TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Weirdest Things The 'GP' Have Said

My friend on Wednesday said...

"The Dark Knight isn't a roller coaster it's like one of those scenery rides on the trailers you see at the fair!" When I tried to explain to him that it clearly was a roller coaster my opinion was ignored.

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A few months ago our school went to Carowinds and the sky did NOT

look good. Of course it started raining. One of my teachers was going to ride Vortex in the rain. I stopped her and told her it's closed because it was now raining VERY hard. She didn't belive me so she went up to the station only to find it was closed.

Later that day it stopper raining and me and my friend were in line

for Carolina Cobra and a fifteen year old boy goes ''are you guys

scared.'' ''No why''. My friend said. ''This thing goes over 1,000 mph

and has technology that will not be invented until 2030.

^

Picture this......Six Flags Fiesta Texas, 2008.

I was standing in line for a ride on Batman:The Goliath and one kid says to another:

"Yeh, this is like the Goliath at the Six Flags in California, except this one's bigger"

I couldn't help but laugh my ass off.

Or arrange the funerals!

I also got another one yesterday,

Older guy: Is that Cokscrew really the rollercoaster from World Expo 86?

Me: Actually sory to say, but it isn't. The one at Expo 86 is now at Six Flags St. Louis, and it also has a completely different layout than this one. This one was relocated from a closed amusement park in Ontario called Boblo Island.

Older guy: So I was wrong all along?!

^

Guys, I think this thread is intended to display 'weird' things the GP says. Not just common factual problems. It has once again turned into one of those 'WOW this GP person was off like 8 miles an hour, what an idiot' threads. 'It's a heartline spin, not a corkscrew you idiot!' Come on, these aren't weird comments. Let's try to get this back to it's original intentions and not some 'I'm a coaster dork and you are stupid' thread.

Just my thoughts.

Chris.

Today my friend (who knows I am crazy about coasters) came up to me

and told me he was in an argument about Afterburn at Carowinds with another one of my friends. They were fighting because they could not decide ifit was a coaster or not. my friend said it was but, my other friend said it was not because your feet hang and coasters do not do that.

Sitting on the brake run on Magnum the guy in front of me and my friend was talking about how Mean Streak used to be where Magnum is and Magnum used to be where Mean Streak was and just last year the picked them up with big cranes and switched their positions. We started cracking up at the stupidity.

This Monday at SFGAm when we were waiting in line for American Eagle. There is a part were the line splits in two for either the Red side or the Bue side. I heard the most rediculouse thing ever!

"Is that side the whimp-out line?" I mean come on...That's just sad!

This Monday at SFGAm when we were waiting in line for American Eagle. There is a part were the line splits in two for either the Red side or the Bue side. I heard the most rediculouse thing ever!

"Is that side the whimp-out line?" I mean come on...That's just sad!

It was more sad because there was a visibly longer line for the wimp-out line than apparently for the ride itself!

In SFH people ask why la via volta only runs witte one train

Seriously. People. Are. Weird. Its a frickin booooomerang! Ummmm. I was in line for Millenium Force, about a 20 minute wait or so...not too bad and the people behind us asked right when wegot in the station if MF was faster than Raptor. Ummm. IDK since MF is x2 bigger than Raptor. wtf. Anothe time we w3ere just getting off and this person said "Man I wish they brought back the Carolina Cyclone...".

In SFH people ask why la via volta only runs witte one train

Seriously. People. Are. Weird. Its a frickin booooomerang! Ummmm. I was in line for Millenium Force, about a 20 minute wait or so...not too bad and the people behind us asked right when wegot in the station if MF was faster than Raptor. Ummm. IDK since MF is x2 bigger than Raptor. wtf. Anothe time we w3ere just getting off and this person said "Man I wish they brought back the Carolina Cyclone...".

C'mon, you can't blame them for this. They're the GP. They don't know. They don't intently research this stuff like we do. That mistake isn't as bad compared to some of the other stuff in this thread. At least they knew the names! But, that second one is hilarious. Now, that's one you can laugh at the sheer ignorance.

Going to a park by yourself, you hear some intresting things. Most of the time, it is just small facts, nothing big. But tonight I got these 2 gems from Demon line at SF Great America.

The first was in line outside the station on the cut backs. A kid, who was right at the 48 or so height requirement was talking about how excited he was to go upside down for the first time. Then his mom, looking directly at the ride as it passes through a loop says "This ride does not go upside. If it did, people would fall out and die." I simply stood there stunned.

The second was an employee. Someone asked why the black train was not on the track. Simple enough question. To which she says "It was going 30 MPH to fast and was dangerous." Which made me break out laughing as I had rode it in the last week or so.

It is amazing to think what other gems one misses in line for a ride. Got to love the GP.

My friend shocked me tonight. He said that Terminator sounds stupid because it is smooth and not rough. He also said that he liked Boomerang better than Xcelr8r. He also thinks Psyclone is one of the best woodies ever. That is one of the weirdest things I heard the Gp say.