TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Over Georgia (SFOG) Discussion Thread

It's a trap.

keep in mind, he apparently likes pain.

his avatar is that awful "Swat" thing, that Astroworld installed towards the end.

hands down, the worst flat we have ever been on. . . absolutely hated it.

As bad as they ride, you can't deny that Vekoma makes some nice looking coasters. I personally really enjoy the look of SLC's although the ride experiences are somewhat lacking.

Considering these are getting the same trains that Carowinds installed on their Boomerang, I'm pretty happy that SFOG is willing to spend this much money on a Vekoma. Of course, who knows if it was corporate's decision or the group that has the majority interest in the park pushing for corporate to make the changes. I'm sure the new trains and track work was not cheap at all, but they were very necessary. If this improves the ride significantly, and they just do something to keep Georgia Cyclone from destroying itself again, SFOG may have one of the best coaster collections in the chain.

It's a trap.

keep in mind, he apparently likes pain.

his avatar is that awful "Swat" thing, that Astroworld installed towards the end.

hands down, the worst flat we have ever been on. . . absolutely hated it.

I've been on worse. Like Mind Warp at Martin's Fantasy Island

Considering these are getting the same trains that Carowinds installed on their Boomerang, I'm pretty happy that SFOG is willing to spend this much money on a Vekoma. Of course, who knows if it was corporate's decision or the group that has the majority interest in the park pushing for corporate to make the changes. I'm sure the new trains and track work was not cheap at all, but they were very necessary. If this improves the ride significantly, and they just do something to keep Georgia Cyclone from destroying itself again, SFOG may have one of the best coaster collections in the chain.

It's incredible to me that this Ninja upgrade wasn't something that was being trumpeted as a "new for 2016". Superman Ride of Steel at SFNE has been marketed as a new attraction 3 times so far- once when it was actually new, once after getting a new coat of paint, being re-named, and receiving some shitty on-board audio, and again for being re-painted in it's original colors, being re-named a second time, and having it's shitty on-board audio replaced with shitty on-board VR.

As someone who enjoys Ninja, I'm happy to see them use their resources to maintain and improve it rather than ripping it out and adding some of the garbage that other Six Flags parks have been seeing lately.

adding some of the garbage that other Six Flags parks have been seeing lately.

RMC's, S&S free spins, star flyers, giant frisbees, JL dark rides, next-gen Enterprises, etc are garbage?

californias.gif.8b1132eed00674708fd4e14e5b785e72.gif

RMC's, S&S free spins, star flyers, giant frisbees, JL dark rides, next-gen Enterprises, etc are garbage?

It should go without saying that RMC's are not what I meant. I wouldn't consider it an upgrade if Ninja (or some other full sized coaster)had been replaced with any of the others, though.

Edited by Ed Farmer

Ninja is looking fantastic with the new paint! Excited to hear how these enhancements improve the ride. I'm probably 1 of the few who actually didn't think the ride was all that bad, but then again the last time I rode it was 12 years ago lol

This investment isn't terribly surprising to me though. Making a few track tweaks, new trains, and a fresh coat of paint is for sure cheaper than bulldozing the entire thing and installing a new attraction in it's place. The trains needed to be replaced anyways IMO because from my understanding, the park scrapped the original black & red Vekoma trains a few years back and replaced them with the old blue & red Arrow trains that came from Shockwave at SFGA, which as a matter of fact are even older than the original Vekoma ones.

I've heard that S&S Free Spins are worse/more intense than Green Lantern at SFMM, So I would consider it Garbage

Overall, I'm shocked that Six Flags is improving 2 of their bad coasters in 1 year. SFMM's Revolution and SFOG's Ninja

^Except Revolution wasn't considered bad until the OTSR's were installed. The ride was a good ride before, now it's good again.

Ninja was never considered good from the beginning. Personally I don't find the layout all that bad, it's the track shaping that makes it bad. The way I like to describe it is it rides like a non-inverted SLC. Short but intense layout, badly-made track, and lots of headbanging/neck-chopping. The name Ninja was always very fitting.

I've heard that S&S Free Spins are worse/more intense than Green Lantern at SFMM, So I would consider it Garbage

Overall, I'm shocked that Six Flags is improving 2 of their bad coasters in 1 year. SFMM's Revolution and SFOG's Ninja

I really hope this is sarcasm. I have only heard that the S&S Freespins are much better than the ZacSpins. I'm not sure where you've heard this. It certaintly wasn't on TPR from someone who has actually ridden it.

Also, do you understand that SFMM had Green Lantern modified by adding weight to the bottom of the seats? It's not Intamin's fault the ride sucks. From what I've read, the other ZacSpins actually really good rides.

I'm also not sure how Six Flag's trend of improving current rides is bad? Do we really have to go here? Have we not complianed long enough for the improvement of the parks and NOW we are complaining?

