TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Holiday World (HW) Discussion Thread

These people from Holiday World are AMAZING. How many parks would do that?

Someone correct me if I am wrong but aren't the trains on Voyage 7-car long? Are they just leaving both PTCs with 6 or are they going to run the original Voyage train on 7 cars and the refurbished one from Raven on 6?

Thanks for clearing that up!

^LOL! Well I guess if they want to test the weight limit of the new trains that would be a great way to do it!

Thanksgiving's restaurant better put up a limit on how many meals you can buy! Thanksgiving is all about sharing!

These people from Holiday World are AMAZING. How many parks would do that?

Lots of them. No parks operating plan is to have their star attraction down for the busy summer season.

Unfortunately for all the parks throughout the country (and world), there are many variables outside of their control that may prevent quicker action. Location (a park in the U.S. getting a part from Europe), government regulations (for example, if Holiday World were in CA...there would be a months worth of paperwork and testing required to get Raven trains put on Voyage), logistics (some parts require cranes/special work permits/LOTS of man hours to fix), and so on.

Holiday World deserves credit for taking swift action, but it's really unfair to other parks to act like they wouldn't do the same thing.

Just a little nugget from the Facebook page:

Holiday World & Splashin' Safari: The first train will test for 1,000 laps ... the second train will test 200 circuits.

No new trains for this weekend, but I'm still keeping my fingers crossed for Holiwood Nights.

I rode the Voyage four times last Saturday, riding each train in the front seat and back seat once. I actually found the Raven train to be a bit smoother than the Voyage's original blue train. The red train shuffled much less, to the point where the difference was even noticeable off-ride.

Regardless, the coaster was running very well, and the only "rough" section was the first half of the turn around...which is always that way. I had a great visit to the park!

And BTW, both the Raven and Legend seemed to be running much better this year. Holiday World sure does take great care of/pride in their woodies.

^I rode Ravage (Voyage with Raven's PTC) somewhere around 15 times and Voyage with it's original PTC somewhere around 40 times this year (for a total of 55 rides on Voyage) and I could tell Ravage is much smoother, but it also seemed like it didn't go as fast or it didn't produce as much airtime. Overall I like how the original trains ride better, but red trains on Voyage make for amazing photos!

129.JPG.b694268b8aeff1b3cd3d2d2d1101da1d.JPG

Only at Holiday World would the president of the company be the back up bassist

ADMIN EDIT: I went ahead and embedded the video so people knew what they were looking at. Thanks for sharing this with us!

Edited by jedimaster1227

Saw this on HW's page and had to laugh.

Yep oh and HW you should make your lovely ACE(american coaster enthusiest) members the first people on the timberliners at HWN just a suggestion from all of us ACE

I'd laugh even more if they didn't fit when they got there.

Holiday World posted an update to what happened with Pilgrims Plunge....

Thanks for asking about this, Erika. A boat heading back into the station did stop and take on some water, but it did not “sink,” as it was on a track. All involved were helped off the ride and no one was hurt. Adjustments were made to the track this morning to prevent it from happening again.

Regarding the Timberliners on Holiday Worls Facebook page -

Voyage train update: 1. We’ll provide public rides only after

*both* trains are tested and pass State inspection (we hope by June 12); 2. The

first train is scheduled for State inspection this Thursday morning; 3. If the first

train passes, it will run after-hours during the private event HoliWood Nights,

w/ the 2 older trains running during the days until *both* new trains are ready

to go.

-HN attendance list-

1. Nick (angryemobeaver {actually DropZone99 on every other site})

2. Adam (spaceace12)

3. Nathan (kumba830)

I sure hope the Timberliners pass inspection. Then I can say I have ridden ALL three of the different trains that have operated on Voyage!

-HN attendance list-

2. Adam (spaceace12)

3. Nathan (kumba830)

4. Joel(10ryansmith)

I cant wait for this. I really hope that the Timberliner passes this Thursday. I really want to see the difference in the ride of the three trains.

HN attendance list-

2. Adam (spaceace12)

3. Nathan (kumba830)

4. Joel(10ryansmith)

5. Justin (RedB)

I cant wait for this. I really hope that the Timberliner passes this Thursday. I really want to see the difference in the ride of the three trains.

^It will be interesting to see how much of a difference the Timberliner makes.