TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Dominion (KD) Discussion Thread

p. 776: Rapterra wing coaster announced for 2025!

On 11/21/2023 at 12:33 PM, AmyUD06 said:

Be sure to check the weather forecast before going, since they don't run Twisted Timbers or Dominator (the only two thrill coasters open for Winterfest) if it drops below 40 degrees.

Lol.

I guess I better enjoy the crap out of Nitro on New Year's Day this year because if this is what Cedar Fair is bringing to the Six Flags parks, then it will probably be the final time we can do that. SFNE might as well just shut down in mid October.

1 hour ago, Zand said:

Lol.

I guess I better enjoy the crap out of Nitro on New Year's Day this year because if this is what Cedar Fair is bringing to the Six Flags parks, then it will probably be the final time we can do that. SFNE might as well just shut down in mid October.

I'll trade freezing coaster rides for the everything else that CF does better than Six Flags any day of the week.  There's more to parks than coasters.

• Like 3

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just had a “premium” time at Kings Dominion today.  I sincerely hope the Six Flags era isn’t starting early. 

Took me 9.5 hours to get to Doswell from my place near Cleveland Hopkins airport. The number of crashes on I-495 and 95 is just mind boggling.  Now I have not been to KD since 2009, and I have been visiting Kings Island numerous times a year since 2020, so for me, it was like walking into Bizarro Kings Island.  I will say that KD’s International Street is really quite nice.  The extra trees add a nice touch, and the fountain doesn’t seem to be as long, so it is much easier to traverse.  I Got my FL wristband from a friendly girl at one of the gift shops inside the front gate, which saved me from having to wait in a rather large line at the “Upgrades” counter and headed to get the 3 credits I didn’t yet have.  

First stop, Twisted Timber (credit #277).  Posted wait time for standby was 75+ minutes. Unfortunately the same prison-style shakedown in effect at Cedar Point’s Steel Vengeance is in effect here too.  Also rather unfortunate- single train operations. My FastLane wait was 30 minutes, so I can only imagine what the standby wait was.  My opinion of this ride is that it is completely insane. The first drop inversion was crazy and the constant airtime and quick direction changes made me completely forget this was once a Hurler. Good ride, and I was hoping to ride it again, but the line never seemed to die down. 

The main reason I wanted to visit KD was for Project 305 (credit #278), the lone North American giga I hadn’t yet ridden. One train ops here and about 4-5 minute dispatches resulted in a 30 minute FL wait here also.  I was excited as the train climbed the 305 foot lift, and I was preparing for the much discussed grey out turn.  And yes, it did indeed cause quite the vision blur!  The rest of the ride is basically just high-speed s-turns, which is cool and very Maverick-esque, but as a whole, the ride just didn’t impress me. I’ll take Fury, Millennium Force and even Orion (I know, “not a giga” lol) over this any day.

Since I had to pass Flight of Fear on the way out of P-305, and the posted wait time here was 75+ minutes, so I asked if it too was one train operations.  the guy at the entrance said “no, two!”.  So I figured I’d give it a whirl.  25 minutes later, I was boarding my train. The family behind me said they had waited 90 minutes.  Ugh!  Anyhow, I think this FoF is better than Kings Island’s as the train doesn’t sit on the mid-course for 5 seconds, and it seemed overall darker inside the spaghetti bowl, creating a very disorienting ride experience. Good stuff, but someone needs to turn the volume of the music and sound effects down a bit.  It was truly ear splitting!

My final new credit was Tumbili (#279), my first S&S free spin. Two cars were being used (not sure if there are any more) and the FastLane line was only 10 minutes, so that was a plus. I actually kind of liked this ride. I got 2 full (and very forceful) flips and while the ride is insanely short, it’s smooth and it made me smile after the park was kind of a let down thus far.  

Reptilian was closed when I first arrived, but it was open after I exited Tumbili.  The app said a 60 minute wait, and the FastLane line looked like there was only about 20 people in it so I got in line.  40 minutes later, I was climbing aboard. One train ops and the limited capacity made this a slow moving line.  Too bad because I absolutely love this ride. Why didn’t we get more Mack bobsleds in the States?  Fast, smooth, and the second half feels like you’re going to slide ride out of the trough.  Great ride, but that line… the standby line stretched way back to near Tumbili’s entrance. Yikes!