Lastly, dig below the surface some. Are you familiar with SFSTL's autrocious Ninja, the Vekoma-Arrow frankenstein? The station of the ride is always almost completely empty. How dare Six Flag's leave this low-ridership POS on a valualbe plot of land! We enthusiasts are entitled to a ride to replace the Ninja, are we not?

However, I have PERSONALLY talked to the Director of Rides of SFStL (who is pictured in my avatar) and he told me that the Ninja has one of the best riderships in the entire park. It simply has a steady input of riders hourly.

Six Flags knows what they are doing. There is a reason for what they have done.

Hello! First time visitor to SFOG. If we planned a visit on a Friday in May or June (planned to go this Friday but the weather is looking bad), would anyone please advise on whether we should get the FLASH pass for a Friday visit to SFOG?? or does the pass really only beneficial a weekend visit??

I always wait and buy the flash pass at the park.. Sometimes you need one sometimes you don't.. I wait to see what the crowds are.. If I buy online and it's not a busy day I would hate myself for wasting the money lol.. I don't mind spending an extra $5 on it at the park

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Hello! First time visitor to SFOG. If we planned a visit on a Friday in May or June (planned to go this Friday but the weather is looking bad), would anyone please advise on whether we should get the FLASH pass for a Friday visit to SFOG?? or does the pass really only beneficial a weekend visit??

I wouldn't buy Flash pass for a Friday visit, but that's just me.

I really hope this is sarcasm. I have only heard that the S&S Freespins are much better than the ZacSpins. I'm not sure where you've heard this. It certaintly wasn't on TPR from someone who has actually ridden it.

Also, do you understand that SFMM had Green Lantern modified by adding weight to the bottom of the seats? It's not Intamin's fault the ride sucks. From what I've read, the other ZacSpins actually really good rides.

I'm also not sure how Six Flag's trend of improving current rides is bad? Do we really have to go here? Have we not complianed long enough for the improvement of the parks and NOW we are complaining?

Lastly, dig below the surface some. Are you familiar with SFSTL's autrocious Ninja, the Vekoma-Arrow frankenstein? The station of the ride is always almost completely empty. How dare Six Flag's leave this low-ridership POS on a valualbe plot of land! We enthusiasts are entitled to a ride to replace the Ninja, are we not?

However, I have PERSONALLY talked to the Director of Rides of SFStL (who is pictured in my avatar) and he told me that the Ninja has one of the best riderships in the entire park. It simply has a steady input of riders hourly.

Six Flags knows what they are doing. There is a reason for what they have done.

Whoever told you that S&S Free Spins is worse than Green Lantern at SFMM is an idiot. Batman at SFFT is an awesome ride and I bet The Joker at SFGAdv will be too. I'd be glad to get a coaster like that at SFOG. I'm also glad that Ninja is being renovated. Yes, it was a crap coaster...But it they fix the trains and the track...I believe it can be a good ride. I for one am optimistic and enjoy what Six Flags is doing. Not thrilled about the long ass waits for the VR stuff, but overall, I can see what Six Flags is doing is a good thing.

Sorry if this has been discussed lately, but how are operations doing as the season goes on? Is DDD getting any better? Are they more consistently running 2 or 3 trains? I'm visiting in July for the first time and I'm hoping that at the very least, things are trending in the right direction.

So wait, you haven't actually ridden a S&S Free Spin but have already formed an opinion that they are garbage? If anything is a POS it's that shitty Zac Spin. There's a reason no one has built another one since GL.

Sorry if this has been discussed lately, but how are operations doing as the season goes on? Is DDD getting any better? Are they more consistently running 2 or 3 trains? I'm visiting in July for the first time and I'm hoping that at the very least, things are trending in the right direction.

Daredevil Dive operations are awful now with the VR, I always thought they were decent before considering the already low capacity. I haven't been since April, but apparently accoroding to what I've heard Mindbender is back to two trains, so that should help it's capacity. As for the other rides their operations were about standard to what SFOG is used to, Scorcher is still painfully slow, but honestly I think that's more of a GP issue, you'd think after 17 years they would comprehend the fact that you have to actually stand on a stand up coaster, but we all know how that goes.

The new name for Ninja is...

Blue Hawk.

Oh, man. Really? My least fave of the three suggestions. American Eagle would have worked so much better next to GASM. Ah well, Six Flags gonna do Six Flags.

Daredevil Dive operations are awful now with the VR, I always thought they were decent before considering the already low capacity. I haven't been since April, but apparently accoroding to what I've heard Mindbender is back to two trains, so that should help it's capacity. As for the other rides their operations were about standard to what SFOG is used to, Scorcher is still painfully slow, but honestly I think that's more of a GP issue, you'd think after 17 years they would comprehend the fact that you have to actually stand on a stand up coaster, but we all know how that goes.

Yeah but of you wait until later in the day Scorcher is usually a walk on or very short wait.. even on busy days lol

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk