TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags St. Louis (SFStL) Discussion Thread

1 hour ago, teacherkim said:

New and improved area up around Eagle. I've HATED that janky hidden entrance to such a classic coaster for years now. And for God's sake please tell me they will put up a new sign with all the logistics of the coaster and get rid of the current one that is all faded and unreadable. 

Also, for everyone to wait and see how operations are before we declare the park is on the way out. Maybe the new CEO is making terrible choices or maybe thinning some positions at the top will smooth things out (if screamscape is right and food ops were under the retail dept that explains a lot) or maybe some things will work and some won't but we won't know what until the season starts. Which according to the calendar is the first weekend in April. A little later than the last few years but if that helps them have more ready for opening day, I'm fine with that.

I hope the whole back area is up and ready to go for park opening, whether the new ride is open or not, I'd like to be able to experience the area revamp!

Agree with holding out for a little. I haven't liked what I've seen/heard so far, but we have not been able to see how his takeover reflected into the park operations yet. In my eyes six flags has been below cedar fair for years and that is not going to change without, well, change.

Interesting the schedule is out, I did not know until you brought it up. I don't think it has been announced by the park, has it? Seems earlier than normal for six flags to have a seasonal park schedule out. According to this schedule, no Fridays in he spring :(

• Like 1

3 hours ago, bert425 said:

^ I'm FURIOUS with what they did to Ron at SFOT. . . . way to shoot the guy in the back, after he put so much effort into park improvements over the past 18 months (during Covid too!)

I assume he was laid off/forced out? What was his position? Having met the awesome park president there I admittedly don't know all the other execs

2 hours ago, Dan the Coaster Man said:

I hope the whole back area is up and ready to go for park opening, whether the new ride is open or not, I'd like to be able to experience the area revamp!

Agree with holding out for a little. I haven't liked what I've seen/heard so far, but we have not been able to see how his takeover reflected into the park operations yet. In my eyes six flags has been below cedar fair for years and that is not going to change without, well, change.

Interesting the schedule is out, I did not know until you brought it up. I don't think it has been announced by the park, has it? Seems earlier than normal for six flags to have a seasonal park schedule out. According to this schedule, no Fridays in he spring :(

I'm thinking as far as the hours go, they are being very careful not to over promise. Not knowing what the staffing issues and/or the Covid situation will be by April. They can always add days/hours if possible which is way better than taking them away.

11 minutes ago, teacherkim said:

I assume he was laid off/forced out? What was his position? Having met the awesome park president there I admittedly don't know all the other execs

he was the Park President. . (I know you you met Jeffrey with me at SFFT. . but Ron was already Park President at SFOT by then - tho Ron used to work with Jeffrey at SFFT).

and yes, he was shown the door the other day.  NOT his choice.

6 minutes ago, SixFlagsOMA80 said:

I believe Ron at one time was also at Six Flags St. Louis

you're thinking Jeffrey Siebert - who is the SFFT park president. . and who Ron worked with at SFFT before moving to SFOT in 2020.

16 hours ago, bert425 said:

you're thinking Jeffrey Siebert - who is the SFFT park president. . and who Ron worked with at SFFT before moving to SFOT in 2020.

No they are right, Ron was the Director of Marketing at Six Flags St. Louis until 2016 when he relocated back to SFFT.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, castaway_kid said:

No they are right, Ron was the Director of Marketing at Six Flags St. Louis until 2016 when he relocated back to SFFT.

oh really?   I didn't know that. . . I know he started at SFFT. . didn't realize he had left for a while.

18 hours ago, bert425 said:

he was the Park President. . (I know you you met Jeffrey with me at SFFT. . but Ron was already Park President at SFOT by then - tho Ron used to work with Jeffrey at SFFT).

and yes, he was shown the door the other day.  NOT his choice.

Aaah I got it. I didn't read carefully enough and was thinking SFFT when you said SFOT, so no I wouldn't have met him, my bad. I wonder if any other park president's are on the chopping block?

37 minutes ago, teacherkim said:

Aaah I got it. I didn't read carefully enough and was thinking SFFT when you said SFOT, so no I wouldn't have met him, my bad. I wonder if any other park president's are on the chopping block?

saw news today they demoted the Park President from Six Flags America -  which coincidentally has also been doing lots of improvements (paint, refreshing, etc) during the short tenure before he was removed.

5 hours ago, thisdougsforu said:

I made one visit last year, after not going at all in 2020 so I have a question- what year did they FINALLY put a new concrete path directly though the snaking mess that was previously the path to to the Batman entrance? That was REALLY needed. 

That was just completed this past season. At one point, we were going to get a vintage Batmobile (from Atlanta, if I remember right) to go on the bat-logo concrete pad, but I haven’t seen it yet.

2 hours ago, gnucksjr said:

That was just completed this past season. At one point, we were going to get a vintage Batmobile (from Atlanta, if I remember right) to go on the bat-logo concrete pad, but I haven’t seen it yet.

It came from the Batman stunt show in New Jersey

• Thanks 1

^I heard the new management is going bold and they got a big statue of a middle finger to go there instead of the Batmobile. It is going to block the path they put in last season so everyone has to use the old one.

• Haha 11

I'd love seeing the Park getting sold off to local investors.  Maybe I'd been in the minority here but I think the park would be better taken care of.

With SF, I think STL is sort of an afterthought.  I am not on the 'Corporate Hates Us' bus but it's apparent STL do not get attention this park needs.  

All I want to say is a removal of HITP is really hard to reconcile with season passes getting more expensive than Cedar Fair. Those new prices are insane for what Six Flags is (currently) as a chain. Reducing the number of operating days and removing a premium holiday event reduce the value for money proposition - to add higher prices to that is to put it mildly a questionable strategy.

Removing park presidents that have been making the kind of capital improvements that'd justify price increases is also worrying.

I think the park is taken care of pretty well. Sure the investment for new rides hasn't exactly been there but I think the rest of the park is pretty well off under Six Flags. Its a pretty park with more charm than most the other parks in the chain. Operations are solid. I think the best food service I've seen at Six Flags was at this park. It's clean. HITP was slightly underwhelming for me this year, and sure I would have loved to see just one new coaster recently, but I think the park serves its purpose well under Six Flags. Every park cant be a Cedar Point or SFMM

On 1/17/2022 at 2:33 PM, SteveStL said:

I'd love seeing the Park getting sold off to local investors.  Maybe I'd been in the minority here but I think the park would be better taken care of.

With SF, I think STL is sort of an afterthought.  I am not on the 'Corporate Hates Us' bus but it's apparent STL do not get attention this park needs.  

Yeah but finding local investors that have the capital to make such a purchase AND have experience in the amusement park industry? A LOT easier said than done. The odds would be much more likely that this would cause the park to deteriorate rather than improve. Now outsourcing a few things, like some of the food operations, maybe.

• Like 1