TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags St. Louis (SFStL) Discussion Thread

On 11/22/2021 at 7:02 PM, teacherkim said:

It IS very interesting that you relayed that conversation about the employee. My son was only scheduled two out of three days next weekend even though he said he was willing to work all 3 (he's starting school in Jan so has the time) and he said there was at least one person looking to add a shift yesterday and that they had more than enough ride ops on Saturday. To be fair he did say that they have had issues all year with people calling in at the last minute. So maybe admin is a bit gun shy about offering too many rides at the moment? Not sure.

That area by Thunder is never decorated well with flume closed and now no cars. Seems that would be a good spot for some seasonal food/drink booths or food trucks.

Interesting to hear what I overheard was not the only case. I did not think about people calling off. I did notice the other day that the HITP park map has open rides listed on the back, so maybe the ride lineup is not as flexible / not likely to get more added on?

Maybe they could / could have put the petting zoo on the path in front of the flumes? I didn't mind that they were under the overhead light tunnel by freeze, but maybe moving them or having them by the log flume won't make that corner of the park a sore thumb. Unless the animals need the overhead protection the tunnel provides... are those things waterproof?

On 11/26/2021 at 12:12 PM, ALT2870 said:

Just as an additional note here even though they are calling it a season pass in reality you are just paying for a year of membership which of course is more then fine. So you will get all the perks of a membership and get a membership card. So best of both worlds here.

More than fine indeed, I would have done that if that was an option in the first place

I went the opening weekend when it was 60+ degrees.  I was shocked that Batman had one train, no Ninja, Mine Train and Spinsanity.  As a parent with a 43" kid, there wasn't a ton for him to do.  Wait 90 mins for Justice?  No thanks.  Force him to ride Bug Bunny Nat'l Park rides?  He didn't want to.  So I left rather frustrated when my kid was so jazzed.  Took the "magic" away from the pretty lights, atmosphere and so forth when so much wasn't available and the weather drew big crowds.  Glad to hear MT and Spin are up.  Batman with 1 train this time of year is literally laughable.  Guessing staff issues?

15 minutes ago, TrippinBillie said:

I went the opening weekend when it was 60+ degrees.  I was shocked that Batman had one train, no Ninja, Mine Train and Spinsanity.  As a parent with a 43" kid, there wasn't a ton for him to do.  Wait 90 mins for Justice?  No thanks.  Force him to ride Bug Bunny Nat'l Park rides?  He didn't want to.  So I left rather frustrated when my kid was so jazzed.  Took the "magic" away from the pretty lights, atmosphere and so forth when so much wasn't available and the weather drew big crowds.  Glad to hear MT and Spin are up.  Batman with 1 train this time of year is literally laughable.  Guessing staff issues?

Or perhaps with maintenance schedules, they had to pull the 2nd train for rehab. They completely disassemble them each off season, and with only a 3 month off season now, I guess they have to pick between 1 train in the winter when there is low attendance, or 1 train in the spring with much higher attendance. 

• Like 3

Employees were notified about an hour ago that the park is not opening tonight for inclement weather. Kind of a head scratcher to me since the rain is supposed to be over by 5 or 6 and it's not cold. I remember one year they had employees come in the Friday night of Labor Day weekend when we were under a tornado warning with 100% rain for the entire evening predicted and they were clearly not going to be able to open anything. Guess they are trying to be more careful about spending after the losses of last year? They did end up having to pay everyone for two hours that night before they shut down since there were only about 4 guests that showed up.

Guess the park had better weather info than I did this afternoon, because here come the tornado sirens. Still a little surprised, they use to always pull everyone in anyway, but turns out to be the right decision tonight since they were supposed to be open 5-10

• Like 2

^ find that VERY hard to believe, as the Holiday in the Park events bring in revenue.

I'll wait for something official. . but certainly have a hard time believing they'd announce before the event is over in 2021, that it won't happen for 2022.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, bert425 said:

^ find that VERY hard to believe, as the Holiday in the Park events bring in revenue.