The singing mushrooms never sang. Boo!

I wrapped up my visit with a one cycle (FastLane) wait for Flying Eagles, which run VERY fast, and a walk-on FastLane ride on the Blue Ridge Tollway antique cars. This had to be the worst antique car ride I have ever done as the steering wheel did absolutely nothing. I bounced off the rail through the whole course. 

Other things that sort of irked me: Racer 75 had one train and one track operating. Grizzly’s line said <15 minutes on the app. The line stretched all the way to the gift shop with, yes, one train.  Don’t think that was 15 minutes! Delirium, Anaconda, Backlot Stunt Coaster, Drop Tower, Windseeker, and the Log Flume were all down. There were no “merger people” for FastLane and ant Tumbili annd Reptilian, no one was even checking.  And lines for food were just ridiculous.  Yes, I know it was Good Friday and the weather was quite nice. But this was a pretty bad day all around and I sincerely felt sorry for people without FastLane as they probably didn’t get on much at all.  

So that’s my review of Kings Dominion. Doubt I’ll be heading back again anytime soon… and that’s a shame because it is a nice park that has a lot of good things going for it. Thanks for reading…

We got lucky a couple years ago when we went in late May.   The weather was threatening and so the park was empty.  We rode I-305 3 times for early ride time and then it went down.   We were able to get 5 rides on Twisted Timbers.   That ride can get brutal with that many rides! 

We were surprised about Tumbili and really enjoyed it. 

We did have a thunderstorm in the middle of the day which lasted for almost 2 hours.  We spent that time eating a sit down lunch. 

We enjoyed the park quite a bit especially since the waits were no more than 5 minutes all day.

On 3/29/2024 at 9:09 PM, BitterOldHag said:

Just had a “premium” time at Kings Dominion today.  I sincerely hope the Six Flags era isn’t starting early. 

Took me 9.5 hours to get to Doswell from my place near Cleveland Hopkins airport. The number of crashes on I-495 and 95 is just mind boggling.  Now I have not been to KD since 2009, and I have been visiting Kings Island numerous times a year since 2020, so for me, it was like walking into Bizarro Kings Island.  I will say that KD’s International Street is really quite nice.  The extra trees add a nice touch, and the fountain doesn’t seem to be as long, so it is much easier to traverse.  I Got my FL wristband from a friendly girl at one of the gift shops inside the front gate, which saved me from having to wait in a rather large line at the “Upgrades” counter and headed to get the 3 credits I didn’t yet have.  

First stop, Twisted Timber (credit #277).  Posted wait time for standby was 75+ minutes. Unfortunately the same prison-style shakedown in effect at Cedar Point’s Steel Vengeance is in effect here too.  Also rather unfortunate- single train operations. My FastLane wait was 30 minutes, so I can only imagine what the standby wait was.  My opinion of this ride is that it is completely insane. The first drop inversion was crazy and the constant airtime and quick direction changes made me completely forget this was once a Hurler. Good ride, and I was hoping to ride it again, but the line never seemed to die down. 

The main reason I wanted to visit KD was for Project 305 (credit #278), the lone North American giga I hadn’t yet ridden. One train ops here and about 4-5 minute dispatches resulted in a 30 minute FL wait here also.  I was excited as the train climbed the 305 foot lift, and I was preparing for the much discussed grey out turn.  And yes, it did indeed cause quite the vision blur!  The rest of the ride is basically just high-speed s-turns, which is cool and very Maverick-esque, but as a whole, the ride just didn’t impress me. I’ll take Fury, Millennium Force and even Orion (I know, “not a giga” lol) over this any day.

Since I had to pass Flight of Fear on the way out of P-305, and the posted wait time here was 75+ minutes, so I asked if it too was one train operations.  the guy at the entrance said “no, two!”.  So I figured I’d give it a whirl.  25 minutes later, I was boarding my train. The family behind me said they had waited 90 minutes.  Ugh!  Anyhow, I think this FoF is better than Kings Island’s as the train doesn’t sit on the mid-course for 5 seconds, and it seemed overall darker inside the spaghetti bowl, creating a very disorienting ride experience. Good stuff, but someone needs to turn the volume of the music and sound effects down a bit.  It was truly ear splitting!

