TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Weirdest Things The 'GP' Have Said

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Saw this comment on a POV of Apocalypse at Drayton Manor

If you think this is scary try the death tower/death ride to doom a leaning tower which is 72ft and you drop down and in the middle the tower actually feels like its falling, but here's the fun bit you ride up so fast 330 mega spin and then you drop down 360ft and with 69 Gforce. All at London Dungeons

I'm no medical expert, but I think 69G is just a little too high, don't you think???

Edited by canadianparkfan

Saw this comment on a POV of Apocalypse at Drayton Manor

If you think this is scary try the death tower/death ride to doom a leaning tower which is 72ft and you drop down and in the middle the tower actually feels like its falling, but here's the fun bit you ride up so fast 330 mega spin and then you drop down 360ft and with 69 Gforce. All at London Dungeons

I'm no medical expert, but I think 69G is just alittle too high, don't you think???

Also, that sentence makes absolutely no sense grammatically. It has way too many subjects and verbs. He was obviously high on GP, the new drug that renders users completely ignorant.

^No, I just got his drug test results back... He's clean. The fact that he was able to mention a park in the same country as Drayton Manor proved that... I believe he was suffering from too much exposure to the "69 Gforce" that's felt on the "Death ride to doom"

Stick with riding the good ol' intamin towers kids! Or you'll end up like that guy!

Ok, this wasn't really said by the GP but it's still curious and and didn't really know where to put it. After two visits to Portaventura in three years I noticed that, on both occasions, Dragon Khan was the only coaster (I'm not counting hurakan condor) where the operators would ask if I was sure I wanted to ride with my glasses when, in my opinion, it is the coaster (of the three big ones) where I am more unlikely to lose them as Furius Baco has some moments of negative Gs combined with all the shakiness (which was enough to unlock my watch locking system, meaning I nearly lost it) and shambhala is made of airtime hills. I don't know about you but I get the impression that they do it because it is the ride with the most "loops", which sounds kind of GPish. Anyway, I obviously didn't lose them on any of those rides and never felt I came close to.

I don't really remember if there were that many GPisms used on my first trip to Busch Gardens WIlliamsburg. I think maybe there was one "Apollo's Chariot is the tallest roller coaster in the world!" and a "Someone fell out of Alpengeist and died"

However, I was shocked to find a 10 year old kid that knew A LOT about coasters. He actually went up to me near Griffon and said to me "Excuse me, but did you know that this is a B&M roller coaster? So is Apollo's Chariot and Alpengeist! Loch Ness Monster is an Arrow, though." I was impressed, this little kid did his research! The ONLY thing he got wrong was that he thought that Verbolten was an Intamin coaster. I, of course said it was a Zierier. The kid goes "ZIERIER!? I thought they only made lame kiddie coasters!"

That was pretty much me when I was 10.

On one of those pointless BGT 2015 videos...

Also, looking at the GP comments for Goliath, my view of airtime to a coaster enthusiast is different from a GP.

How Coaster Enthusiasts see it: YES! I'M FLYING! SUCK IT, PEOPLE ON THE GROUND!

How the GP see it: OhmyGodOhmyGodOhmyGod I almost fell out! They need to shut down this ride before people go flying away, because I almost flew out of my seat!

I don't really remember if there were that many GPisms used on my first trip to Busch Gardens WIlliamsburg. I think maybe there was one "Apollo's Chariot is the tallest roller coaster in the world!" and a "Someone fell out of Alpengeist and died"

However, I was shocked to find a 10 year old kid that knew A LOT about coasters. He actually went up to me near Griffon and said to me "Excuse me, but did you know that this is a B&M roller coaster? So is Apollo's Chariot and Alpengeist! Loch Ness Monster is an Arrow, though." I was impressed, this little kid did his research! The ONLY thing he got wrong was that he thought that Verbolten was an Intamin coaster. I, of course said it was a Zierier. The kid goes "ZIERIER!? I thought they only made lame kiddie coasters!"

Same here!

One of my friends says Eurofighters have 87 degree drops.

I can see how they mess it up with 97, although if they've ever seen a Eurofighter, they should know. I hope they know what 90 degrees is... probably just an honest mistake. Hey, at least he/she knows what a Eurofighter is!

Same here!

Heck, that's me NOW!

Mount Olympus is a good park.

From a Mt. O Employee in line at Six Flags Great America

RANT

Well if the park was so good, A Man wouldn't have died falling out of Opa and the park wouldn't be such a joke. Spend $20 more dollars on maintenance before you ever say anything to anyone again.

Found this in a Holiday World discussion. Thought it was kinda amusing.

"I was there last week. they plowed out land and started putting concrete in for supports. It is two parallel lines. Meaning it is either a Strata Coaster (most likely) or a boomerang"

SFSTL:

-Batman the Ride: Guest says "why is it attached to rails, Batman didnt use rails, he flew. I'm disappointed and don't want to ride it now"

-Mooseburger: Guest asks "Are the burgers at mooseburger were really made of moose?"

-Thunder River: Guest exits the ride and says "I didn't hear any Thunder"

-Evel Knievel: Guest asked "why do they call it Evel Knievel if there aren't any jumps"

-About admission price: Guest is complaining to guest relations about having to pay to get in because "parks" are FREE public places and thats what taxes are for

-Tidal Wave: guest standing in front, next to the exit of the ride is debating if they want to ride or not. Guest finally is persuaded by friend to ride and guest says "but if I get wet, I'm gonna be pissed".... needless to say he was really pissed about 15 minutes later!

-Guest, season pass holder (and beyond the definition of a redneck) didn't understand why preferred parking was upcharge and says "I shouldn't have to pay this, I have a season pass, do you have any idea how rich you have to be to buy one like me." Attendant tells guest "you don't have to be rich, over 100,000 people buy season passes every year." Guest laughs hysterically yet mad and says "you're a liar and there was no way that SFSTL could sell more than 50 or 60 a year."

I don't know if this counts but I visited Six Flags St. Louis on Sunday with 3 friends, and unless the wait was in the station, they would all say that the line was too long and leave the queue.

One of them is headed to Disney World for the first time in a week. I wonder how he'll react to the lines there

At universal four years ago at flight of the hippogriff,some guy bragging to his young daughter and wife how he rode a coaster that was a lot bigger than this,saying ridiculous things like how you layer on your back while dropping 200 ft straight down.

I also remember watching a video at school that had Goliath at SFMM on it and some kid beside me says,"Hey,I rode that,it's in Georgia."

To be fair, there is a hyper coaster with orange box section track named Goliath at SFOG as well as SFMM.