TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Worst Ride Name

^^ I have nothing against the Chinese people but some of the English names they pick for some coasters are odd (Angry Birds for a S&S El Loco? I can understand a kiddie or family coaster themed to Angry Birds but not a coaster with a 120* drop and 2 inversions). Likewise I think Dinoconda at China Dinosaurs Park is a pretty great name along with Extreme Rusher at Happy Valley Beijing.

• Replies 607
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They have a rollercoaster called the wiener looping. Come on, for real?

Wiener looping opened in Vienna Austria. Germans, and Austrians, do not call the city of Vienna by the same name we do. They call it Wein. Does that help it make more sense to you?

^ I don't get why people think that's a bad name. I mean, "Race for your life Charlie Brown" (The movie) is about a river rafting competition... and the ride is a log flume... I think it fits.

I've never heard of it as a movie and to say "Race For Your Life, Charlie Brown" makes it sound like if he loses the race he's a dead man.

It is a pretty obscure reference to a pretty old movie. Anybody remember the first Peanuts flick, A Boy Named Charlie Brown? That came out when I was a kid.

I'm still waiting for "It's a Good Day to Die, Charlie Brown," or "Charlie Brown's Big Score."

Edited by cfc

• 1 month later...

Wiener looping opened in Vienna Austria. Germans, and Austrians, do not call the city of Vienna by the same name we do. They call it Wein. Does that help it make more sense to you?

Probably just a typo, but wein is wine in German

Probably just a typo, but wein is wine in German

Yes, Wien, not Wein. It was a typo.

I just don't like any of the over used coaster names like wildcat or boomerang. Part of what appeals to me about riding a new coaster is anything unique about it, but when I ride something with an overused name, I don't feel like I should expect anything unique.

• 4 months later...
Big Bad John...

wat

I keep telling people I actually thought the Big Bad John ride sign was for an exceedingly well-themed restroom facility.

In fact, I was just trying to think of what the hell that ride was called and it took me a while, even though I've now ridden it.