TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Over Texas (SFOT) Discussion Thread

I hope they are also adding something else or i will THROW something. SFOT does not need bumper cars

the park JUST got two brand new rides (both of them amazing), and they rethemed crazy-legs to Harley Quinn.

why expect anything from them for at least a year or two?

if bumper cars show up, it's a bonus. . I seriously do NOT get the bitching from some people.

sheesh.

I hope they are also adding something else or i will THROW something. SFOT does not need bumper cars

the park JUST got two brand new rides (both of them amazing), and they rethemed crazy-legs to Harley Quinn.

if bumper cars show up, it's a bonus. . I seriously do NOT get the bitching from some people.

sheesh.

Thank you! Was just thinking that myself. We also got the most expensive ride in park history (even if it is down a lot) the year before. Hurricane Harbor hasn't gotten anything since SFOT received the kiddie park makeover a few years ago.

I wouldn't be shocked to see them invest more in it this time around.

I'm sure if they put bumper cars back in, they will do something else, too. This park is very secretive about new rides. We'll see what happens on Sept 1st.

Well, if we're getting used bumper cars for our new attraction, then SFOT has reached a new low in disappointment.

You still haven't gotten a Larson Loop. Disappointment still awaits.

But the park really could use a new coaster.

sheesh.

Two rides that the park did not spend alot of money on compared to some of the other parks. Also, I am expecting something from them because Six Flags adds a new attraction to every park each year. Six Flags doesnt just put in bumper cars theyve never made that small of an addition. It has been 14 years since we've gotten a big new coaster, (I dont count NTAG). Im not saying that i need a new coaster though. Im not saying that at all. Im saying that we need something besides bumper cars. If the bumper cars were maybe a part of a fanily ride package I would be grateful, but even for SIX FLAGS standards, just bumper cars is pretty low.

Two rides that the park did not spend alot of money on compared to some of the other parks.

I'd say they spent a decent amount of money, a ride like Riddler Revenge is probably around $4-5 million while Catwoman Whip was probably an additional $1-2 million. They probably spent close to the same amount Great Adventure spent on Joker.

Two rides that the park did not spend alot of money on compared to some of the other parks.

I'd say they spent a decent amount of money, a ride like Riddler Revenge is probably around $4-5 million while Catwoman Whip was probably an additional $1-2 million. They probably spent close to the same amount Great Adventure spent on Joker.

Oh wow the rides cost that much? Well still we need something other than bumper cars, thats my point. And also its my opinion.

sheesh.

Why do people think SFoT deserves better? Becuase there's over 5 million people within 50 miles, which is one of the highest numbers of any parks outside LA. Becuase DFW is a massive tourist hub and home to one of the busiest airtports in the nation. Because we were THE Six Flags, the first. We set the bar. In the past decade, we've lost as many coasters as we gained. In the past half decade, we've not gotten any coasters. NTG is great, but there's still holes. Cedar Fair is out there installing amazing new rides and SF is throwing a bunch of crap at it's parks.

But, the company is turning massive profits and the shareholders are happy. That's what matters at the end of the day, not what anyone on TPR thinks.

Oh and yeh, we are'nt getting bumper cars. That's the demolition permit for the old ride house.

that's some high level Privilege right there.

you *deserve* nothing. . . if you can't be pleased with what the park has recently gotten (Riddler and Catwoman are both amazing rides). . then sorry, just can't help you.

^ Welcome to the 2016 world of self-entitlement & idiocracy, Bert!!

I agree, SFOT doesn't have to do anything to cater to whiney enthusiasts - and last year's two flat ride installations looked pretty rock solid to me. I could see where a number of people (including Cedar Fair parks) would kill to have just one of those new flats at their home park.

By the way, to the guy saying that Cedar Fair have been installing "rock solid additions" at their parks... Valleyfair, Michigan's Adventure, Dorney Park, Worlds Of Fun and to some extent, Kings Dominion all say Hi!

Being the first Six Flags park doesn't mean squat in terms of "setting the bar" for the other Six Flags parks. Last I checked, they had a pretty solid looking coaster & flat ride line-up there (especially after the additions last year), so perhaps investing in some of the other parks with more needs might take precedence before they install a new record breaking coaster?

By the way, to the guy saying that Cedar Fair have been installing "rock solid additions" at their parks... Valleyfair, Michigan's Adventure, Dorney Park, Worlds Of Fun and to some extent, Kings Dominion all say Hi!

Piggybacking on this... As somebody whose closest park is Michigan's Adventure, I honestly would have rather had Six Flags purchase the park from the Jourdans, than Cedar Fair. Yes, the overall atmosphere, infrastructure, and operations is probably better now than it would have been, but MiA would have seen regular additions, even though they were small, and likely clones, over the past 16 years. I actually appreciate that about Six Flags... They general always give a park something, even if it's a Larson Loop level addition, and something is better than nothing - which is essentially what MiA has received for the vast majority of a decade and a half.

That new bar area looks great!

But allow me to chime in on this "whiny enthusiast" talk. I was very happy that the park was unique the last 2 years in the Justice League dark ride and our two new flats that no other park received. My beef with Six Flags has always been how you can find something in every park that is copied somewhere else. Here's a prime example, I've visited Great Adventure and Magic Mountain in the past year...both have B&M Batman clones. Fiesta Texas has "another Goliath named ride" that is a mirror of one of these cookie cutter B&M's.

Now the latest rumor is our park will be getting a 4D Free-Spin like Fiesta Texas (source is on Screamscape). While I understand that's not always totally reliable, most sources are generally correct. This will give us 2 Batman clones and 2 4D spins within a 3-4 hour drive of each other...that's the stuff I don't like Six Flags for.

I'm happy with our park, though I've always questioned some of it's decisions. I still to this day don't know why we built Titan a year after Cedar Point opened Millennium Force and to this day not a single Six Flags park has a Giga Coaster. I've ridden all the Giga's that Cedar Fair has to offer except Leviathan in the last year, boy those things are fun and make Titan a Texas sized disappointment.

Casa de Las Banderas is now open at Six Flags Over Texas! They serve domestic and craft beer and margaritas.

I mean it looks nice but I can go to all the other Six Flags parks and find a bar. That's not what I'm paying Six Flags for. This was the first Six Flags Park, it set the bar. It deserves something better. There's over 5 million people within 50 miles and we've gained as many bar stools as we've lost in the last half decade. Cedar Fair is building amazing bars everywhere and we just have this mediocre one. We deserve better. We were the first! The first!

Whoa, I think the real story is that you can make it to SFFT from Dallas in under 4 hours?!? Please tell me your secret route as I seem to always get bent over with a 5+ hour drive

My secret route is I go very early in the morning and pray to God on the way that 35 isn't jacked up in Austin...and I grit my teeth and save my Bucee's stop for on the way back...I can spend hours in there

Casa de Las Banderas is now open at Six Flags Over Texas! They serve domestic and craft beer and margaritas.

I mean it looks nice but I can go to all the other Six Flags parks and find a bar. That's not what I'm paying Six Flags for. This was the first Six Flags Park, it set the bar. It deserves something better. There's over 5 million people within 50 miles and we've gained as many bar stools as we've lost in the last half decade. Cedar Fair is building amazing bars everywhere and we just have this mediocre one. We deserve better. We were the first! The first!

Dammit Bill's done it again.

• 2 weeks later...

https://www.facebook.com/sixflagsovertexas/?pnref=story

SFOT has just posted this teaser on their FB page. Trevor Eitel of Texas Thrillseekers has closely inspected this video. It would seem to indicate that we are going to receive a Larson Super Loop themed for the Joker.

Edited by Sportsdude360