TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Busch Gardens Tampa Bay (BGT Discussion Thread)

p. 375: Phoenix Rising family inverted coaster announced for 2024!

The "auto-caption" feature on YouTube sucks, but it makes for entertaining subtitles!

I do not understand your post? Or, as Johnny 5 would say "Does not compute, need more input!"

Did you not see the picture? YouTube has an option where it will translate the audio in any video and make captions. Everyone was complaining about how the name may promote hunting cheetahs. I noticed that when YouTube translated the announcement video, it said something about shooting President Bush and I found it amusing. Is that a better explanation? It was a joke.

The "auto-caption" feature on YouTube sucks, but it makes for entertaining subtitles!

I do not understand your post? Or, as Johnny 5 would say "Does not compute, need more input!"

Did you not see the picture? YouTube has an option where it will translate the audio in any video and make captions. Everyone was complaining about how the name may promote hunting cheetahs. I noticed that when YouTube translated the announcement video, it said something about shooting President Bush and I found it amusing. Is that a better explanation? It was a joke.

No jokes allowed, roller coasters are serious business. And... now TPR plus everyone involved are on some Homeland Security watch list...

I knew it was a joke, I just didn't understand it I didn't realize the "translate into caption option" that youtube has (which is pretty cool actually). Certainly an interesting translation.

This is Busch Gardens. C'mon now... Even a family owned park would probably shy away from naming a ride after the concept of hunting ANYTHING. PC is just a fact of life over here.

If cheetahs didn't hunt there would be no cheetahs. They need to hunt to survive. It's just a fact of life over there.

Are you always upset with the Discovery, National Geographic, etc. channels? They constantly show hunting in all it's viciousness.

Also, doesn't Holiday World have a ride where you shoot turkeys?

^NO NO!!!! As I have been corrected numerous times...you CALL the turkeys, you don't SHOOT the turkeys!!!!

Even if you're pointing a gun like object at a Turkey at Thanksgiving, it's not shooting!

Although this kind of brings up the point of what's being argued in this thread. It's all about perception, and Holiday World can claim all they want that you're 'calling' turkey's when in reality, everyone who goes on that ride shoots the hell out of them!

Elissa makes a good point about perception. If Holiday World didn't tell you the story behind Gobbler Getaway and how you're actually calling turkeys, you would think that you're just shooting them. If Busch Gardens doesn't give you a story behind Cheetah Hunt, people might think you're hunting cheetahs. But of course the ride will have a story and theming behind it and once that has been established, people won't really be able to complain how Cheetah Hunt promotes hunting cheetahs.

Busch Gardens Tampa Bay has sent us a press release complete with photos and video form this year's visit to Howl-O-Scream by the Tampa Bay Buccaneers Cheerleaders!

Tampa Bay Buccaneers Cheerleaders Shaniqua Brown, Nikki Fraser, Courtney Russ, Ashley Kowal, Marlana Aref, Stephanie Ritz and Lauren Cross took a break before the big game on Sunday to visit Howl-O-Scream 2010 at Busch Gardens.

During their heart pounding evening at the nationally ranked event, the cheerleaders toured the brand-new My X: Revenge Rocks and returning fan favorite Delta Epsilon Delta: Extreme Rush (DEDer) haunted houses and experienced fanatical terror first-hand in the new Xtreme Fanatics scare zone.

Howl-O-Scream 2010 is a separate ticketed event, and tickets can be purchased as low as $19.95. Savings are available on advance ticket purchases for Passport Members and Florida Residents. Discounts are also available through promotional codes provided on select Pepsi, Domino’s Pizza, Applebee’s, Smoothie King and Muvico theaters purchases statewide.

The event runs every Thursday, Friday and Saturday night during October and remaining event nights include Oct. 15-16, 21-23, 28-30 and Oct. 31. Operating hours are 7:30 p.m. to 1 a.m. on Thursday nights and Halloween night. Friday and Saturday hours are 7:30 p.m. to 2 a.m.

[coastertube]http://www.themeparkreview.com/coastertube/play.php?vid=HOS2010_Bucs_Cheerleaders_V3_s47i[/coastertube]

DED.jpg.7bbe4a048ddadca7d27f7298f04daf01.jpg

Tampa Bay Buccaneers Cheerleaders Lauren Cross, Shaniqua Brown and Nikki Fraser wander the halls of Delta Epsilon Delta: Extreme Rush, where sisterhood is forever, and the torture and pain of sorority life amp up to a new extreme during ΔΕΔ Rush Week 2010. The Bucs Cheerleaders soon learned the meaning behind the mysterious chapter’s new My X anthem, “It’s never been better than to be D.E.D.er!”

2071724597_MyX.jpg.33e0b1b1340d279a73c5537264684bcd.jpg

My X is the hottest underground band in town, and its devoted fans are dying to meet Sylvie and her killer group. After sneaking backstage and discovering the disturbing truth behind the cruel lyrics, Tampa Bay Buccaneers Cheerleaders Marlana Aref, Stephanie Ritz, Courtney Russ and Ashley Kowal’s quest to “get in with the band” quickly changes to a heart-pounding experience to get out.

