TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Weirdest Things The 'GP' Have Said

Was watching a YouTube video about Physics Day at Valleyfair in 1995. A physics teacher pointed at Corkscrew and said "I'm trying to figure out the lowest speed it can go through the loop without falling off." I can't believe it was a physics teacher that said that .

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^Oh believe it! Last year when we were studying "the loop" in my physics class what we had to do was calculate the speed at which the train had to be travelling in order to make it without falling. Plus the loops were perfect circles, of course.

Aw hell, I thought that was hilarious. I can see that being a caricature of oblivious GPers that overblow the stats of rides.

yeah, this one person actually believed it was true, so she told me about it and that's how i found out about it

Saw this on a TPR youtube video of Boardwalk Bullet at Kemah boardwalk.

This coaster is a DEATH TRAP!!! It pulled so much g-force that I KNEW the wood was about to rip in half. (Btw, I mostly mean UPWARD g force is what worried me). I could see my wife and kids and I spiraling into the Gulf of Mexico and me frantically trying to get out of the metal fold down harness to try and save them yet only watching us all writhe and panic as we sank deeper and deeper... Darker and darker... Untill..........

If he/she is referring to the airtime when they're complaining about the "upward g force", I don't even know what to say to that. I hope to god this was a joke. If not, I feel deeply sorry for this person

Seriously. It can't be that bad! it's god damn ****ing **AIRTIME**!!!

I've actually gotten this many times as a ride op for Cliffhanger (a Windstorm model):

"Which part of the train is faster?" (Everyone else then gives that "Really?" look.)

Oh, and this one, though somewhat more understandable:

"Does it go upside down?"

Remember, you can see the whole layout of the blasted thing...

Not screaming on a roller coaster will make you pass out... I mean I guess if you hold your breath long enough.

Even worse... People just simply ask in the youtube comments section on TPR onride POVs,

"OMG OMG OMG OMG OMFG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!..... THAT RIDE looks SOOOOOOOOOOO SCAAAAARRRRRRYYYY!.... How THE HELL DO U NOT SCREAM???"

Even worse when it's on videos of really forceless, boring rides like wingriders :facepalm:

Person: Why does Magnum XL 200 have a lift hill?

Me: As opposed to...

Person: A launch

Person: I don't see what's so special about a roller coaster that just goes up and down (Wicked Twister)

Person: Blue Streak just has hills and a turn? (Coincidentally, airtime is a strange concept for said person)

On Facebook, several news sources are posting about the Colossus fire at SFMM, and a lot of ignorant GP commenters think that since the ride had closed, the park did it intentionally just so that they could get insurance money .