TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Weirdest Things The 'GP' Have Said

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You stated: "someone asked me how to get to Goliath. I turned around, then turned back to look at the woman, she still was puzzled. I turned back around and then gave her the same look."

Now, given the fact that you knew were right in front of the Goliath entrance, I can see how you could find the question odd. However, I think a better way to handle the situation would have been to simply answer the question politely, rather than returning a puzzled look. The fact that woman gave you a puzzled look after you turned to look at the wall as your response to her query tells me that she still didn't realize the entrance was through the stone wall. I can imagine that once she did enter the queue she likely thought, "He could have have just told me it's right here instead of making me feel like an idiot."

As someone who also walked right past the wall the first time I was looking for Goliath, I can tell you that it's not as obvious as you may think that the wall is actually the ride entrance. Do most people realize it right away? Probably, but that doesn't mean that everyone does. When they find an employee and ask a simple question, is a direct and polite response too much to ask?

Yeah, when I worked on Millennium Force, I was sitting at the entrance one day (which is right next to the enormous Millennium Force sign) and somebody asked me what ride it was.

Also while sitting at the MF entrance, I had somebody come up to me and ask me if MF was "that one" (pointing to Top Thrill Dragster). If you've ever been to the park or seen the pictures, you know why that is so strange and funny.

Those were the times when I really had to refrain from giving the person a funny look and saying, "You're screwing with me, aren't you?"

Wow, now I know GP can be kinda ignorant, but TTD is clear on the other side of the park, and isn't "The Blue Demon." And, as for Mr. "which ride is it", man, you wonder why maps were ever printed.

And my weird things (future) GP said:

I was talking to a friend of mine the other day and told her I went on X2. She told me she was going to SFMM in August. I told her to definitely get on X. She replied,

"Which one, X1 or X2?"

Damn those stupid commercials that label X2 as "the all new X2."

B&M, thank you for being open minded enough to appreciate that someone else may have a different take on the situation you described. Many things come down to the issue of one's perspective.

Hey if I'm wrong I'm wrong and I'm man enough to admit it....but if you were there you'd have thought it was funny as well.

Another interesting story...true story.

(Psyclone is loading)

Girlfriend: I don't think you can take that Icee with you.

Boyfriend: It doesn't go upside down!

Many people don't understand that California Screamin is one coaster. Many seem to think the launch is separate from the rest. And many feel it is way too big to be one coaster so one end must be separate of the other end (Such that the Malliboomer section, launch, and loop section are three different coasters). It also doesn't help that we have dual loading stations!

Wow, that's probably one of the dumbest things I've ever heard from the General Public.

EDIT: Here's what I got from a POV of milennium force on youtube (No offence to anyone)

--------- (54 minutes ago) Show Hide 0 Marked as spam Reply | Spam what about the Beast

---------- (19 hours ago) Show Hide 0 Marked as spam Reply | Spam so flight of fear is against the law since it has inversions yet it has a lap bar(used to have otsrs) otsrs are used for random coasters to let you have less airtime

--------- (19 hours ago) Show Hide 0 Marked as spam Reply | Spam no son of beast got its removed last year

-------- (19 hours ago) Show Hide 0 Marked as spam Reply | Spam and do you have a 310 foot tall coaster that doesnt hurt you? i dont think you do

--------- (1 week ago) Show Hide 0 Marked as spam Reply | Spam I had the same seat you had!

--------- (1 week ago) Show Hide +1 Marked as spam Reply | Spam good thing this ride's smooth...

--------- (1 week ago) Show Hide -1 Marked as spam Reply | Spam mind bender at sfog has inversions and u dont have over the shoulder restraints

--------- (2 weeks ago) Show Hide 0 Marked as spam Reply | Spam i love cedar point!!!!! go there like 4 times a year!!! best ride!

--------- (2 weeks ago) Show Hide 0 Marked as spam Reply | Spam to --------- no you dont need shoulder restraints if there are inversions. take the ride scorpian at busch gardans for example. there is a loop but they only have a lap bar

Rct3man777 (2 weeks ago) Show Hide 0 Marked as spam Reply | Spam P.S Nerd and proud. Lol.

Next Pages: 1 2 3 ...

