TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Worst Ride Name

• Replies 607
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One that get's on my nerves are cookie-cutter names. Prety much any Six Flags coaster with the name Superman in it for example. The coasters themselves might be above average, but it gets old trying to specify which Superman you're talking about. Also within the same ballpark is Goliath.

Other than that, I'd probably have to agree with Girrafica. Weird transition for me going from the dry park section's Thanksgiving theme to the water park's Africa theme.

Frankly I think Cedar Fair overused the name "Woodstock Express"

Eh. I think it's a better name than "Ghoster Coaster."

Awww I thought Ghoster Coaster was an awesome name when I was a kid

Today, Flight of Fear sounds a bit tacky for an adult coaster. And Hurler sounds more nauseating than thrilling (although the ride was pretty good)

I thought the name Ghoster Coaster was OK when they still had the Scooby Doo theming, but it was just sort of odd without it.

Ghoster Coaster with or without Snoopy instead of Scooby-Doo is just as "generic" as Boo Blasters on Boo Hill!

• 4 weeks later...

It's funny how utterly subjective this is, just as an example I think Cheetah Hunt is a great name for a ride. Memorable, and totally appropriate for the ride. Cheetahs are known for their acceleration, and it is a launch coaster, plus all the fast turns low to the ground, not unlike a cheetah chasing prey through the wilderness.

Hurler, now THAT is a terrible name. Of course, Zumanjaro: Drop of Doom is also ridiculous. At least Lex Luthor could ostensibly be dropping you to your doom. Is Zumanjaro some kind of African deity? Are we being sacrificed in some extremely convoluted tribal ritual that involves dropping us off a 400 ft tower?

^ By the same token, Kingda Ka is also horrible in every way.

Six Flags blows with naming things. Either they're reusing names left and right or they're coming up with meaningless ethnic-sounding crap that is borderline racist.

Edit - Also, YOLO.

^ By the same token, Kingda Ka is also horrible in every way.

Six Flags blows with naming things. Either they're reusing names left and right or they're coming up with meaningless ethnic-sounding crap that is borderline racist.

Edit - Also, YOLO.

Well, I certainly don't think Kingda Ka is that bad of a name. At Least Six Flags doesn't use names that sound too generic like "Flight Deck", "Backlot Stunt Coaster", or "Ghoster Coaster"!