I'll wait for something official. . but certainly have a hard time believing they'd announce before the event is over in 2021, that it won't happen for 2022.

Unfortunately I think there are going to be a lot of things happening soon that are "hard to believe", based on the direction the new CEO is going. If yesterdays management changes/firings were any indication. Buckle your seatbelts, it's going to be a bumpy ride. And my guess is there will be no announcement, it simply won't be added to the calendar next year for our park along with several others. 

Still sounds like a whole lot of baseless speculation from low-post-count members with no backing proof of their theories.  What are these "changes/firings" of what you speak and what is your source?

23 minutes ago, Mike240SX said:

Still sounds like a whole lot of baseless speculation from low-post-count members with no backing proof of their theories.  What are these "changes/firings" of what you speak and what is your source?

I'd trust him and you should too.

All SF parks are going to be different next year and so far what I have seen in the last 24 hours I don't like it. All recent moves seem to for stock holder interst.

36 minutes ago, bossstl said:

I'd trust him and you should too.

All SF parks are going to be different next year and so far what I have seen in the last 24 hours I don't like it. All recent moves seem to for stock holder interst.

Grand scheme of things, it doesn't matter if he's right or not.  I wasn't planning on a SF pass next year or any SF park visits so its no skin off my back.

But again, I ask, what are these moves and changes and what is your source?

I'm as big of a CF fanboy as they come, and even I can admit that SF has been majorly owning all of the other park chains since the pandemic started (especially CF); I find it very hard to believe that the stock holders don't like that direction for the chain.

1 hour ago, Mike240SX said:

Grand scheme of things, it doesn't matter if he's right or not.  I wasn't planning on a SF pass next year or any SF park visits so its no skin off my back.

I ended up getting, because my home park (and park President) is awesome. . .  and once Season Pass was avail to go to multiple parks?  yeah, I am in for next year already (and have used my new pass twice).

so if these firings that are being referred to are the changes that happened the other day in Six Flags upper mgmt - where they heavily implied that the individual park Presidents/leadership would be taking more active roles for their parks, rather than Company Wide across all parks?   I think that's a great move, and will inspire some of the lower ranking parks to work a bit smarter in getting attendance / opinions up.

I'll also note: don't assume malice where it very easily could be a case of stupidity.

example:

That pass I bought that I referenced above?   it's NO WHERE on the main SFFT site.    When we were *in* the park on Saturday (for an event) and my friend was going to upgrade his daily ticket to a pass?  *the people staffing Season Pass building AND the people staffing the Membership building* were unable to find the level of Season Pass that would include access to other parks on their systems (tho they could find the +$5 option to add parking to the pass good for your own park).   

but last night when he pinged me to say he still couldn't find the option anywhere online, I went back to the link that I had used two months ago, and it was still active and brought me right to the "tiered" pass options.     and he was able to purchase.

I refuse to believe that's any purposeful malice - and far more likely that someone just doesn't have the computer skills to keep the website updated accurately.

59 minutes ago, coasterbill said:

I just want to bump this to say that I probably underestimated the legitimacy of those posts considering the post counts, and I apologize for that.

The more I hear, the more I think it’s entirely plausible.

what are you hearing?

tho apparently there is some chatter on park pages.  and seeing lots of comments (that appear to be getting deleted about layoffs).

but that could be disgruntled folks. . .so when I see it reported on a news source somewhere, I'll be more inclined to believe in the cuts.
(tho there were Corporate Level cuts last week, and chatter about more power going to the individual Park Presidents)

guess will just wait and see what happens.

On 12/16/2021 at 11:54 PM, Freezefan1971 said:

Hey guys make sure to get your next couple visits in for Holiday In The Park as it is getting cut for 2022 due to corporate budget cuts. :(

I would find this very difficult to believe given the push for membership and season pass sales.  The whole point of adding Holiday nearly chain-wide - as well as a few parks going to year round ops - is to give perceived value to having (and keeping) memberships and season passes.