TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Weirdest Things The 'GP' Have Said

One of my favourites, while standing in line for the Great Movie Ride at Disney-MGM Studios - "Is this a ride?"

No, they just call it the Great Movie RIDE in the hopes that people will come in and walk through.

Kevin

That might have been me if it was in 2002 because I thought when they showed the preshow movie compilation I thought that was the whole ride.

Also one time I was in line for Mind Eraser (SFNE) and some girl with her friends are reading the ride manufacturers name.

Girl 1: What is a Vekoma

Girl 2: It sounds like an alcoholic beverage.

LOL. Vekomas sure can knock you out like getting drunk can

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^ do you happen to mean a norwegian loop? If i read what you explained correctly then it already exists.

No. A Norwegian loop is nothing more than a squished together dive loop and Immelmann.

What Hobbesx2 describes is like an endless drop. It keeps going until your back where you came from.

An inside out loop. Like an upside down "inverted coaster loop" with regular trains.

What about something like an invert that halfway through a zero-g cuts downward like an immelman, but continues in a loop form, and finishes the last half of the zero-g ending the element?

Are you sure a norwegian loop isnt what he is talking about? he said half a 0-g roll which puts riders upside down, then downward like an immelman which puts riders upside down, then continues in "loop form" meaning doing a loop, but cut it in half and finish with the second half of the 0-g roll..... i think he means a norwegian loop, however i could be mistaken.

What you mentioned

an endless drop. It keeps going until your back where you came from.

An inside out loop.

was mentioned earlier in the thread, which also kind of made me think he was describing something different... i could be wrong tho...

Along the topic of upside down loop-dee-loops, I used to think that Demon's corkscrews were upside down loops...(Ok, I blame the park map on that one)

I also thought that Jaguar went upside down when I looked at on the map (didn't see the whole ride in person yet). (Once again, park map issue...when they do tracks without supports, a simple helix can be mistaken as a loop and vice versa.) Lastly, gazing at Tidal Wave's front spike, I thought it was impossible as the weight drop was winding up...I thought it was to pull the train up the spike though it never did get pulled up.

I rode Maverick tonight with 2 other friends, I was the odd man out so another guy sat with me in the front seat. As we were waiting for the train ahead of us to clear the guy said "It's not dark yet, these bugs are horrible"

Needless to say it was 45 degrees out with a stiff wind and not a bug in sight.

I don't think I ever posted this story, but.....

A few months ago I was at the exit area of Tatsu with KidTums waiting for Elissa and Jahan to ride Tatsu.

These kids walked up and looked at Orient Express (the incline railway) that you can see from the exit area of Tatsu.

"Let's go on that ride" (kid #1 pointing)

"That's not a ride...that's a bus...and it's not just a bus..it's a DUMB BUS!"

Poor Orient Express!

What did it do to deserve such verbal abuse?!?! And WHY would someone think it's a BUS? And why...WHY is a "dumb bus"?!?!?

Anyway, from now on the Orient Express will always be known to me at the "Dumb Bus."

--Robb

I dared my brother to ask the ride op if they could run Invertigo with 2 trains to help speed up the queue...when we got up there, he never asked...but it would have been funny if he did.

^Also, that Runaway Reptar ride looks like it has a loop, looking at the park map.

I bet GP think it really does have a loop.

Well, here's why I thought it looped. (Look at red track)

jagloop.jpg.25e3cb097d183e17c15ea8cf0ec981be.jpg

I'd say that's a good enough reason to think it has a loop.

A few months ago I was at the exit area of Tatsu with KidTums waiting for Elissa and Jahan to ride Tatsu.

These kids walked up and looked at Orient Express (the incline railway) that you can see from the exit area of Tatsu.

Poor Orient Express!

What did it do to deserve such verbal abuse?!?! And WHY would someone think it's a BUS? And why...WHY is a "dumb bus"?!?!?

Anyway, from now on the Orient Express will always be known to me at the "Dumb Bus."

