TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Busch Gardens Williamsburg (BGW BGE) Discussion Thread

P. 467: Loch Ness Monster Update Tour

Height requirement issues aside, this looks like a nice little coaster that fits the line-up at BGW well (assuming this layout is somewhat accurate). I'm not a big fan of the name, but it could grow on me. Hopefully this woodie will stay nice and smooth and not meet the same fate as Gwazi.

My only problem is that I'm worried about how this coaster will age, as GCI's don't seem to age that well

Lightning Racers called.

Unfortunately, so did Wildcat.

I'd just like to remind everyone that my video is just a concept that fits within the planned ride path and is not anything official as is stated at the end of the trailer/POV. While I could certainly see the final product being similar to what I concocted, it's obviously not going to be an exact clone of what I made.

(I am flattered that a few may have thought my video was real though! )

My only problem is that I'm worried about how this coaster will age, as GCI's don't seem to age that well

Lightning Racers called.

GCI'S that run their Millennium Flyer trains right from the time they open tend to age much better than traditional woodies from other manufacturers past and present. Wildcat and Gwazi opened with PTC'S.

The jury is still out on larger TGG coasters that open with their Timberliners only because they're all overseas and opened within the last 2 years.

^True. If anything Gwazi was worse with the Flyers.

I am looking forward to this ride, as I think it will fit in perfectly with the wooded setting of New France. I think the theme is a bit "off," but I'm sure the ride will be enjoyable and that the park will maintain it well.

Lightning Racers called.

Unfortunately, so did Wildcat.

I actually enjoyed Wildcat. There's a much more painful woody at Dorney.

Wildcat has a great layout thats fun still, just make sure you pack some advil.

As for the concept video I could see the new coaster having a similar layout. Im curious to see how it will interact with the flume.

^I liked Wildcat when I first rode it. This was the first year it sported the Millennium Flyer trains, and they'd done some track work, too. But two years ago, it was, well, not good.

I had ridden it with both PTC trains as well as millenium flyers. The old PTCs actually give a smoother ride than it does now, but I agree the first year it has MF trains it was the best it ever ran. It seems as time goes on GCI coasters with MF trains begin to get rougher and rougher.

I've only been on a small handful of GCI's, but from the reviews I've read, only a few of the GCI's have not aged well. Particularly Gwazi and Apocalypse. I believe for the majority, GCI's are good coasters for quite a long time.

I've only been on a small handful of GCI's, but from the reviews I've read, only a few of the GCI's have not aged well. Particularly Gwazi and Apocalypse. I believe for the majority, GCI's are good coasters for quite a long time.

Parks who keep up on them, and maintain them have GCIs that last a long time.

Anyone know when the layout will be revealed, or when the will release an animation?

Since it's almost a year until it's opening, I expect them to milk/tease it as long as possible. I wouldn't expect it until late summer...but you never know.

Anyone know when the layout will be revealed, or when the will release an animation?

Since it's almost a year until it's opening, I expect them to milk/tease it as long as possible. I wouldn't expect it until late summer...but you never know.

Yes, they're taking the "anti-Tempesto" approach this time.

Yes, they're taking the "anti-Tempesto" approach this time.

Or you could say, the "antipasto" approach

Okay I'll leave now