TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Weirdest Things The 'GP' Have Said

^ That's just an opinion. Someone might say Mean Streak is their favorite woodie even though most people hate it. You never know, even at a park with 5 coasters, Tornado may be the only coaster the person has ridden. Maybe he/she hasn't ridden it in a long time, or likes how it goes "upside down", etc...or the person was just drunk.

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In my AP Physics textbook, a picture of Steel Dragon is shown, along with a caption that says the ride's vertical drop is 95.3 meters long.

Alright, I can understand an ordinary textbook making this mistake, but this is a college-level physics textbook. The authors obviously should know that vertical equals ninety degrees, which Steel Dragon's drop is clearly not. There's even a picture that obviously shows the drop being non-vertical. How the hell do physics professors make this kind of mistake?

That's not anything wrong. It is the ride's vertical drop. It may not be vertical, but it goes from one height to another. It's a drop along the vertical plane. That's why it's called the vertical drop.

I always chuckle when hearing the GP talking about Grizzly at CGA...even they say how it bounces you around and beats you up. It just sounds much funnier coming out of the GP than out of one of us.

What was the last one I heard....someone describing Survivor (Disk-O Coaster ride) to their girlfriend. Survivor's kind of hidden behind it's theming and from the midway, you can only see the front spike. From Grizzly, you can see the rear spike and the boarding platform. Aside from that, the girlfriend asks what Survivor does/what it's like. Her boyfriend said it's just like the carousel but it moves back and forth. It's kind of funny how the GP associates rides and tries to relate them.

Also, on a sad note, it's pretty bad when the GP doesn't refer to a ride by it's name...they just say "Oh, let's go on the green one, or the yellow one." Even the operators/attendants refer to the waterslides to "Green" and "Yellow" as well (Down Under Thunder, and Tasmanian Typhoon). I guess their names aren't so obvious?

Ordinarily, I wouldn't post a YouTube comment, but this one was really bad. This was on a video of the newest (crappiest) version of Spaceship Earth.

"nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooooooooooooo they took out the city at the end the one where thay say

"we have gotten far on this rock we call home and some day we will go ferther and it all started with a little planit called earth" that was the collest part of the ride it was also what inspiered my uncle to start iventing whered stuff"

In my AP Physics textbook, a picture of Steel Dragon is shown, along with a caption that says the ride's vertical drop is 95.3 meters long.

Alright, I can understand an ordinary textbook making this mistake, but this is a college-level physics textbook. The authors obviously should know that vertical equals ninety degrees, which Steel Dragon's drop is clearly not. There's even a picture that obviously shows the drop being non-vertical. How the hell do physics professors make this kind of mistake?

The probably mean the vertical distance from the top to the ground. Not the angle of the drop.

It makes me sad that no one in New Zealand has any idea what a good rollercoaster is like. I mean, four million people that have only ever ridden a standard Arrow corkscrew coaster. I was talking to a girl in my class who said she hates rollercoasters because they hurt her head. I know that isn't really a 'weird' GP thing to say, it's just really depressing

It's the same here in Colorado with our "beloved" Vekoma SLC.

Tell me about it! Nothing more sad/pathetic than hearing someone rave about something like a Vekoma SLC. My cousin lives in ND and visited this summer. He had never been on a roller coaster, and he thought Mind Eraser was about the best thing ever. Obviously I didn't have the heart to tell him that it's really a terrible coaster compared to what's out there.

Here are some of my favorites I found on a youtube top then video...

did you never try the brand new Hy-speed of Mirabilandia, in Italy...for sure the Europe best rollercoaster

fahreneiht is like a kid version of kinda ka

the millenium force is the same as the goliath

what about son of beast. its the fastest and tallest wooden coaster

Edit: TTD and KK may be one trick ponies to the enthusiast world, but damn does the world love them. They made every single top ten ever on youtube.

Edit: TTD and KK may be one trick ponies to the enthusiast world, but damn does the world love them. They made every single top ten ever on youtube.

I saw one video (Top Ten Coasters at Great Adventure) where the guy didn't go the "taller is better" route and placed Kingda Ka 4th (with El Toro, Bizarro, and Nitro as 3, 2, 1 respectively), and most of the comments were "ur wrong the Kingdaka is the best." One person even said that since Kingda Ka wasn't his number 1, he must not have ridden it.

YouTube comments shouldn't count as the dumbest things the GP say. Because the comments on YouTube are stupid no matter what the topic.

LOL. Agreed! No one is constructive

I hate it when people tell me that My fav artist singer because She is not as famous. Since when does fame and fortune make an ARTIST good? pff

I hate reading a lot of coaster comments as well...heck anything.

in line for B:TR

"Six Flags is disgusting, they don't bother to tear out an old sewer, so they make you walk through it."

I didn't think their theming was that convincing.

LMAO! Hope she never goes to a Disney park, her head will be spinning with confusion.

I saw this comment on Youtube regarding Kennywood's new coaster:

That is a stupid move! To build a roller coaster right where the turnpike is and the coaster is nothing compared to Fahrenheit and Rock 'N' Roller coaster. Pittsburgh is a busy city already and taking out the turnpike is going to make it insane. Well back to Fahrenheit that ride goes up 200 feet and then drops 97 degrees and Rock 'N' Roller Coaster launches you right out of the station 0-75 mph in 2 seconds. WOW. THANKS A LOT KENNYWOOD NOW MY PARENTS AND I CAN'T GO TO A PIRATE GAME ANY MORE!

He actually thought they were taking out the Pennsylvania Turnpike to put in the new coaster!

I saw this comment on Youtube regarding Kennywood's new coaster:
That is a stupid move! To build a roller coaster right where the turnpike is and the coaster is nothing compared to Fahrenheit and Rock 'N' Roller coaster. Pittsburgh is a busy city already and taking out the turnpike is going to make it insane. Well back to Fahrenheit that ride goes up 200 feet and then drops 97 degrees and Rock 'N' Roller Coaster launches you right out of the station 0-75 mph in 2 seconds. WOW. THANKS A LOT KENNYWOOD NOW MY PARENTS AND I CAN'T GO TO A PIRATE GAME ANY MORE!

He actually thought they were taking out the Pennsylvania Turnpike to put in the new coaster!

I lol'ed and what the heck do Fahrenheit and Rock N Roller Coaster have to do with anything? That's such a random choice of coasters to compare.

While queueing up for Saw: The Ride, I overheard someone say...

"Did you know that the front of the carriage is pointed down so the air resistance keeps it on the track. That goes for every coaster: even Stealth!"

God forbid she turn her head and look at Nemesis Inferno! That's below the track!