TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

You Might Be A Coaster Nerd If....

You might be a coaster need if... When driving down the interstate you have this undieing feeling to remove your car's roof so You can feel the air rushing at 70+ mph with hands up!

You might be a coaster need if... When driving down the interstate you have this undieing feeling that a roller coaster is about to appear above the horizon.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You might be a coaster need if... When driving down the interstate you have this undieing feeling to remove your car's roof so You can feel the air rushing at 70+ mph with hands up!

You might be a coaster need if... When driving down the interstate you have this undieing feeling that a roller coaster is about to appear above the horizon.

Or if you drive down the highway just to see a rollercoaser

Interesting, if I know I won't be able (for some reason) to ride a coaster, I will rather not see it at all. I feel it would be a bit masochist (for me) to pass by a coaster I won't be riding very soon.

Interesting, if I know I won't be able (for some reason) to ride a coaster, I will rather not see it at all. I feel it would be a bit masochist (for me) to pass by a coaster I won't be riding very soon.

You have a good point, every time I see a coaster on the interstate I have this urge to pull over and find a way to ride it! I would be late for everything.

You might be a coaster nerd if when you hear certain objects falling on the floor (and they bounce more than once) you immediately think of the sound intamin accelerator coasters make when the launch dog is released into the catch car.

You might be a coaster nerd if when you hear certain objects falling on the floor (and they bounce more than once) you immediately think of the sound intamin accelerator coasters make when the launch dog is released into the catch car.

I admit, I do this as well.

You know you're a coaster nerd if you know when and how to brace on an SLC.

If you can recite from memory the entire history of your home park. Which I can (Legoland)

Guilty as heck on this one, I can remember SFOG's history from Jolly Rodger's Island to Wheelie being removed.

You might be a coaster nerd if you bike on the sidewalk instead of the road to get airtime.

If you became a Disney nerd only because of the theme parks

I went to Fun Spot during the week of IAAPA, and after several rides on White Lightning I got bored and kinda jealous of the park workers because they were having so much fun. I wanted to stop riding and just operate White Lightning or simply work in their Rides Department for the rest of the night.

I'm so nerdy that I wanted to give up a virtual ERT session to operate a coaster.

If when you were riding your bike, changed gear and the chain made a very particular sound you immediately thought: that sounded like a B&M invert disengaging the lift hill.

Wow, even I am surprised by how nerdy that was.

• 4 weeks later...

If you intentionally make the aforementioned sound and pretend you are on a B&M Invert

If you have ever shouted a quote from a TPR pov when on a coaster

If you have been in a discussion over rather or not the newer B&Ms are all forceless (I don't think the hypers are, going off of Intimidator)

If you insist on riding both sides of a racing or dueling coaster

If you can instinctively tell where the airtime is on a coaster