TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The "Rant" Thread

robbalvey

When I was going to the store with my Mom, to see if we can find some medicine for me. I saw this guy making out while driving as he was passing us. I can't say much because I can't drive, but arn't you suppose too keep your eyes on the road.

Oh yeah, I would also want to rant on my eyes, ears, and my sense of focusing. They just haven't been working sense last Tuesday.

-Mathew K.

"The weather guy at my work doesn't think that motorcycles should be allowed to park in parking spots." (spaceace12)

In my opinion, motorcycles ought to double up in "regular" parking spaces or there should be smaller spaces for them (some lots have those). Taking up an entire space with a motorcyle is no different than taking up two spaces just because you drive a huge truck or don't want your car's doors dinged.

The ideal thing, obviously, is for parking lot designers to design realistic parking spaces. "Compact" spaces? LOL! Get real. How many times have you seen a dually or a Suburban parked in one of those?

Eric

In my opinion, motorcycles ought to double up in "regular" parking spaces or there should be smaller spaces for them (some lots have those). Taking up an entire space with a motorcyle is no different than taking up two spaces just because you drive a huge truck or don't want your car's doors dinged
I have to agree!! It drives me nutts to come into the parking garage at work and see all the motorcycles taking up one full spot! Geez park together...It seems like such a waste of space!!

On a different note...Grrr. I hate customer service, especially at Wal-Mart. I wish they would educate some of their employees to actually say hello and thank you when you check out. As I checked out yesterday I had to be the one to say hello, and thank you, I received no response. Shouldn't it be the other way around??? Hello, customer service!!! Man that pisses me off!! It just made me mad, and then I went home an watched freaking Romo give away 24 points on turnovers!! That really topped off the day!! Drink Please!! LOL!!!

"The weather guy at my work doesn't think that motorcycles should be allowed to park in parking spots." (spaceace12)

In my opinion, motorcycles ought to double up in "regular" parking spaces or there should be smaller spaces for them (some lots have those). Taking up an entire space with a motorcyle is no different than taking up two spaces just because you drive a huge truck or don't want your car's doors dinged.

The ideal thing, obviously, is for parking lot designers to design realistic parking spaces. "Compact" spaces? LOL! Get real. How many times have you seen a dually or a Suburban parked in one of those?

Eric

I would actually agree, but there is three people that ride bikes to my work. Two park on one side of the building where the sat dishes are and there is only room for two bikes there, so that leaves his the odd one out. If there was enough people here that rode to work, they probalby would put in motorcycle parking.

^Back in the days when I worked as a sacker at Kroger (painful memories ) I sometimes rode my bike into work. They had a bike rack outside the store that I would just use, and U-Lock my bike to it before going into work. I'm a pretty avid cyclist.

While we're on this subject of parking, that reminds me - I'm living with my Dad up in Austin now, and am attending Austin Community College. The South Austin campus is within walking distance of my Dad's apartment, but since classes fill up fast here, most of my classes are at the more distant and larger Northridge and Eastview campuses.

Anyway, parking at the Northridge and Eastview campuses is an absolute nightmare. It's not uncommon to spend 10-15 minutes circling around the various lots (and there are about seven or eight of them total!) trying to find a place to park. When you get there 15 minutes early and are still late to class, you know it's really getting out of hand.

But that's just the first half of my rant. Last week at Northridge while trying to find a spot I saw a guy backing out and leaving, so after he was out I quickly pulled into it. But someone on the other side who apparently wanted that space blasted his horn at me like he was entitled to have that space even though I was closer to it.

Parking can be a real rat race sometimes, if someone beats you to the spot you want, it sucks, but just move on. It really annoys me that so many people down here are egocentric and hypocritical in believing in their own freedom, but not nessecarily in the right for others to have the same freedom.

Ugh, a site that I'm on has this really bad moderator.

Ok, the sites theme is Pokemon right, so of course there is going to be younger people. That and there is no consequence to bad spelling/posting.

(I think the youngest member is a 8 year old)

Anyways, this one mod who is a grammar nazi by the way. Will try to ban members who don't have the perfect post (like me for example). Whats worst is that hes friends with the people who own the site, and I dont see him getting off anytime soon.

Now someone here may think "Well maybe the kid deserved it". Well you've also got to understand that the age limit is a lot more younger, and some of the sites have the same or even more active posters than TPR.

It's 11:00pm...and I still have AP Euro HW to finish...

We had a joke in a class I took years ago that you can tie all European history (after 732 that is, before that it is Roman history) back to the Battle of Tours. So you could always throw that down for all your answers.

My mom thinks that she can take my phone for 3 weeks cause I didn't go to bed until 2 a.m. last night. I got up and was at school on time!

Seriously, What is her problem, I'm usually up till 3 on school nights.

What is your problem....you are 16 and you live under thier house. If you don't like the rules, get your own place.

What is your problem....you are 16 and you live under thier house. If you don't like the rules, get your own place.

I'm fine with my parents rules, they are fair and I agree with all of them. I don't have or ever have had a set "bedtime" which is why I am confused and a little angry.

She walked into my room and took my phone off my nightstand telling me "You can have this back in 3 weeks and maybe you won't be up at 2 a.m." I wasn't even late for class that morning or anything.

BTW, I also bought that phone myself. So it's not hers to take away.

^ Do your parents pay for the minutes? If so, then they can take the phone away.

Are you a legal adult? If not, then your parents can take the phone away.

I had a teenager who'd stay on the phone all night if we let her, so I know where your folks are coming from.

Eric

On a related note I hate phones, always have. Much easier and cheaper to talk to people via AOL messenger. Plus ive always hated the idea of people being able to contact me wherever I am.

Theres my rant

^ A friend of mine keeps his cell phone off most of the time. He says, "I got the phone for MY convenience, not yours." Mine is usually off, too, but I'm awaiting calls from job recruiters right now, so I have to keep it on.

But all in all, I'd rather talk to someone and hear their voice (unless it's the Mrs. yelling at me! ).

Eric

Being at work for a whole month with around a hour of work every day and not being able to leave without using my leave time. If you are going to pay me to sit in my chair and do nothing all day why not let me leave.

Speaking of cell phones, people who call the wrong number and after you tell them that, they keep calling all day long.

Driving on a two lane highway where there are two slow cars driving side by side causing a long traffic jam for no reason.

The big news for anime fans today is that Naruto Shippudden is going to air on television...on Disney X-D! A lot of people are in uproar. I'm just hoping they don't do anything stupid...like censoring the action scenes or changing the voice actors...or getting rid of the Japanese culture.

I have a good feeling they will.

^ Do your parents pay for the minutes? If so, then they can take the phone away.

Are you a legal adult? If not, then your parents can take the phone away.

I had a teenager who'd stay on the phone all night if we let her, so I know where your folks are coming from.

Eric

Nope, I pay for my plan... $50.00 each month...

I think she just took it away so that I would go to bed earlier and not wake her up while I roam the house... I was not up talking on the phone but finishing the 3rd section of my art history assignment...

BTW, I hate texting, I have unlimited Data and Calling... while having a limit of 250 texts a month...