--------- (2 weeks ago) Show Hide 0 Marked as spam Reply | Spam to -------- no you dont need shoulder restraints if there are inversions. take the ride scorpian at busch gardans for example. there is a loop but they only have a lap bar

--------- (3 weeks ago) Show Hide 0 Marked as spam Reply | Spam the reason they didnt put any loops on mf is because then by law, you have to have over the shoulder restraints

Rct3man777 (3 weeks ago) Show Hide +1 Marked as spam Reply | Spam You don't need over the shoulder restraints by law, dude...who the hell told you that?

Seriously?

---------(2 weeks ago) Show Hide 0 Marked as spam Reply | Spam where do u get your info from? you do need otsr if there r any inversions

Rct3man777 (2 weeks ago) Show Hide 0 Marked as spam Reply | Spam I get my info from rollercoaster nerds like me. There's a thing in this world called "G-force" you know. OSTRs are just meant to make you feel safe.

Rct3man777 (2 weeks ago) Show Hide 0 Marked as spam Reply | Spam P.S Nerd and proud. Lol.

-------- (2 weeks ago) Show Hide 0 Marked as spam Reply | Spam um...w/e but ive checked multiple places and they all say you need them to have inversions...and ive heard of g forces...anyone who knows anything about roller coasters knows about g forces...im smart but not a nerd...however i knew more about rollercoasters and cedar point than a ride op did...u can believe what u want but i know im right...google it

--------- (2 weeks ago) Show Hide 0 Marked as spam Reply | Spam dude, the Beast and the Son of Beast have loops and dont have Shoulder restraints... at least that is what i think.

This is more of an "Out of the Mouths of Babes" type thing, but I was still wtf about it...

I was operating the Flying Scooters (Flyers) at Seabreeze today. Behind me, a boy (probably about 7 or so) and his Dad had the following conversation, referring to the water by the Log Flume:

Boy: They used to have crocodiles in the water down there, so if you fell of the log ride you'd be eaten by the crocodiles!

Dad: I think you're making stuff up.

Boy: No, I'm serious, they had crocodiles in there! But then they had to remove them for legal reasons.

Wow, that's probably one of the dumbest things I've ever heard from the General Public.

EDIT: Here's what I got from a POV of milennium force on youtube (No offence to anyone)

--------- (54 minutes ago) Show Hide 0 Marked as spam Reply | Spam what about the Beast

---------- (19 hours ago) Show Hide 0 Marked as spam Reply | Spam so flight of fear is against the law since it has inversions yet it has a lap bar(used to have otsrs) otsrs are used for random coasters to let you have less airtime

--------- (19 hours ago) Show Hide 0 Marked as spam Reply | Spam no son of beast got its removed last year

-------- (19 hours ago) Show Hide 0 Marked as spam Reply | Spam and do you have a 310 foot tall coaster that doesnt hurt you? i dont think you do

--------- (1 week ago) Show Hide 0 Marked as spam Reply | Spam I had the same seat you had!

--------- (1 week ago) Show Hide +1 Marked as spam Reply | Spam good thing this ride's smooth...

--------- (1 week ago) Show Hide -1 Marked as spam Reply | Spam mind bender at sfog has inversions and u dont have over the shoulder restraints

--------- (2 weeks ago) Show Hide 0 Marked as spam Reply | Spam i love cedar point!!!!! go there like 4 times a year!!! best ride!

--------- (2 weeks ago) Show Hide 0 Marked as spam Reply | Spam to --------- no you dont need shoulder restraints if there are inversions. take the ride scorpian at busch gardans for example. there is a loop but they only have a lap bar

Next Pages: 1 2 3 ...

--------- (2 weeks ago) Show Hide 0 Marked as spam Reply | Spam to -------- no you dont need shoulder restraints if there are inversions. take the ride scorpian at busch gardans for example. there is a loop but they only have a lap bar

--------- (3 weeks ago) Show Hide 0 Marked as spam Reply | Spam the reason they didnt put any loops on mf is because then by law, you have to have over the shoulder restraints

Rct3man777 (3 weeks ago) Show Hide +1 Marked as spam Reply | Spam You don't need over the shoulder restraints by law, dude...who the hell told you that?

Seriously?

---------(2 weeks ago) Show Hide 0 Marked as spam Reply | Spam where do u get your info from? you do need otsr if there r any inversions

Rct3man777 (2 weeks ago) Show Hide 0 Marked as spam Reply | Spam I get my info from rollercoaster nerds like me. There's a thing in this world called "G-force" you know. OSTRs are just meant to make you feel safe.

