TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

What's your most hated coaster company?

I really want to know if there are any terrible coaster companies out there. Now, everybody has their opinions and I respect that, but in my opinion, I hate Pinfari. Every Pinfari coaster I've ridden was a a bad experience for me and lacked thrills and I have yet to ride a good one. Sure I had jumps and all but not so much thrills. So TPR forum, what's your worst company?

P.S. If you want to add your favorite, be my guest. I adore Maurer Sohne.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The worst coasters in the world are the ones used in cartoons. They don't even understand that you can't have hills higher than the initial lift. I think their 2 worst designs have been the Vomit Comet from an episode of Foster's Home For Imaginary Friends and the coaster from the first Despicable Me.

The worst coasters in the world are the ones used in cartoons.

And in GTA V. I know it's based on Santa Monica West Coaster and it's quite well modeled, but the physic is just full retard.

Back on topic I disagree saying Vekoma is the worst company. Even when their coasters were rough and shaky as hell (Until a few years so. Now they're decent), they had awesome ideas.

A Boomerang is amazing! Think about it: you go upside down 6 times, forward, backward... and everything in a compact triangle shape. Beside the trackwork which is awful, on the paper it's a very cool ride, and a good looking one.

Not to mention the Flying coaster, the Motorbike, the Tilt coaster, mine trains, etc.

Now that they can make them smooth, I wish the best for them.

Vekoma has made a number of improvements over the years, and not everything they've done in bad (and they've done some good work with Disney). I guess I'll go along with Golden Horse, as they build crappy copies of other companies' crappy designs (for example, their knockoff SLCs). They even got kicked out of IAAPA last year.

Vekoma has made a number of improvements over the years, and not everything they've done in bad (and they've done some good work with Disney). I guess I'll go along with Golden Horse, as they build crappy copies of other companies' crappy designs (for example, their knockoff SLCs). They even got kicked out of IAAPA last year.

Kicked out of IAAPA? How on earth does that happen?

Mine is definitely Vekoma. Carolina Cobra was vile even with the new restraints, and they made my least favorite coaster (Ninja at SFOG) as well. Gerstlauer's close second, if Dollywood hadn't done such a good job with Mystery Mine's theming I'd never ride it.

They even got kicked out of IAAPA last year.

Haha, that's priceless! And yet, Golden Horse is the "best" of all the chinese companies. There's worst...

But sometimes I like chinese knock-off, because they can make you laugh out of WTF.

Exemple with this looping+corkscrews knock-off.

Looks pretty normal, uh? Wait for it.

It's an air-compressed launch coaster!!

More pictures.

(By the way, is there any "weird/odd coaster" thread out here?)

Kicked out of IAAPA? How on earth does that happen?

IAAPA has zero tolerance for trademark, copyright, patent, or any other kind of infringement or "theft" in any of their events or organizations. It would be insulting to any other company there to have to look at Golden Horse flagrantly stealing their concepts.

On that note, I vote Golden Horse. I have never ridden a single ride from them, but I don't play their kind of game in business or in life in general.

I agree on Golden Horse. I never did or going to ride one of their rides until they stop to stealing stuff. I don't like it when companies need to steal from others to get their products.

I must say they aren't actually the brightest even, to steal from Vekoma? come on, they're not the worst, but surly aren't the best either.

SBF Visa Group.

At 36 feet tall, Funcoaster is one of the worst, if not the worst coaster I have ridden. Horribly designed and manufactured. It hasn't even been running for a season and parts of it look like they are falling apart already. It definitely was a low cost, low quality coaster.

SBF Visa Group.

At 36 feet tall, Funcoaster is one of the worst, if not the worst coaster I have ridden. Horribly designed and manufactured. It hasn't even been running for a season and parts of it look like they are falling apart already. It definitely was a low cost, low quality coaster.

They also made the spine-crushingly painful looking Cool and Fresh, A.K.A., the Tower Coaster. You know, from RCT3? I've heard that it's on the fair circuit in Australia right now.

Based upon examples I have ridden, I'd say Togo by far (for those I haven't ridden, I'd agree about Golden Horse - ripping off other designers speaks volumes about a company, and the coaster by that other manufacturer linked to in the above post looks horribly painful!). I've never ridden one that I liked (have only ridden two that I know of, Windjammer and Shockwave at KD, and both totally sucked), and it seems that most people have little good to say about Togo coasters that are operating today.

As for my most-liked coaster company, that would be Intamin, with B&M a close second.

^Could be worse. Could have Volare clones all over the place instead of SLCs.

If this came to pass, C'thuhlu would rise and humanity would be doomed.

As for Togo, while, yes, they're responsible for a number of bad rides in the U.S. (such as the defunct Windjammer), I've actually come across some good Togo rides in Japan (such as the Ultra Twisters and even a few of their stand-up coasters) thanks to TPR.

I don't hate any particular company, moreso I hate the parks that purchase their demonic death machines, and perpetuate the misery. Main offenders there would be the former Paramount parks, were executives getting kickbacks from Vekoma and Togo?

From my travels, it looks like Vekoma has been able flog more misery machines to cheapskate or gullible parks around the world.

I also find it rather apt that a park in North Korea has a Volare.

They got kicked out? Are they THAT bad?