TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Busch Gardens Tampa Bay (BGT Discussion Thread)

P. 372: Serengeti Flyer swing ride announced!

I completely understand the backlash with the name Cheetah Hunt. This isn't the first offensively named coaster however, many of the most popular rides have names that could be misconstrued just as easily.

Top Thrill Dragster-encourages dangerous driving.

Raptor-easily pronounced "Rapetor", causing unnecessary raping.

Intimidator/Intimidator 305-promotes bullying in schools.

Superman-makes kids think they can fly.

Tatsu-promotes tattooing.

Millennium Force-initials are MF.

Powder Keg-promotes terrorism.

Voodoo-promotes satanism in children, ditto for the Harry Potter ride.

Hydra-easily misconstrued as "hydro", plus it has green track.

Since Cheetah Hunt has been announced, I personally have killed four cheetahs. I shudder to think of the international backlash on these once proud animals.

uhhh... . Is this sarcasm?

I would love to go through a haunted house with some NFL cheerleaders.

Is that all?

I don't understand what you mean by this statement? I too would love to do all sorts of fun and exciting things with NFL Cheerleaders. Gawsh, NFL Cheerleaders, I don't even know where to start!

We could start by riding Kumba, I mean, that's a pretty sexy coaster. Than I still need my credit from the new Sesame Street Safari so we could all go there for a bit. I suppose we could than ride Shiekra, that coaster is the sexiest thing in that park. Oh! Than we could ride my favorite piece of rough wood... Gwazi is pretty rough after all. Oh! And take lots of revealing pictures! I would just love to reveal what Busch Gardens is going to be doing with Cheetah Hunt!

After that I suppose they'd go back to Tampa Bay and I'd hit up Disney or something, I don't know...

I completely understand the backlash with the name Cheetah Hunt. This isn't the first offensively named coaster however, many of the most popular rides have names that could be misconstrued just as easily.

Top Thrill Dragster-encourages dangerous driving.

Raptor-easily pronounced "Rapetor", causing unnecessary raping.

Intimidator/Intimidator 305-promotes bullying in schools.

Superman-makes kids think they can fly.

Tatsu-promotes tattooing.

Millennium Force-initials are MF.

Powder Keg-promotes terrorism.

Voodoo-promotes satanism in children, ditto for the Harry Potter ride.

Hydra-easily misconstrued as "hydro", plus it has green track.

Since Cheetah Hunt has been announced, I personally have killed four cheetahs. I shudder to think of the international backlash on these once proud animals.

uhhh... . Is this sarcasm?

No. Since the announcement of Cheetah Hunt, I have killed four cheetahs. It is very reminiscent of the announcement of the Intimidator coasters last year, which caused me to go to a local highschool and bully everyone. The less said about Rapetor the better.

Too bad for me, we have no large cats to kill in Florida anymore, well ok we have a few but you can't shoot stuff if you can't find it. I will shoot the manatees instead, not all of them obviously, just enough to tame my rage over this Millennium Forcing name...oh and I am dead serious.

Want to see photos of piles of dirt?

HPIM2061.JPG.15c1662795c71cb87fa3e97c965b4c26.JPG

A lot has been done to the concrete walls. And a pile of dirt.

HPIM2065.JPG.9e9e9a055e8be3c733ebcf7424c6f7d7.JPG

Inside the station. Does it look like the floor has been cut out where the track is going to be?

HPIM2070.JPG.524e983ab055a4787fb7663518c3bf94.JPG

The north side of the Edge of Africa bridge. Another pile of dirt.

HPIM2075.JPG.e6d5e4dcdce032fd9106a24f20d01126.JPG

What? Can it be? Is this a picture of supports? Please? Maybe?

^I would have them over for tea to discuss current events.

So that's what we're calling it now.

Yeah, yeah. How do you take your tea honey? With sugar and cream? Yeah, I can hook you up with that. Crumpets? Yeah, I got crumpets. You want me to butter that for ya? The Iraq occupation? I'll occupy whatever you want? What about the economy? I got a stimulus package for ya.

