TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

So are there any trains on Nitro that aren't running like crap? Train A was screwed up at the beginning of the season, now train B and C are running like crap too? Did they ever fix train A?

Last time I was at the park was May 26th and B & C were running perfectly fine, C was especially smooth. I only ride in the back row so I can't speak for the rest of the trains, but I'd find it hard pressed to believe the trains got significantly worse in 2 weeks.

The new wheels on all the trains really slowed the trains down for a while, it was crawling over the airtime hills. So on my most recent ride on Sunday, it appeared that they had finally broken in and I got a really fast and great ride. The airtime was much better than previous visits this year, and the MCBR really had to slam the brakes to slow us down how fast it was. This was on train B. What train do you think is best/worst this season by the way?

Interesting Screamscape rumor...

"2016 - Hyperdrive / New Roller Coaster - Rumor - (6/10/15) For anyone wondering, and for everyone who sent this tidbit in… Six Flags has sent out surveys to many people that allow you to pick your regular Six Flags park, and apparently all, or nearly all, will ask your opinion of adding an S&S 4D Free Fly coaster to your local park, so the survey about Hyperdrive itself for Six Flags Great Adventure doesn’t mean it is going there.

That said… I have been getting rumors over the past week, before hearing about this survey, that the S&S 4D Free Fly coaster was being seriously considered for SFGAdv… I just didn’t believe it in enough to post about it at the time because of the low capacity problem. Meanwhile, one of our sources did provide us with another clue about the SDGAdv installation proposal, claiming that this version would be a little different from the prototype built for Fiesta Texas. This second version would actually be about 20 feet taller, a little longer and would revise the loading platform to include cars moving through a continuously moving loading platform to help increase capacity and keep things always moving"

^LOL. Read a couple pages back before posting.

That survey was sent to everyone, to clarify. Somebody made it sound partial... And its not a lead, as we've discussed. Every park's consideration is the same (Yes, even SFFT and SFMM)

^ He was referring to the news in the second paragraph, and the first paragraph already details the issues with the survey. Actually read a person's post before criticizing it.

^^ These improvements would be a great thing. I'm still holding out for that larger, 10-inversion model, but I certainly wouldn't sneeze at the current model.

^Sorry, I've heard this so much that I assumed you too did not go back and check. My bad.

HOWEVER, the survey states that it will be 12 stories - SFFT is 121 ft. Sorry, not the larger model.

Personally, I really don't like the name or punctuation. RPM is a pretty cool choice IMO.

EDIT: They're rounding off. Just how Kingda Ka is 456 ft, but 45 stories...

Edited by RollerManic

So are there any trains on Nitro that aren't running like crap? Train A was screwed up at the beginning of the season, now train B and C are running like crap too? Did they ever fix train A?

Last time I was at the park was May 26th and B & C were running perfectly fine, C was especially smooth. I only ride in the back row so I can't speak for the rest of the trains, but I'd find it hard pressed to believe the trains got significantly worse in 2 weeks.

The front for train C was butter smooth, but when they let us ride again, I went back to row five and it was a pretty rough ride. A lot of it likely had to do with the wheels and if they needed to be replaced on that particular car.

I'm going to the park for the first time this Saturday. Does anyone know the status of El Toro?

El Toro will be open. The necessary maintenance was completed the day the ride was closed. It was closed all day on Monday and reopened the following day.

Also the park has been pretty empty the last few weekdays. If you have the chance, I'd try and hit the park up soon, like this and next week before the schools around here get out.

Yeah, I think a free-spin would be great at a smaller park like America, Discovery Kingdom, St. Louis...I could even see it really fitting in at Great America. It seems like the perfect fit for Fiesta Texas, too, but I'm not sold on Great Adventure.

I mean, to be fair, I'm not going to complain about a new coaster - I feel like it's been forever since Green Lantern opened - but it definitely seems like a weird choice to me.

^El Diablo doesn't count (Not bashing the ride in any way, I've ridden it and it's pretty good, much better than expected)

Someone brought up an interesting perspective; to ask the question, will this bring me back in the park? That's actually a really good question, and i'm still undecided if an S&S Free Spin would (exclusively) bring me back in the park, though I'm leaning more towards "not really"

^ With the amount of traction B:TR videos had among GP on social media this last year, I think it's safe to say that this would certainly bring a LOT of people to the park, even if it's not going to bring some jaded enthusiasts back.

Not to imply you're "jaded" or anything, just using it as an all-encompassing adjective to cram us all into a stereotype.

Still soooo grateful I have El Toro at my homepark. I remember the 6am announcement like it was yesterday. That ride alone has made up for the last 10 years of the park's coaster timeline.

^I know the question is directed at another poster, but the ride is about the same it was on opening day. A little rougher in spots, specifically the turnaround, but nothing to alter the experience at all. The only thing that's worse compared to opening year is tbe slowed down lift, which made the drop go from having insane ejector to slightly less insane ejector.