie said:

The only thing wrong with the ninja is the janky old arrow trains. They were garbage when put in, they are more garbage now. The new vekoma trains would make ninja 200% better than what it is now. Personally, I like the ninja, I just wish it wasn't so bone breaking. 

Speaking of updates, I've heard from some employees that a lot of park maintenance was done this winter since everything has been so mild. Lots of new paint, new roofs, even some AC work, although I have no idea which AC's we're worked on. I'm genuinely excited about everything that's been done. Finally getting caught up on the maintenance.

I think people are going to be VERY happy with the re do of the area around Eagle's entrance and the new flat! And no I'm not saying more than that so don't ask. 😉

• Like 3

1 hour ago, teacherkim said:

I think people are going to be VERY happy with the re do of the area around Eagle's entrance and the new flat! And no I'm not saying more than that so don't ask. 😉

but what will the "Corporate Hates this Park" crowd do when they see it????

Anticipation Popcorn GIF

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Vonni said:

I've often wondered why SF did'nt do more refurbs like SFOG Ninja at other parks in the chain. After that happened I was pretty convinced our Ninja would get the same treatment. 

New trains aren't cheap. The track and support work isn't either.

4 hours ago, teacherkim said:

Don't worry I've already seen most of the area from my own sources 😉. It's a little minimalist for my taste, but at least it isn't as bad as Supergirl's area. I'm overall extremely pleased with what I've seen, theyve done a fine job.

The only thing I don't know about is what happened with the mosaic. I really hope that's been kept. That was art. 

13 hours ago, liltrekkie said:

The only thing I don't know about is what happened with the mosaic. I really hope that's been kept. That was art. 

Hope so as well, along with putting the Large Screamin' Eagle Sign back on the Third Hill (the hill behind the Station)

• Like 2

17 hours ago, bert425 said:

but what will the "Corporate Hates this Park" crowd do when they see it????
Anticipation Popcorn GIF

Oh geez, I hope this doesn't become all we talk about for the rest of the season. People I implore you........try to move forward and not dwell on the past and accept it for the massive improvement it will be over what we have had for, oh I don't know, 20 years or so now. Let's not sacrifice the good in vain attempts at getting the perfect.

• Haha 2

On 3/16/2022 at 11:37 AM, SteveStL said:

Oh, I know that.  It was just an observation how parks determine the lifespan of Coasters, etc.

Not true. Boomerang and Fireball are less than ten years old.

• Like 1

it came from where the riddler pendulum now sits. .tho that spot sat empty for a while after they pulled the Boomerang (Flashback) from the park and sent it to St. Louis.

you can see it here on the far right in this 2008 map

Six-Flags-Over-Texas-Map-2008.jpg

• Like 1

On 3/18/2022 at 8:33 PM, bert425 said:

it came from where the riddler pendulum now sits. .tho that spot sat empty for a while after they pulled the Boomerang (Flashback) from the park and sent it to St. Louis.

you can see it here on the far right in this 2008 map

Six-Flags-Over-Texas-Map-2008.jpg

Actually that part of Gotham sits on land that park didn't originally own. Flashback was closer to where their Skyflyer is.