My final new credit was Tumbili (#279), my first S&S free spin. Two cars were being used (not sure if there are any more) and the FastLane line was only 10 minutes, so that was a plus. I actually kind of liked this ride. I got 2 full (and very forceful) flips and while the ride is insanely short, it’s smooth and it made me smile after the park was kind of a let down thus far.  

Reptilian was closed when I first arrived, but it was open after I exited Tumbili.  The app said a 60 minute wait, and the FastLane line looked like there was only about 20 people in it so I got in line.  40 minutes later, I was climbing aboard. One train ops and the limited capacity made this a slow moving line.  Too bad because I absolutely love this ride. Why didn’t we get more Mack bobsleds in the States?  Fast, smooth, and the second half feels like you’re going to slide ride out of the trough.  Great ride, but that line… the standby line stretched way back to near Tumbili’s entrance. Yikes!

The singing mushrooms never sang. Boo!

I wrapped up my visit with a one cycle (FastLane) wait for Flying Eagles, which run VERY fast, and a walk-on FastLane ride on the Blue Ridge Tollway antique cars. This had to be the worst antique car ride I have ever done as the steering wheel did absolutely nothing. I bounced off the rail through the whole course. 

Other things that sort of irked me: Racer 75 had one train and one track operating. Grizzly’s line said <15 minutes on the app. The line stretched all the way to the gift shop with, yes, one train.  Don’t think that was 15 minutes! Delirium, Anaconda, Backlot Stunt Coaster, Drop Tower, Windseeker, and the Log Flume were all down. There were no “merger people” for FastLane and ant Tumbili annd Reptilian, no one was even checking.  And lines for food were just ridiculous.  Yes, I know it was Good Friday and the weather was quite nice. But this was a pretty bad day all around and I sincerely felt sorry for people without FastLane as they probably didn’t get on much at all.  

So that’s my review of Kings Dominion. Doubt I’ll be heading back again anytime soon… and that’s a shame because it is a nice park that has a lot of good things going for it. Thanks for reading…

You don't sound all that bitter, lol. I enjoyed the write up 

• Like 1

On 3/29/2024 at 8:09 PM, BitterOldHag said:

Be honest with yourself. Do you expect it to get any better after the merger?

• 3 months later...

Trip Report:

We kicked off our annual summer road trip made the drive down from the Canadian border, basically, to Doswell on Saturday the 14th. I only bring up the drive to mention the first time I noticed what would become the theme of the next few days: heat! I hadn't looked at or thought about the weather going into this. The days we could go were the days we could go, so weather didn't matter. We would show up at the parks and do what we could each day with what the weather brought. Well, it brought the heat. It was 11 PM and I was in Maryland when I noticed it was still 87 degrees out. Yikes.

Quick aside before I get to the park: We stayed at the La Quinta in across from King's Dominion. Don't do that. I am one of the least picky travelers you will ever meet, but this place was an absolutely filthy dump with abysmal service. If anyone wants more detail, ask and I will provide, but this is a coaster forum so that is what I will talk about now. I just wanted to give the warning.

The forecast for Sunday was a high of 97, but it didn't matter. We walked over to the park at opening and decided to walk towards the back at gate drop while letting the GP hit the stuff by the entrance. This was my third time in the park, but the first time since 2012. It was my 13 year old son's first time.

Grizzly -- First ride we came to was this woodie. The entrance is weirdly through a gift shop, but they had signs up so it was no big deal. The coaster itself was also kind of no big deal. We were on what I think was the second train of the day and got a zen ride, so that might of contributed, but at the same time it was already well into the 90s out so I think that is kind of a wash in terms of the impact on the ride. It did its thing. We found it kind of boring, I guess. Inoffensive, but boring.

Apple Zapple -- We saw Twisted Timbers and were excited for it, but I pulled my son over to the big wild mouse to hit it in case a line was going to build up. You know how these things go in terms of capacity. I was actually pretty disappointed by this one. Not that I had some grand expectation of greatness or anything, but I thought the big drop that this expanded model brought would do more. It was uninteresting and otherwise just a standard wild mouse once you popped up from it.

