TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Weirdest Things The 'GP' Have Said

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I find it funny when the GP come off rides that go like 70 MPH and that's the tallest and fastest thing they've ever ridden. I was at Darien Lake this past Friday, the 22nd, and I rode Predator with this random guy. He was saying how he was so surprised at how fast and big Ride of Steel was. He then asked me if I had ever been on a coaster as fast as that before, I just smiled, said yes I have, and thought to myself, "If you only knew."

I'll post more storys in a TR from Monday, but

At KD I was talking to an opp about rebel yell only having 1 out of the 4 possible trains it could of ran (note, this was memorial day, and it was busy!)

Me - Hey, why can't you run more trains?

Op - Because theres only 1

Me - But, what about the one down there

Op - No thats the one they use for testing, in case it falls off.

Me - Okay? (You probley know what I'm thinking ) Well, why can't you open the other side

(Note: the train was just in the station)

Op - Theres not enough workers here (yet, theres like 6 in the side I was in)

Me - Well, you can put some workers in there

Op - It takes a lot of peeps to run the car, do you not know?

Me -

-Matthew K.

If some of you rode anyone of the Bizarros this weekend you might have heard what I heard at GADV. "What happened to Medusa?" "How long did it take them to build this ride?" "Wasn't Batman & Robin: The Chiller in this spot?" "The new Bizarro has like 10 upside downs!" I mean could the GP be any dumber when it comes to coasters

Was at the exit ramp for Goliath at SFMM the other day and this lady asked the ride op:

Looking at Flashpass Sign pointing down the stairs under the station

Lady: Is this the way for Flashpass.

Ride Op: Yes just head down the stairs and follow the path

Lady: But what ride is it for?

... These are just things people say all the time. Pardon the guests for not knowing everything. . Perhaps we could start a thread called "Weirdest things you've heard the CEs say". Now that would be a thread!

^There's a dumbest things said on TPR, but that only applies to quotes from people who can't tell the hole in their ass from sunshine. I think Mr. Six means that while some people say some really off the wall things about coasters that may very well defy physics, a lot of CE's kinda use this "holier than thou" method of sizing up people who don't know the difference between a friction brake and a skid brake.

^A lot of CE's kinda use this "holier than thou" method of sizing up people who don't know the difference between a friction brake and a skid brake.

And they often do so using still incorrect terms.

i saw this video on youtube where some guy who is in desperate love with King's Dominion made a video comparing BGE with KD. He said that Appolo's Chariot was a mini hyper because it is only 170 ft tall. so i posted a comment saying that technically it is a hyper coaster because it has a 210 ft drop. so the maker of the video commented back saying that a hyper is 200 ft tall, it has nothing to do with the drop

I'll post more storys in a TR from Monday, but

At KD I was talking to an opp about rebel yell only having 1 out of the 4 possible trains it could of ran (note, this was memorial day, and it was busy!)

Me - Hey, why can't you run more trains?

Op - Because theres only 1

Me - But, what about the one down there

Op - No thats the one they use for testing, in case it falls off.

Me - Okay? (You probley know what I'm thinking ) Well, why can't you open the other side

(Note: the train was just in the station)

Op - Theres not enough workers here (yet, theres like 6 in the side I was in)

Me - Well, you can put some workers in there

Op - It takes a lot of peeps to run the car, do you not know?

Me -

-Matthew K.

Why do I get the feeling that the ride operator used better grammar than you?

If some of you rode anyone of the Bizarros this weekend you might have heard what I heard at GADV. "What happened to Medusa?" "How long did it take them to build this ride?" "Wasn't Batman & Robin: The Chiller in this spot?" "The new Bizarro has like 10 upside downs!" I mean could the GP be any dumber when it comes to coasters

Or as the GP might say, "Can coaster geeks be any dorkier?"