TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

TPR's North East USA Tour Official Report!

http://themeparkreview.com/parks/pimages/Funtown_Splashtown_USA/TPRs_North_East_2011_Tour/284393_10150284247153566_194340658565_7710170_3596560_n.jpg

I love this picture. And I believe it's the first time Sharktopus has made it into an update! I'm sure his appearance fee will go up now.

I loved both parks. Wish more parks had indoor flat rides, as they are always fun. And while Excalibur was rough in some spots, riding it at night at least kept the bugs from attacking you (I personally ended up with 25 mosquito bites on my legs that evening).

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh...and Astrosphere was great, I just wish it were faster!!!

Agreed. I do really wonder if it one point it was faster, and that made people miss some of the lighting effects, and possibly make people sick. I can truly appreciate the hard balance they must have between putting on a good "show" and having a kick-ass ride.

Edited by robbalvey

Personally I was happy with the speed of Astrosphere and as robb said they found the balance so it was just fast enough to have fun but still see and take in the whole show. However It would have been really great and put the whole thing over the top if they had sped the ride up a bit more for a crazy finale.

Old Orchard Beach totally surprised me! I was expecting something Jersey Shoreish and it was WAY nicer than that.

Agreed! The bathrooms were so much cleaner than other parks too!

Can we go back on the trip? I am missing all the amazing people and work is just not as fun as this trip was!

Personally I was happy with the speed of Astrosphere and as robb said they found the balance so it was just fast enough to have fun but still see and take in the whole show. However It would have been really great and put the whole thing over the top if they had sped the ride up a bit more for a crazy finale.

I thought it would have been awesome if they projected really freaky images on the walls...like chickens getting their heads cut off and centipedes crawling over people's faces (ala Willy Wonka's trippy boat ride). They could even use the music from the boat ride scene...it would be wonderful.

I thought it would have been awesome if they projected really freaky images on the walls...like chickens getting their heads cut off and centipedes crawling over people's faces (ala Willy Wonka's trippy boat ride). They could even use the music from the boat ride scene...it would be wonderful.

Now you've just taken it to a whole new level.

That video of Astrosphere brought back so many memories. I remember riding the Gyrosphere at Seabreeze back when it still played Fire On High (the intro used to creep me out), back when it was actually dark inside the dome at the beginning of the ride, back when it actually ran at full speed for a short part of the cycle, and, oh yeah, back when it actually existed. I really do miss that ride. Thanks for posting that Robb!

The whole Maine day of this trip was awesome. Lunch at Jimmy the Greek's was good, Palace Playland/Old Orchard Beach was a fun little diversion for a couple hours, and Funtown Splashtown U.S.A. was probably my favorite small park of the trip. Excalibur was way better than I expected, and was probably the smoothest CCI I've been on (Raven is very close, however), Dragon's Descent waited at the top for what seemed like a really long time, and the Astrosphere was probably the best Scrambler I'll ever ride. I didn't mind the slow speed, it was just as much about the show elements as it was about the ride. Splashtown was also a really good waterpark for its size and I can't wait to see what it looks like after the expansion.

Does anyone remember when Knott's Berry Farm had an indoor scrambler?

I remember seeing the building for that, but never rode it as I wasn't sure what it was. It's too bad they moved it outdoors, although being under Windjammer was a little different. Now the park doesn't even have a scrambler anymore because Pony Express replaced it.

Dragon's Descent waited at the top for what seemed like a really long time

Yeah that ride was pretty good plus the view from the top was beautiful! Astrosphere was great also! Parks should see that it's the little things that can make the overall experience great at a park!