Twisted Timbers -- We were 2/2 with minor coasters in terms of having basically no reaction to them. Was it the heat getting to us? RMC would put our ability to feel to the test. This was my first new credit, one of two for the day (or so I thought at the time), and it was both a laugh and a scream a minute. It is a little short, but Twisted Timbers has a GREAT layout for an airtime junky like me. I really loved this ride. My only problem was that I found the restraints pretty painful. After hitting back then front, a third ride was out of the question. I have found RMC restraints to be a really inconsistent experience for me. Some rides hurt a lot (this one), just a little (ex: Steel Vengeance), and some not at all (ex: Wicked Cyclone). Some even slowly release up and distract from the ride completely as I wonder if they are going to hold! (Storm Chaser) Still, even with the restraints making me feel like I just got off Superman at SFNE, I loved this ride.

Racer 75 -- We went up the left side walkway first and hopped in the front row of the blue train for a race. The race lasted a quarter of the way up the lift hill when we were stopped so the ride ops could scold a lady for having her phone out. Race ruined. But the ride continued and ended up basically being the same experience I had at King's Island. I don't know if this ride is actually a clone or not, but it felt like it. For both Racers, I thought the ride out was really fun and the ride back too slow to deliver on its hills. Good ride overall though. You could feel it isn't tracking super well in the places that haven't been redone, but as with many of these old PTCs, they slow you down any time you turn around and the roughness doesn't matter much when it is going straight. Afterward, we repeated the ride on the right side for the second credit for the son. It was a let down to realize the ride was running three trains between the two sides though, so again we missed the race. Oh well. Coaster nerd bonus: When we got back to the hotel and I added these to the sheet, I realized I had not remembered that I had only ridden one side of Racer prior so there was a third credit I didn't expect.

Tumbili -- Next we wandered over to the new themed area, which looked very nice. The heat was starting to get to me though, so I probably didn't take it in as well as I could have. We also got a view of the new B&M launched coaster going in while waiting in line. Another reason to come back eventually! Can't complain about that. Anyway, I have a weird relationship with 4D Free Spins. It seems like the longer I go without riding one, the more I like them. Then each ride very rapidly has diminishing returns until I hate them. Since it had been a couple years since I ran into a new one and I hadn't re-ridden any, I actually really liked Tumbili. We only got one spin, but the jerky drops and partial rotations were fun. This is was a nice filler addition. It was also my last new credit for the day.

Reptilian -- What a difference a coat of paint makes! Avalanche/Reptilian is what it is. It is slow and meandering until it isn't at the end, but when it finally picks up the speed to be exciting, the ride immediately ends. I like the ride fine and would love to feel it without the first trim completely stopping the train someday. I can imagine how insane the finale would be if it got to keep the initial speed, if that would be safe of course. But back to the paint! The new look and re-theming to fit into the new area was brilliantly done. It is a very pretty ride now and fits great. Well done, KD.

Backlot Stunt Coaster -- Now for the opposite. What the heck is this thing at this point? Just tear it out. Not a single effect is working anymore, quite literally not one, so I guess the theme is riding through a... junkyard? The launch is fun. I always think the first helix on these is an underrated intensity moment. Being launched the second time through the dark is fun, sure. But without any of the effects that mostly still worked last time we were at KI and CW, the coaster is just weird and lifeless. Take it out if you're not going to let it be what it is anymore. It isn't like the place is lacking for launches.

Anaconda -- Oof. I will always be nostalgic towards old Arrows and hopeful while in line, but we got a really poor, headbanging ride on this one. I don't really remember it from 12 years ago, but I wish I did to compare how it has aged versus what it was then. The current state is not good. It is time to put in the money to fix this thing or replace it.

Flight of Fear - I forget how much I end up liking these each time I ride them. The launch isn't the amazing punch it looks like it will be out of the station while waiting in line, but it is good enough and the spaghetti style, inversion filled layout with limited lighting is disorienting in a way that I always end up liking. I didn't notice any real differences between it and the other two I had ridden more recently either, unlike with Backlot Stunt Coaster. I also want to praise the restraints on these. I wish they caught on. The lap bars are super comfortable, there are no OTSRs, and the seatbelt clicking into the lapbar as a backup is much better for the rider, at least in my opinion, then having them actually wear the seatbelt. 

