TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

SFNO/Jazzland Discussion Thread

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was driving nearly 2 hours each way for all those Eejanaika updates. With all the tolls it usually coast me nearly 100 bucks each time I went.

Streets and Trips says it would be about $130-150 for you to drive to the park and take pictures this time.. c'mon you know you want to, I know they have a kiddie coaster there somewhere!!

Naturally, I'd like to see This replace T2 at SFKK, but that's nothing short of a dream.

I'd really like to see them put it in one of the non-flagged parks, like Enchanted Village, Great Escape, or Frontier City. Granted, last I heard, SFAW's Serial Thriller is still sitting in GE's parking lot. I guess we'll see what happens.

Give it to Six Flags America!

That's actually the best idea yet.

Do you think it would work being that they already have mind eraser?

I was actually thinking along the lines of it being a great opportunity to get rid of the crap they have in exhange for a quality invert. Like trading in a used car for a better model. Except, the model they'd be getting would still be, um....used.......ah, forget it...you get the idea.

Big US Parks (off the top of my head) that could use a Batman:

- Valleyfair

- Michigan's Adventure

- Kings Island

- SDC

- Dollywood

Note, I did not include anyone that has an SLC, or a park that has a Batman down the street.

^ I didn't really mean that it should go to SFDL. I just meant to that type of park.

I wouldn't really expect SFDL to get it because I think it's more likely the park gets sold.

Wouldn't Batman be of better quality though then the old crap that SF already has sitting around?

This is strange but someone on another site noted that WWL-TV reported on this yesterday saying that it was one of the rides that could be repaired. If only a few track pieces leave, I suppose it could mean the ride is being repaired. If the whole thing goes, I bet the ride will be leaving for good. However, since the lease agreement says that the city owns the ride, this could mean lawsuits unless Six Flags has already discussed this.

I am NOT driving to New Orleans for disassembly photos.

I should hope that SFI would keep the Batman in the chain and sell off one of the POS SLC's they have laying around, but that would be a smart move.

This was originally the Batman clone Gambit from Thrill Valley in Japan. I find it humorous that this is the only B&M ever relocated and it's going to move again.

Thanks for the pics Cal, very interesting!

Wouldn't Batman be of better quality though then the old crap that SF already has sitting around?

I agree, my selfish side is hoping it's heading West to SFDK so we can get rid of that POS Kong, definitely belongs in a lower tiered SF park. We've gotten a few other hand-me-downs, this is one I actually wouldn't mind coming to Vallejo.

It's a shame that we're losing it. It really was one of the better batmans out there. If it were only a repair job, why would they take out the top of the lift and some of the supports? Wouldn't the repair work be needed for pieces lower to the ground? Or maybe in the station? In my opinion, the park won't come back, but with that crazy lease agreement, I'm sure the city will put up some type of fight.

they say they are dismantling it to see if it can be repaired.

Thats a crock o crap.

Everbody like us and in the industry knows it can be salvaged.

Only thing that got flooded was PLC/Control room, and spare parts.

Rest of the coaster and trains were well above the water.

Now maybe they need to do this for the insurance company but I know B&M can flat out say what needs to be done to bring it back and estimate the cost.

Inspections were already done long time ago.

Something just not right about this, or the ins comp is having this done.

Elissa said it, SFI will do anything for money right now.

However, B&M doesn't usually make more than 4 or 5 rides a year. What's on the block for them right now next year?

Griffon

Hollywood Dream: The Ride

Whatever is going into Hard Rock Park

That's it.

The Korean ride may not be this Batman, but it is possible...