-------- (2 weeks ago) Show Hide 0 Marked as spam Reply | Spam um...w/e but ive checked multiple places and they all say you need them to have inversions...and ive heard of g forces...anyone who knows anything about roller coasters knows about g forces...im smart but not a nerd...however i knew more about rollercoasters and cedar point than a ride op did...u can believe what u want but i know im right...google it

--------- (2 weeks ago) Show Hide 0 Marked as spam Reply | Spam dude, the Beast and the Son of Beast have loops and dont have Shoulder restraints... at least that is what i think.

This is really freakin funny. The only law for OTSRs are the laws of physics And of course, it helps idiots like those go on some of 'em. Really, if you think about it, they can take the OTSRs of a number of rides and be fine. Gotta love when GP try and argue with you.

So Tony and I were at Kennywood on Friday and we heard some of the most assanine things.

- We were waiting in line for the disko ride called "THE COSMIC CHAOS" and some random group of girls behind us were discussing "Phantoms Revenge" when one of them said "OMG. Did you know that Phantoms Revenge is the tallest and fastest roller coaster ever made?" I did my best to keep my mouth shut... but I couldnt help it. One of the girls said "I know it is so fast and so tall I dont think anything will ever beat the record." I kindly turned around and said... "Nothing will beat the record? Its called Top Thrill Dragster... Google it" and I turned back around!

- Later on in the day we were exiting "THE EXTERMINATOR" when a group of people said "Was it not insane how many times that ride went upside down?" I couldnt help it... I really couldnt... So I started talking to them and I said "I could not help over hearing that you were amazed by how many times this ride went upside down..." and they were all like "Yeah it was amazing I felt like I was just going to fall out... all the blood was rushing to my head and everything." I simply replied with "Wow! Thats amazing to bad the ride does not go upside down!" and I left it at that...

- While waiting in line for "Swingshot" the parks "New" Screamin' Swing Someone said "Did you know this ride use to go upside down untill it got stuck upside down and everyone fell out, so they had to make it so that it would not go all the way upside down." I just kept my mouth shut with that one.

I know there is a list like a mile long of other stupid things people have said in Mine and Tony's recent trip to theme parks, but I will just leave it at these for now!

~Matthew

^Those are really funny. I mean, they're sad, but hilarious

Oh, I remember another one I heard a long time ago when talking to my 7th grade SCIENCE teacher. I don't remember what he said, but his eyes were huge in idsbelief when I told him coasters run on gravity, and don't have a chain going through the whole ride. It was really sad.

- We were waiting in line for the disko ride called "THE COSMIC CHAOS" and some random group of girls behind us were discussing "Phantoms Revenge" when one of them said "OMG. Did you know that Phantoms Revenge is the tallest and fastest roller coaster ever made?" I did my best to keep my mouth shut... but I couldnt help it. One of the girls said "I know it is so fast and so tall I dont think anything will ever beat the record." I kindly turned around and said... "Nothing will beat the record? Its called Top Thrill Dragster... Google it" and I turned back around!

I don't blame those girls for saying that. The Steel Phantom was the tallest and fastest coaster in the world once, and they've probably never been to any other park besides Kennywood. Plus, they aren't fact machines like us enthusiasts, that can spit out heights, speeds, lengths, etc. at will. You can probably thank 1991 Kennywood marketing and advertising for their comments.

The other comments you posted, however...

On a radio interview the radio man told his guest:

"I've been reading about high diesel prices. How are you going to pay for the diesel to run the rides the prices are so high?"

The guest said:

"We run off the power grid, just like everyone else"!

-Tatum

I'm sorry, but which part about this is funny? I honestly don't know what the generators are run with.

When I was at SFoG (no not a batman story) a few weeks ago I was in line for Goliath watching that Top 10 Six flags coasters thing on the TV and they show SM; ROS, but they show the first drop and then its off and onride footage are clearly a different track, what looks like Ninja from SFMM to me. So anyway this convo happened.

Guy: That ride is huge (after seeing first drop) AND it goes upside down, WE HAVE TO RIDE THAT!

Me: That ride doesn't go upside down that footage is of a different coaster, see the way the track is made up and how its different?

Guy: What are you talking about! The tracks are both red and everyone knows looping coasters have different tracks for drops and loops!

Me: (turning around rolling eyes) Yeh I guess your right...