Project 305 - The last time I went to Kings Dominion and my first ride on I305 was the first year after the reprofiled turn, if I am remembering right, and I had kind of a funny experience. My wife and I rode it together, as we always did then, and I had no idea what the hell just happened to me. I grayed out hard right after even the reprofiled turn and barely registered the rest of the ride. I knew I needed a re-ride, but my wife... said no. She just flat out refused to do that again. This is the only time in our life together that she ever refused to ride anything. With that, I didn't ride it again until this trip. It was one of those perfect walk ons too. We grabbed the back not only without waiting with anyone ahead of us, but without even waiting at the gate. It opened as we joined the queue and we walked right on without ever stopping. Despite the heat and my dehydration, I did not gray out fully this time, though I was close, and I was able to recover quickly enough to enjoy the rest of the ride. I like this one better than I thought I did! What a powerhouse this giant Intamin is. I can only imagine the borderline 100 degree weather had it hauling particularly fast too. It will need to move up my nerd rankings for sure. I305 did make me nauseous though as I sat on the break run, probably because of the heat and dehydration, at least in part, so we left it again to one ride. We talked about coming back later at night and hitting it again after cooling off at the hotel, but we never did.

Woodstock Express -- We peaked into the kiddy land to see if there was a line for this. Unsurprisingly given the heat and lack of lines all day, it was a walk on so we grabbed the credit for my kid. Every time I ride one of these, I think about what an underrated ride it is for the kids. Modern bigger kid friendly coasters like Gravity Group family woodies or Vekoma Family Inverts have upped their speed and intensity, so this bigger looking ride with its calm, but not boring (for a kid) layout is an increasingly rare sweetspot as a stepping stone for young kids working their nerves up for the big rides. We also grabbed a ride on the air conditioned little shooter while in the area to cool off. I am sad to report my son beat me on one of these for the first time ever, thought to be honest we both performed poorly!

Dominator -- We closed our time in the oven with a ride on this B&M Floorless. My god was it moving in the heat. This was unquestionably the fastest and most intense ride I have ever gotten on a B&M Floorless, bar none. It was very rattly, but that rarely bothers me on B&Ms and I loved the ride we got. If we weren't dying from the heat at this point, I would have wanted another go. We were very much dying from the just under 100 degree heat, however, so we walked back to the hotel and ended up calling it a night.

It only took about five hours on the dot to work through the entire lineup at King's Dominion. The crowds were light due the forecasted highs and I imagine those who were there were mostly at the water park. I think the only coasters were waited at all for were Tumbili and Backlot Stunt Coaster. Neither wait was more than 20 minutes. All in all it was a good, albeit HOT, day at the park. I hit credit number 237 and Dominator was my son's 175th.

Busch Gardens Williamsburg was our plan for the next day. Somehow the forecast was even hotter, but that is a post coming in that thread.

Thanks for reading.

EDIT: I put the date as the 20th instead of the 14th. What is time, anyway?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, prozach626 said:

So.... no one is talking about the new launched wing rider?

No one is talking about anything. This forum is close to dead in 2024.

Are there any still active coaster forums other than reddit? I like reddit a lot, but I still miss the old chronologically ordered forums like this where the new posts go to the top and there is no voting or algorithm involved.

Kings Dominion has officially announced Rapterra, a launched B&M wing coaster for 2025!

image.png.2d933e8f7f8c86a18bdbaa1c77484c17.png

image.thumb.png.64091fcc478070e5c1d6eb0ecddf51d3.png

https://www.kingsdominion.com/blog/media-center/conquer-the-skies-when-rapterra-launches-into-kings-dominion

Kings Dominion, central Virginia’s beloved amusement park, is thrilled to announce the arrival of Rapterra as part of the park’s 50th anniversary season in 2025. Standing at 145 feet tall and stretching 3,086 ft long, this incredible new attraction is the world's tallest and longest launched wing coaster, and promises an unforgettable experience filled with heights, speed and exhilarating maneuvers for all park-goers.  

Rapterra, inspired by the powerful Jungle Hawk, offers riders the sensation of flight. The adventure begins with a powerful launch, accelerating passengers to 65 miles per hour in just four seconds before ascending to its zenith over the Jungle X-Pedition midway. The ride then plummets into a dive loop, and navigates a series of thrilling aerial maneuvers, including an S-turn, a wing slide, a flat spin, an airtime hill, and a 360-degree raptor roll. The 89-second ride totals three inversions before a smooth return to the station. 

“We are excited to unveil Rapterra, the must-do ride of 2025, at Kings Dominion,” said Bridgette Bywater, vice president and general manager of Kings Dominion. “This extraordinary addition promises new thrills for our guests, making it the perfect centerpiece for our 50th anniversary celebration and reaffirming why Kings Dominion is the ultimate destination for unforgettable memories and exhilarating excitement.” 

