TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Weirdest Things The 'GP' Have Said

tat's juzt bahd speling

Haha I was talking to this person on AIM tonight who's going to sfmm soon, (s)he asked me if (s)he should go on Batman because she didnt want to get her feet cut off like that person on the Superman Tower of Power

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The other day in class, I was talking to one of my friends about coasters, after seeing me editing a coaster segment for a project. We got to talking about Flight Deck and riding in the rear, and he asked me "Hey, doesn't it go faster in the back?" I told him that that's really a misconception...it is definitely more forceful as it's the 'end of the whip' but it gets back to the station/airgate spot the same time as the front does. He understood so I'll give him credit for that.

The other day at work, I was helping getting this dvd duplication job done for a school's digital yearbook, and a fellow worker tested a dvd to make sure it played. He called me over to check out the '3d' roller coaster it had (It was an RCT3 track) and it had my attention. At first, I thought "Oh god...middle school kids, RCT3, and not being inclined to coasters." I was wrong. What they had looked and felt like a B&M to me, right down to the order of elements it had, and the traditional midcourse brakes.

Never let the GP write articles on theme parks. Our school likse to print out articles and give them out. There was a section on parks near by. This is what the writers says about Kings Dominion.

With both classic wooden coasters like Hurler and Rebel Yell, and brand new rides like Hypersonic XLC, Flight Of Fear, Anaconda, and Dominator

And in another section about what some girl thought on Amusment Parks in gerenal.

They are overrated. You pay so much for one day, then you can't take food, the rides don't work sometimes, and you have to wait in long lines and everything is expensive. Why be in a line for fifteen minutes for a one minute ride. And on top of all that, you can get hurt. What if the seatbelt goes when you're through a loop? You have a high chance of dying. No if, ands, or buts about it. A complete waste of a nice day

^Not sure if this is really appropriate but..

Haha I know a kid who's afraid to go on coasters because he thinks they might collapse while he's on it. He's a nerd too so he should know about engineering and everything.

At SFDK yesterday while in line for Tony Hawk Big Spin I overheard this:

"Remember that ride called Zonga that used to be here?"

"Yeah they said it was a new ride just because they painted it red and changed the name."

Ok, I can understand why GP might mistake Terminator for Psyclone, but saying that THBS is Zonga? Damn, the only thing besides their location they have in common is they are steel coasters.

There was a father/daughter duo in front of Natalie and I waiting for Diamondback. The little girl was a bit shy of the height requirement and the ride operator politely said, "Oh, she's not quite tall enough to ride" to which the dad replied, "In your opinion."

Written out like that, it doesn't really seem all that funny now. But it was awesome at the time. I mean, there was no opinion about it. Maybe if Natalie told it, it would be funnier.

While waiting to get on Raging Bull, a kid was talking about how many loops it did. He then asked me how many, to which I said there were none and to look at the track. After the ride, the kid said to me "you lied, we did at least 4 loops."

I will never figure out how people can be this wrong. Then again my fiancee has had high school students ask her, and were dead serious, where chocolate milk came from and also asked what is the capital of the US.

^It's so funny how amazingly SF gets away with X2 but nothing else, I also knew someone who thought x2 and x were different

That was the point though. While most would notice its pretty much the same ride, they wanted to give the appearance of a new ride "experience" which they did. I dont think its a bad thing at all.

Considering the trains are all new (even the structural design) and the effects, its NOT the same ride.

At Disneyland a kid was trying to sneak a basketball on the Matterhorn because he heard that there was a basketball hoop inside so he wanted to see if he could make a basket while on the ride.

Now it is true that Walt put a basketball hoop in the mountain for a height requirement it is defiantly not visible to the public.

--Chris

I don't normally hold anything against the GP, but I heard something on Thursday that really made me laugh:

Girl walking past Terminator: "That's the same roller coaster that was always there. Why are they saying it's new?"

Guy: "I know. They just put some new signs on it."

Wow. I heard the same thing from some girls who were in line behind us for Goliath on Saturday night. They were saying that "this new Terminator is the same ride that was always there, just with theming."

Yet people still don't make the connection that X2 is just an upgraded version of X.

Also, at Knott's yesterday, this kid's dad was telling his kid that SFMM has "this same ride like this (pointing to Boomerang) called Riddler's Revenge." I don't see any way how those two can be compared.

Probably because everyone thinks Riddler's Revenge is Deja Vu and Deja Vu can be compared to Boomerang. I think I've heard someone point to Riddler's or ask "which one" it is and someone will say Deja Vu. Then Deja Vu is just...decoration?

Funny because last time I went to SFMM, we were walking towards Riddler's Revenge and there was this group walking behind us. Someone asked "What ride is this?" and someone from the same group responded "Deja Vu!". When Riddler's sign was right in front of them.

Random people in a barber shop talking about how "awesome" CP is...(I kept my mouth shut even though it was very difficult)

"Yeah Millennium Force is one of the biggest roller coasters in the world, it goes crazy fast."

"Really?"

"Yeah, it also has huge amounts of 'airtime' which is where you are flying out of your seat. I was barely touching my seat!!!!"

Millennium Force? Crazy airtime? Bwahahahahaha.

Crazy airtime would be...SROS, or Voyage, or a lot of other rides. In over 100 rides, in all weather and times of day, Ive never gotten crazy airtime on anything but the drop and bunny hill. The other 2 hills there isnt enough speed, nor are they shaped properly to deliver "crazy" airtime with the speed it could carry. That thing could hit 100 at the bottom and it still wouldnt carry enough speed over the 2nd hill to generate anything more than say...-0.5? It barely hits floater (on a consistant basis) as it is. Itll never hit -1, ever on that hill. Same for the hill thats parallel to it.

Quite a shame really. I dont see where the problem was in making that hill 20 or 30ft lower and adding some much needed airtime.