862678771_XtremeFanatics.jpg.9f09eebcefcf7ff9f05ac4cdd4df432e.jpg

Tampa Bay Buccaneers Cheerleaders Courtney Russ, Ashley Kowal, Marlana Aref, Stephanie Ritz and Lauren Cross come face-to-face with My X’s most devoted and deranged followers, X-treme FANatics. The bold Bucs Cheerleaders scramble through the mosh pit shrine, which is dedicated to the beloved Sylvie and her killer band, and soon learn that My X extremists will stop at nothing to prove they are the ultimate fans!

I completely understand the backlash with the name Cheetah Hunt. This isn't the first offensively named coaster however, many of the most popular rides have names that could be misconstrued just as easily.

Top Thrill Dragster-encourages dangerous driving.

Raptor-easily pronounced "Rapetor", causing unnecessary raping.

Intimidator/Intimidator 305-promotes bullying in schools.

Superman-makes kids think they can fly.

Tatsu-promotes tattooing.

Millennium Force-initials are MF.

Powder Keg-promotes terrorism.

Voodoo-promotes satanism in children, ditto for the Harry Potter ride.

Hydra-easily misconstrued as "hydro", plus it has green track.

Since Cheetah Hunt has been announced, I personally have killed four cheetahs. I shudder to think of the international backlash on these once proud animals.

Elissa makes a good point about perception. If Holiday World didn't tell you the story behind Gobbler Getaway and how you're actually calling turkeys, you would think that you're just shooting them. If Busch Gardens doesn't give you a story behind Cheetah Hunt, people might think you're hunting cheetahs. But of course the ride will have a story and theming behind it and once that has been established, people won't really be able to complain how Cheetah Hunt promotes hunting cheetahs.

Yeah, but there wasn't a leaked false name released before it opened, like "Gobbletaka."

True, most visitors will not see the PR and only be subject to the ads, but the rest of your comments are laughable. Advertisments go through much scrutiny and testing before running.

Do you really think the park would approve an ad if the visuals implied or displayed a cheetah being hunted?

No, I absolutely don't believe that, and I never said that they would. I just said, if they don't fully explain the theme, no matter what they put on the ad, A LOT of people will interpret "Cheetah Hunt" to mean hunting cheetahs. Certainly not all of them will...but based on the Facebook page and testimonies in this thread alone, I don't understand how you can disagree...

At least it isn't being called "Let's Shoot Cheetahs"

This is Busch Gardens. C'mon now... Even a family owned park would probably shy away from naming a ride after the concept of hunting ANYTHING. PC is just a fact of life over here.

If cheetahs didn't hunt there would be no cheetahs. They need to hunt to survive. It's just a fact of life over there.

Are you always upset with the Discovery, National Geographic, etc. channels? They constantly show hunting in all it's viciousness.

Also, doesn't Holiday World have a ride where you shoot turkeys?

Clearly when I wrote this I meant human holding a gun hunt. BGT also houses lions and tigers. What kind of dressing do you think they prefer on their salads?

^I never thought the park implied that the ride's named would be referred to hunting cheetahs.

However I do see how this would cause some people to think that due to the fact that the animal is an endangered species and one of the main reasons is poaching.

I completely understand the backlash with the name Cheetah Hunt. This isn't the first offensively named coaster however, many of the most popular rides have names that could be misconstrued just as easily.

Since Cheetah Hunt has been announced, I personally have killed four cheetahs. I shudder to think of the international backlash on these once proud animals.

uhhh... . Is this sarcasm?

I would love to go through a haunted house with some NFL cheerleaders.

Is that all?

I don't understand what you mean by this statement? I too would love to do all sorts of fun and exciting things with NFL Cheerleaders. Gawsh, NFL Cheerleaders, I don't even know where to start!

We could start by riding Kumba, I mean, that's a pretty sexy coaster. Than I still need my credit from the new Sesame Street Safari so we could all go there for a bit. I suppose we could than ride Shiekra, that coaster is the sexiest thing in that park. Oh! Than we could ride my favorite piece of rough wood... Gwazi is pretty rough after all. Oh! And take lots of revealing pictures! I would just love to reveal what Busch Gardens is going to be doing with Cheetah Hunt!

After that I suppose they'd go back to Tampa Bay and I'd hit up Disney or something, I don't know...

uhhh... . Is this sarcasm?

No. Since the announcement of Cheetah Hunt, I have killed four cheetahs. It is very reminiscent of the announcement of the Intimidator coasters last year, which caused me to go to a local highschool and bully everyone. The less said about Rapetor the better.

Too bad for me, we have no large cats to kill in Florida anymore, well ok we have a few but you can't shoot stuff if you can't find it. I will shoot the manatees instead, not all of them obviously, just enough to tame my rage over this Millennium Forcing name...oh and I am dead serious.