--Robb

Robb, you think that it is at least better than calling it the short bus?

I like it when I'm on a rollercoaster and the person next to me says, "Is this ride scary?" And my reply to them is always, "Yes it is and I get motion sickness on rides like this." The look on there face is priceless! Another weird thing I heard someone say was last year when I was in Myrtle Beach,SC. and we were at the Pavillion(sp?) and a father and son were walking by me and this was the conversation I overheard, son to father 'Hey Dad, can we get some ice cream later?' Father to son, 'We might maybe can get some ice cream later.' My nephew and I just looked at each other and cracked up. So for the rest of the trip that was our new saying for everything we were going to do.

Poor Orient Express!

--Robb

LOL! I remember that!

-mike (Who's thankfully no longer in charge of the dumb bus!)

I dared my brother to ask the ride op if they could run Invertigo with 2 trains to help speed up the queue...when we got up there, he never asked...but it would have been funny if he did.

^Also, that Runaway Reptar ride looks like it has a loop, looking at the park map.

I bet GP think it really does have a loop.

Well, here's why I thought it looped. (Look at red track)

That looks quite a bit like Jaguar and Montezuma's Revenge on a KBF map.

EDIT: I know what you mean. I have a GA park map from 2002 and it does look like there's a loop. Might wanna change the picture.

Conversation on our recent weather conditions and my last 2 visits to GA for the season:

Me: I hope it don't rain sunday.

Cousin: Yea because you're going to have a wet ride.

Me: *thinks* hmmm acceptable amount of wetness?

Uncle who 'knows it all': No, it's illegal to run coasters in the rain. The parks will get shut down for that and face a law suit by the state.

Me: *sigh* Uh...how? (Thinks along the lines of a GP to see if he'll tell me that the power will cut out...didn't work though)

Uncle: Well, they got brakes, water hits them, they're like a car's brakes...they'll slide.

Decided not to argue it as it would have been an endless of GP and Coater nerd debate. (Ok, maybe in Cedar Fair's eyes, it's illegal to run rides in a drizzle.)

Several weeks ago we got into a discussion about roller coasters in my physics class and my teacher thought Stealth was still at GA.

Then just yesterday I overheard a girl who was telling her friends about Kong at SFDK (though she called it King Kong) and they couldn't understand how you start off upside down before going through the "loop-de-loop."

Sometimes I wonder how even the GP can be so clueless.

Not VERY recent, but last time I was at CP... these 2 kids got off of Gemini and the one said to the other "I'm really starting to like these wooden coasters". Then the other went on to say "Yeah, like Son of Beast, that ride kicks butt.... lets go ride Mean Streak!!!" Then simultaneously "YEAH!!!!"

Rob.

An actual conversation I had with some cheerleaders while I worked at SFGAM several years ago assigned to IW.

Me: Girls, why are you taking your shoes off?

Cheerleaders: Because they'll fall off

Me: How can they fall off when you'll be standing in them?

Cheerleaders: (blank stare at each other) Oh, we're not sitting down on this ride?

Me: No this is Iron Wolf, you stand up on this ride. Science has proven that shoes will not fall off if you're standing in them.

No offense to any cheerleaders on this board. I think their ponytails were a little too tight that day.

I've heard weird discussions with the GP in lines for rides with long waits. I talked about Nuclear Fusion with two guests when I waited for Maverick the day I went to Meet R&E (and sadly didn't).

Another occasion was when some dude asked me if I was a member of ACE and he said he thought that all thrill seekers were ACErs....ummm, no (thought to self: what about Europe and Asia, Dumba$$)???

Another occasion was while riding Colossos in Germany, two German kids were shouting English Halo Gamers terms up the lift hill which I found utterly funny.

Another occasion (at the Michigan State Fair): a guy was with his GF and kept on saying he was afraid that the cars would fly off over and over and I turned around amused and comforting saying. "I'll ride first for you and we'll see how it turns out?" and it's turns out after I rode, he hopped on and loved and thanks me for the test.