Guy "I would have them over for tea to discuss current events too." Koepp

After reading BGT's Facebook page and seeing how their wall has erupted with complaints about the name Cheetah Hunt, I saw this info after someone asked about the cheetah exhibit that will be alongside the ride. They were asked how many cheetahs would be in the new exhibit and where they were coming from.

The park's response:

We expect to open the attraction with 8 cheetahs and will likely have between 12 and 15 total long-term. In accordance with the cheetah Species Survival Plan, they are coming from several zoological parks around the world, as close as north Florida and as far away as South Africa....

...The Busch Gardens & SeaWorld Conservation Fund has been helping cheetahs in the wild since 2005. The Fund logo even features a cheetah! And a big portion of the new Cheetah Run habitat includes touch-screens and other educational components to help families understand the plight of these animals in their native lands.

I'm really looking forward to this as I've only seen a couple cheetahs up close. Seeing eight of them would be cool!

And hopefully this will help clear any doubt of the ride's name.

I'm just curious why the park didn't just rename the new coaster Cheetah Chase and rename the current Cheetah Chase something different. I mean, it's not like Cheetah Chase is heavily themed or anything. And in all honesty, do you think the GP would even know? I think it's going to be confusing enough having two rides that start with Cheetah as it is. In my opinion, Cheetah Chase is a hell of a better name then either Cheetah Hunt or Cheetaka.

^I would have them over for tea to discuss current events.

So that's what we're calling it now.

Yeah, yeah. How do you take your tea honey? With sugar and cream? Yeah, I can hook you up with that. Crumpets? Yeah, I got crumpets. You want me to butter that for ya? The Iraq occupation? I'll occupy whatever you want? What about the economy? I got a stimulus package for ya.

Guy "I would have them over for tea to discuss current events too." Koepp

Hahaha

You just made my day

Why didn't the company take a page from their own backyard?

"Manta" ... totally worked, simple, to the point. Why not just drop "Hunt"?

"Cheetah"

Just checked: Forgot the one at Wild Adventures. Do they own a trademark on it? Drat. I'm done now. What's in a name? Now, I no longer care.

Edited by Visioneer

Just out of curiosity if any of you have been to Howl-O-Scream this year or in years past on a Thursday how were the lines? The past few years I went on Saturdays and had insane waits of 2-3 hours so im wondering if i should be expecting that this Thursday.

I went last Thursday, and the lines were quite long. Now, this is comparing to last year where there were no lines. This year, however, the lines were at least 40 mins to an hour, with each coaster having a line of up to an hour. I did hear, however, hear that there was no public school the next day, so that could be the reason for all the lines. But like I said, last year on a Thursday, the lines were non existent.

^ You are correct a lot of schools were off last Friday. I went last Thursday and it was packed. We arrived at the park at 7:15pm and left at 1am. We hit all 7 houses, 1 show and rode Sheikra, Kumba and Montu. I have gone the last 9 years and typically the park is empty on Thursday nights. The longest wait is usually 10 minutes, if not a walk on. This past Thursday was kind of a fluke. But even though the haunted houses had lines, they all moved really quickly. I think the longest wait we had was about 15 minutes. The longest wait we had of the night was for Montu (had really slow dispatches) waited about 40 minutes. The next few Thursdays will be busy but no where as busy as Halloween Horror NIghts at Universal or Sat. nights at HOS. Just get to the park early, once entering the park, go left, hit the My X House and then head towards the back of the park. Then work your way to the front, this should help keep the waits very short.

As you can see from the pictures it's in a real secure location.....I'm sure they had to scale 8 foot tall fences to get those pictures. Good job on the pics guys.

Since you didn't bother to read the last few pages, I posted that I'm fully aware of where the track pieces are located. It's in an overflow lot. It's not in any "backstage areas."

I had already said that any further posts like this would be deleted, which I have deleted about 10 posts so far in this thread.

Theme Park Review DOES NOT condone anyone breaking park rules to get any photos of any kind. If we thought these photos shouldn't have been taken, we would have removed them.

We are also on very good terms with BGT who read the forums. If THEY thought the photos should have been posted, they would have contacted us.

Some of you need to step down from your soap box and stop being the "internet police."

--Robb