TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Weirdest Things The 'GP' Have Said

So today at school one of my friends said "I rode Goliath on Saturday." So I pulled out my iPad and showed him the Goliath webcam with the ride under construction.

That's one effective way of finishing the discussion

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

During PE class at school yesterday, I was told by a friend that for April Fools a few years ago, SFMM turned Superman into spinning cars, Riddler's Revenge went backwards, and Scream went backwards. But he was bummed when he went because apparently X2 was running but wasn't working normally because the seats didn't spin! Sounds a little painful.

Well, I did get informed that Banshee was the longest, fastest, steepest, and tallest coaster in the World, then it was changed to in America. And I was also informed that they were still building it yesterday.

The people at my school

Well, your school do need better English teachers.

Well, I did get informed that Banshee was the longest, fastest, steepest, and tallest coaster in the World, then it was changed to in America. And I was also informed that they were still building it yesterday.

The people at my school

The people at my school

I think you might need better English.

I overheard a conversation in my math class and they were talking about how SFGAm's new Goliath will go into the zero g stall, then everyone will fall out onto a net and the ride is over. When I told them that was impossible, one of the kid's said "Nu uh! I went there in February and saw the construction and there's a net there!"

Sometimes it's amazing what the GP can come up with.

I overheard a conversation in my math class and they were talking about how SFGAm's new Goliath will go into the zero g stall, then everyone will fall out onto a net and the ride is over. When I told them that was impossible, one of the kid's said "Nu uh! I went there in February and saw the construction and there's a net there!"

Sometimes it's amazing what the GP can come up with.

This is a winner!

A few lovely ones from Knott's Berry Farm last week:

Kid waiting for Sierra Sidewinder "This is the scariest ride in the park, I mean, it goes BACKWARDS!!!"

13-year old sitting next to me on Silver Bullet: "How do I undo the buckle?"

Teenager sitting behind me on Boomerang's lift: "Wait, does this go upside-down?"

And this gem from SFMM the day before:

Guy behind me on Gold Rusher: "This is the first roller coaster ever."

I rode Ripsaw Falls a few years ago after the lap bars were installed and heard this conversation:

Guy 1- "Cool! They have lap bars now. That means this goes upside down."

Guy 2- "No, it doesn't go over your head so it can't go upside down."

Guy 1- "What about the Simpson's Ride?"

Guy 2- "Touché."

I rode Ripsaw Falls a few years ago after the lap bars were installed and heard this conversation:

Guy 1- "Cool! They have lap bars now. That means this goes upside down."

Guy 2- "No, it doesn't go over your head so it can't go upside down."

Guy 1- "What about the Simpson's Ride?"

Guy 2- "Touché."

WHAT? There are literally no true statements here

Since the guy saying this was an outside contractor and not actual park worker, he counts as GP in my book.

In preparation for some two-train operation testing, the red train of Ravine Flyer II was getting sent out of the shed. Of course due to the colder temperature, the train didn't make it all the way back into the station to clear the transfer. As usual, any available guy in the park is called to help manually push the train back into the station. As we are standing around the station waiting for a few more helpers, one of the outside contractor workers looks over at the blue train on the brake run and sees the red train partially out of the station and says in the most drawn out and jaw-dropping tone, "Holy Sh!T, you guys got TWO of them!......And you run them BOTH at the same time?!" I haven't seen such an eye-opening expression on someone's face in a long time. The head mechanic lost control of himself laughing right then and there, and the other mechanic and myself barely held ourselves together until they left the platform.

Who would have thought a roller coaster could operate with two trains at the same time? Was he raised in Mt. Olympus?

Who would have thought a roller coaster could operate with two trains at the same time? Was he raised in Mt. Olympus?

I imagine if he saw all the trains of Rip Ride Rockit he would have a heart attack.

I was with a cousin, we were talking about SFGAdventure and I was telling him that in that park there was the tallest coaster (KingdaKa) and he told me: "Oh I've ridden it too in Orlando, look, is this one? (He showed me a picture of Dodonpa at Fuji Q) " an d I was like *facepalm*

Yesterday at Valleyfair: "Renegade is the same ride as Wild Thing". *facepalm* A GCI woodie and a Morgan hypercoaster are the same ride? Seriously?

Also, maybe not exactly GP, but in the trivia game on Valleyfair's FunTV, it asked which VF ride is celebrating it's 25th anniversary this year. It went on to say Enterprise, but as far as I know, that ride was built in 1979, therefore making it 35 years old. That's a bit embarrassing if a park can't get it's own facts straight.

Edited by VF15

During Halloween Horror Nights at USF in 2012 (when Transformers was under construction but hadn't been announced yet), I pointed to the construction site and told my friends that I had heard Transformers was going in that spot. One of my buddies proceeded to tell me that that would be impossible because its only a two-story building, whereas Transformers is a longer ride than Spider-Man and Spider-Man is in a five story building.