TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Michigan's Adventure (MiA) Discussion Thread

I am glad for this announcement since it almost guarantees I will not go to ANY CF parks next year. MIA waited years for a ride and they get a used SLC and the only one I have been on that actually made 2 people I was with bleed. So next year (and every year from now on) I will not buy a pass and now I can also go a full season with no CF parks, unless I somehow end up in Carolina or KC. As long as that doesn't happen I am home free.

They should move Thunderhawk to Gitmo. We'd win the War on Terror in about two weeks of interrogating the Al-Qaeda guys detained down there.

Anything other than selling this Vekoma garbage for scrap is crime against humanity.

Even my super defensive Vekoma SLC riding technique didn't save me from getting a serious neck smashing on this awful excuse for a ride. I can still hear the echoes of my screams.

Im really happy MA is gettin this coaster. If you think about it, all of GL other coasters would not have been a good fit in this park. MAybe Villain, but they already have 3.

They will probably put athe CF touch on it, and make it look pretty nice.

This also leaves the possibility for Dominator to come to WoF!

I actually really!!! like Villain, and If that came to WoF, that would be an okay match too. W/e though, well just probably have to wiat another 5 years to get something new.

MIA should be thankful they didn't give them the Vekoma Boomerang as well.

I hear Neurosurgeons and Chiropractors and Physiotherapists in the area are rubbing their hands with glee at the prospect of increased patient numbers.

CRAP! Sorry, but why is Great America STILL not getting a roller coaster? Just about every Cedar Fair park is getting new coasters, but Great America is still suffering a coaster drought. If only GA could get Dominator, that would rock if it replaced that horrid death machine known as Vortex.

^Dang it! I agree. The general public are so naive. I haven't been on many roller coasters (my count is less than 30) but I have enough common sense to know that Vortex is a painful roller coaster! Same thing goes for Grizzly, I only ride that when I'm ultra bored and the other rides have long lines. With Vortex, I can' t even ride that anymore because it hurts my ears so much.

I wouldn't call GP naive. They just may not be as critical of rides as we tend to be. For them, riding Vortex once every great while could be a blast, but to those who ride it many times over could think otherwise.

Personally, I think this is a great fit for MIA. They were lacking a signature steel coaster, which I know many would argue that an SLC really isn't worthy of that status, but you also have to figure that Shivering Timbers was really the only signature ride there. I think the same would be true if you put an SLC anywhere that has maybe 1-4 coasters that are not multi-million dollar, high tech rides. Thunderhawk will definatly be a very popular ride at MIA.

^ I am confident enough to say that if Cedar Fair had announced Geauga Lake's Headspin for Michigan's Adventure next year, even THAT would be considered a major addition. A roller coaster with a boomerang and loop (firsts for the park), AND it goes backwards too! Locals would go crazy for that.

I could totally see a Boomerang being a huge hit at Michigan's Adventure. The guests sure ate up the one at Worlds of Fun.

Which brings me to believe that Headspin should have gone into Michigan's Adventure this year and saved the SLC for a year or two down the road. Because Michigan's Adventure is the only park in the chain I could really see benefiting from a Vekoma Boomerang.

CRAP! Sorry, but why is Great America STILL not getting a roller coaster? Just about every Cedar Fair park is getting new coasters, but Great America is still suffering a coaster drought. If only GA could get Dominator, that would rock if it replaced that horrid death machine known as Vortex.

Mabe they will get the Beaver kiddie coaster?

while I'm still upset that GL is history, I'm glad it's coasters will still live on. I do think they should rename there rides, I mean look at Voodoo going to Dorney, totally different name and logo, and possibly a new paint job. I know this is an SLC, but it's a new coaster to people in Michigan, I'd think a new theme would be neat, but I guess that's CF for you sometimes.

I can see it now - Dominator with Vortex's trains. Now that would be awesome! The GP wouldn't know the difference.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 years later...

According to Michigan's adventure facebook page, there will be an announcement soon regarding the new attraction for next year.

http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Muskegon-MI/Michigans-Adventure/140264646757

Any ideas? I hope the finally add a path to connect the front of the park with the back of the park.

Edited by thrillrider