TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

You Might Be A Coaster Nerd If....

^ I'm actually kind of afraid to do that on Sleeping Bull. If it has seat belts, I would do that because a tiny seat belt can keep me on the seat even if I fell asleep.

The thing is that either it was slightly loose or it was not super tight but quite firmly holding my legs (that's the thing with these ratchet restraints) so I chose to leave it a bit more open. However, after the turnaround I accidentally (and it didn't require much) locked it one more click.

This is something I wouldn't do on rides with stronger air. I did it there because it's only floater air and it was perfectly fine. When I got my first ride on skyrush I did tighten it properly, although, by the end, it was even more (quite painfully)

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When you hit the gas to get your car up to speed and vocally make LSM sounds. (Guilty)

I am completely guilty of the opposite..

Just today I had to come to a sudden stop at a traffic light. While applying my brakes (both quickly and smoothly to prevent nose dive/lift) I audibly made the Intamin magnetic brake run deceleration noise, "WOOOO-OOO-OOooooooo". This thread is Hilarious!

^Guilty

...you have a hard time seeing shows or other entertainment at a park when there are coasters nearby.

If (like me) you just don't do anything other than riding coasters (or some flats) at all

If, while living far from any parks, you always make sure you get to the local carnival absolutely every time it comes to town, because you're that desperate for rides, and suffering from withdrawal.

If, at the carnival, the Carnys give you extra long/intense rides, respecting you for being an enthusiast (always happens to me... Got a 20 min ride on the zipper, with the op starting/stopping the ride to spin my cage constantly.

You might be a coaster Nerd if you can name all the elements of a coaster while riding it.

Actually I remember that before me and my friends went to portaventura this month I had told some of them about "THE ZERO G ROLL" and how it was/felt. So when we were riding Dragon Khan I told one of them: "when we get close to the zero g I will shout to warn you" and then when we were leaving the dive loop I started shouting his name and saying: "Here comes the zero g!!" but even though he heard me, I guess he was too distracted/exited to pay any attention. Anyway, it was a funny situation.

And, yeah, very guilty.

If you have the layout of every B&M coaster memorized.

Yup. Check.

If you know Intamin can get a lot smoother than B&M.

I have experience "as smooth" but not smoother, of course, if you choose a B&M like Mantis, then...

But which ones were you talking about?

^I also found rides like storm runner super smooth, I just wouldn't say smoothER than B&Ms because many of them are also completely flawless in that area.
I haven't been on a B&M as smooth as those three Intamins. B&M rattles which is really annoying. Plus most of them use OTSR's.

If you have at least one coaster piece in your collection. A wheel, a lap bar etc.

If when you look at some handrails you imagine they could be nice coaster sections, sometimes.

For instance, in the building where my grandparents live, there is a bit of handrail on each floor that does a sort of steep twisty transition and I thought: That would make a great first drop!

If you have had a lengthly discussion on the benefits of different types of restraints

If you have TPR, TPR's Youtube channel, and RCDB all bookmarked/favorited

If you quote TPR POVs, Photo TRs, or forum posts while on a coaster

If you notice airtime in weird places (car rides, kiddie coasters, etc.)

If you are capable of identifying parks and coasters just from a picture, with no other hint

If, when a roller coaster is seen in a commercial or TV show, you try to figure out which one it is

If family/friends challenge you to do either of the last two.

If you count down the days until a new coaster opens.

If you have discussed if there is a difference between negative Gs and airtime.

If you have had a lengthly discussion on the benefits of different types of restraints

If you have TPR, TPR's Youtube channel, and RCDB all bookmarked/favorited

If you quote TPR POVs, Photo TRs, or forum posts while on a coaster

If you notice airtime in weird places (car rides, kiddie coasters, etc.)

If you are capable of identifying parks and coasters just from a picture, with no other hint

If, when a roller coaster is seen in a commercial or TV show, you try to figure out which one it is

If family/friends challenge you to do either of the last two.

If you count down the days until a new coaster opens.

If you have discussed if there is a difference between negative Gs and airtime.

Happy to say that I am guilty of all of these

You might be a coaster nerd if you carry multiple park passes in your wallet at all times, even during the off season.

I do this.

If you look at random non-coaster objects and they remind you of a lift hill and first drop, and then you start wishing there was a coaster there so you could ride it