Manufactured by industry leader Bolliger and Mabillard, Rapterra's winged coaster design positions riders on either side of the track, offering an immersive, floorless experience that simulates flying. The basalt grey support columns and patina green track create loops, twists and rolls, ensuring a thrilling adventure from start to finish. 

Construction of Rapterra is already in progress, with completion expected this fall. The coaster will officially open in 2025, coinciding with Kings Dominion's milestone 50th anniversary celebration. More information on the 50th anniversary celebration will be shared at a later date. 

In addition, today marks the launch of the 2025 Gold Season Pass at Kings Dominion. Guests who purchase a 2025 Gold Pass will receive unlimited visits and free parking the remainder of the 2024 season, plus the entire 2025 season.  That includes visits to the all-new Food and Wine Festival this summer, Halloween Haunt, WinterFest and more. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, A.J. said:

Construction of Rapterra is already in progress, with completion expected this fall. The coaster will officially open in 2025, coinciding with Kings Dominion's milestone 50th anniversary celebration. 

Yo, Great Adventure!

3 hours ago, abovethesink said:

Are there any still active coaster forums other than reddit? I like reddit a lot, but I still miss the old chronologically ordered forums like this where the new posts go to the top and there is no voting or algorithm involved.

It's too bad...social media, Reddit, etc are cesspools and like you said it's so much more work to sift through the bullshit to actually get reputable information. On forums you know who's who and the best people to get info from about certain things. Those people exist to a point on social media pages, but good luck finding them amongst the hundreds of spam and nonsense messages that the good posts are buried in.

The good news is there is still a good amount of posting here regarding new announcements and things of that sort, but unfortunately the day to day updates and discussions have gone by the wayside. Same is true for most online forums.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, michaellynn4 said:

That's an... interesting layout. Looks like a lot of fun, though. Glad something will finally fill Volcano's absence.

Agreed, but I still miss Volcano

I have the same reaction to every virtual POV I have ever seen, no matter how everyone else reacts, no matter how the ride actually turns out. "Looks slow and forceless." My mind just can't process these and project out what the rides will feel like for some reason. 

Right now, I'm expecting to make a trip out to the park (and BGW) for Haunt 2025. After Twisted Timbers and I/P 305, there's a good drop off in Quality rides. This should be a less intense ride than the aforementioned 2, which the crowds will love. Even if it's not Volcano.

Now when will the permanent new theme be announced for the ride Formerly known as I305?

• 1 month later...

Just discovered there is no school this Friday, and my wife also has the day off! What should I do? GO TO KINGS DOMINION! But, checking the weather (which I know it can change) there is a 40% chance of light rain. 

I have a 3 hours drive. My concern is they don't open the park. Or, they don't run the coasters in light rain. Regulars... should I risk it? Really wanting to do the haunts (I know the outdoor ones might be closed if it's raining), and get on the coasters. Should I risk it? Wait until Friday? Have my wife relentlessly refreshing X to see if the park announces they are not opening as we are driving down? 

Also... any haunt suggestions for this year?

If it's not terrible, they will open and stay open IF people show up. One of my best Haunt nights was very rainy, they closed at 10 but I did everything, however they close more easily now. There is also a substantial chance of thunder this Friday and it will be quite humid; haunts may be a sweatbath and actors listless (even worse at BGW). Dorney and Great Adv. are looking better. I was going to go to CP but for high winds, probably will go to KD but it's not far away. 

KD closed for tonight. Looks like my CP trip Th-F would have worked out, but only could go by the info avail. However, unlike CP, there should still be plenty of Fridays and Sundays left before KD gets too crowded -- last Sunday was very light. BGW appears to be open tonight, humidity 100%, swamp Halloween.

BGW closed at 9 tonight. Lots of coasters closed. 2 or 3 of their houses were closed as well since they were outside. 

Last night (Thursday) was dead at BGW. Didn't see a full coaster train all night.  Never saw a line for the haunts.

Alpengeist has been closed both nights. 

The Friends Frenzy 5K this morning at BGW was fun. Ran around and through the park. Scare actors along the route were fun. 

Now off to KD for the day. Hopefully we can get back to East TN tomorrow.  East TN and Western NC were hit really.